Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Greatest Game You Never Beat 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Greatest Game You Never Beat
I don't think I ever beat any of the original Zelda games. But they're all fantastic. I think Ocarina was the first one I beat. And I haven't beat one since.

I know the hardest game I ever didn't beat was Majora's Mask. Followed by Metroid Prime 2.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:22 am
The Kramer

Funny you should create this thread, since I'm in a situation like this right now. I've tried and failed to beat the final boss of Chrono Trigger like 6 times and I dunno if its worth it to try again. Like fifteen minutes into the battle he does this stupid thing called Grand Stone that does like 800 damage to each player, and if everyone is not at full health when then its game over and I have to go through the first stage of the boss battle again.

I'm also struggling to make it through Kingdom Hearts 2, but less because of the difficulty and more because its really boring. What the hell happened there? The first was so good.

Earlier this year I gave up up Final Fantasy X during the shifting platforms boss, though if I didn't already know that Yuna would survive (thanks to FFX2 coming in the package) I probably would've played to the end. Great story there, probably my favorite romantic plot in a video game. So I'll go with that as my answer, with Ocarina (played it 3 times but never finished) and Chrono being 2 and 3.

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Hardest games

New Gen:Dark Souls

Old School: The first Megaman on the NES. I didn't know you had to beat certain bad guys in order or scissors/paper/rock

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:08 pm
The Kramer

Magnus wrote:
Chrono Trigger is top 10 game ever made. Also you could possibly be trying to beat the boss too early. There are like 13 different endings for that game, most of which you need to do in a New Game+.
My A-Team of Chrono, Marle and Frog (I call him Sir Ribitz) are all over 50, and I did all the side quests + The Black Omen. I know you can go back in time and do The Black Omen again, but I'm not sure if I wanna do all that grinding.

It is a spectacular game though. I love the music, the battle system and the graphics are better than a lot of modern games. Those sprites. :wub2:

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:16 pm
The Kramer

I know I have the best weapons and armor available, not sure about accessories. I think I'm gonna have to cheat and change it to a turn based battle instead of real time. I just never have enough time to recover from that Grand Stone attack when he/she/it does it late in the battle. It's even worse than Sephiroth's SuperNova!

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:25 pm
The Kramer

Yeah. the first stages of the fight are easy. Even the last one would be easy without Grand Stone. You kill the left drone, wait for the right to lower its defense and then unload until he resurrects the left. Then Lavos wipes the entire party with one stupid attack. :P I'll get it eventually, now that you've hyped up the ending, its just frustrating to have to go through the entire battle each time, and then lose when I'm so close to the finish.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:35 pm
The Kramer

Well I guess this chat was all I needed, because Lavos just got got! Just barely though. A late Grand Stone one shotted Marle, and then seconds later Time Warp took us back to prehistoric era, before I had a chance to get everyone back up to full HP. Luckily he didn't hit me with a second grand stone, as he's done before and I was able to take him down. It was quite epic, I should have live streamed it.

So thanks Magnus, for helping me knock Chrono Trigger off the list. :thumbsup:

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:42 pm
The Wall

Super Mario Bros 3. I never finished the last land. Tried it like a gazillion times as a kid. Fucking no save.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Ocarina of Time

The first Legend of Zelda and Zelda II

I beat Majora's Mask with a guide, so fucking difficult but a true masterpiece indeed

1. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
2. Dune
3. Luca
4. Godzilla vs. Kong
5. The Suicide Squad
6. Mission Impossible 7
7. Space Jam A New Legacy
8. No Time to Die
9. The Conjuring 3
10. The Matrix 4

Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:30 pm
loyalfromlondon

gta iv. could never finish that last mission.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm
Extraordinary

Battletoads

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:20 am
Profile WWW
ha ha, charade you are

El Maskado wrote:
Hardest games

Old School: The first Megaman on the NES. I didn't know you had to beat certain bad guys in order or scissors/paper/rock

This! I spent weeks trying to figure out how to beat the game. I never could. I eventually got the sequels and was able to beat those. I never did go back with game genie or a rom (still have the original packed away) and try to beat it again.

I never was able to beat Who Framed Roger Rabbit on NES either. Don't know if others considered that difficult or not.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:44 pm
Cream of the Crop

Ocarina of Time

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat May 01, 2021 11:27 am
Full Fledged Member

Wow huge necro :twisted:

Tue May 04, 2021 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]