Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
Superfreak

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
Please, celebrating death is always wrong because you have to feel sorry for the people who cared about them, no matter who they are. There are some who I would say deserve it but I would never celebrate it. If your into that sort of thing keep it to yourself please.

I haven't said to much on this except the obvious, that this sucks for all involved, fans, friendly a dn especially family alike, no better way to put it.

I was caught completely off guard, as everyone was. It reminds of Princess Diana, Jfk Jr., Len Bias, the recent death of Sean Taylor, just so unexpected that I still like I am in some sort of dream and waiting to be awoken. I can still recall the very first I heard Heath Ledger involved in the mix. I was logging onto the worldofkj.com to discuss Superman Returns box office in late July of 2006, when a poster named Dr. Lecter started a thread about the Latino Review article of him being cast. I was dumbfounded, a hardcore Johnny Depp supporter I couldnt see it. After some googling, I was convinced they had got it wrong, he would play Harvey Dent and be a great choice! Obviously I was wrong, but I think I speak for all doubter when I say hes changed our minds. That would be a definite understatement.

But anyways, I has just come back from a run early as it started snowing and was heading on when I saw the cover of Yahoo.com and my reaction was, probably similar to yours, a prolonged and outloud

"WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

This has to be a mistake! But as I read more, another word formed.

"****tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt"

The actor I had liked since The Patriot, rooted for when his career totally died, watched blossom into a brilliant actor and finally having mainstream and critical success on his own, who I was aware of just having a child and was poised for super stardom and what would clearly be the biggest hit of his career in a few months......was gone. Now just the most recent name to the gone-too-soon lists.

Disbelief and shock are better words to describe what I felt than sorrow and dispair after all I didnt know the guy. I do feel very sorry for his daughter, his ex-wife, his family, the Gyllenhalls, Bale who he reportedly bonded with, everybody he knew I felt very sorry for because it was clear from outsiders perspective they lost somebody rare; not just as an actor but as a person. He seemed like one of the people who would really blossom into a huge star right infront of us, right there with Damon and Dicaprio as the male stars leading us into the next decade, the people wed be talking about for a while.

But it was not to be. God clearly had different plans for him, and I must respect that. It really goes to show that again, life is too short to spend time arguing or hating; its too precious to ever take for granted. As I said, I was an outsider to him, but it was obvious still to me that he really did like his life the right way. He did what he wanted and what he liked, he was vocal about affections for roles, women, anything he wanted in his life, a go getter and its obvious from his line of work but all the while being very kind. Thats the way I think people should like their lives. Even in death, it is better to look at the good and the bad, and with this guy there is not a whole lot of bad to look at.

Rest in peace dude

And with that...for me it is time to move on.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:01 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Michael. wrote:
Argos wrote:
Michael. wrote:
Why is that that people who are intelligent are always so emotionally and socially stupid and immature?

Merely because they're not dim-witted.

Just because we haven't met someone in our lives does not mean that there isnt a connection felt and a relationship built through the medias vastly penetrative means of transmission.

I despise these feelings because I think they are nothing but constructed by a certain habit which postulates that people should mourn when someone dies, no matter if they even knew this person. This connection between you and Ledger may exist only because you unknowingly followed certain rules, an unquestioned catalogue provided by religion and society: at its heart nothing but a unconscious behavior, that also can be misled. Do you remember 'Candle in the Wind'?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

man shut up bitch you just a reminder that not everybody on the internet knows whats good or whats up you and your funky assed views on shit can go somewhere else ight???????

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Excel wrote:
man shut up bitch you just a reminder that not everybody on the internet knows whats good or whats up you and your funky assed views on shit can go somewhere else ight???????

The 'good' only depends on your point of view.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Argos wrote:
El Pollo Loco wrote:
I'm a movie lover just like most here at KJ and Ledger is an actor that was part of my love for cinema and it's tragic that such a talent is not in this world anymore.

Part of the cinema... so, you're in deep mourning when a good camera is damaged?

Did you just compare a human being to a camera?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:40 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

I had a feeling the thread would turn into this.

It no longer serves any real purpose at this point. I think, in part out of respect, it should be closed. People can discuss whatever issues they have privately.

Best Actress 2008

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

the more this thread is left open the more its turning into a jerry springer episode.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:07 pm
Commander and Chef

yea well, argos and guybrush have been warned, not just for derailing but also for the creation of a thread recently they weren't sincere in the slightest. if it continues, expect bannings soon

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

So, I've been warned for "derailing" in a thread that I haven't even posted in (this very posting now aside) and for creating a thread that another person created. Chapeau.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 pm
Extraordinary

Excel wrote:

Is that supposed to be moving? :funny:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Box wrote:
Excel wrote:

Is that supposed to be moving? :funny:

Yes, you cruel, insensitive bastard! BAN HIM!

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 pm
Extraordinary

Simply put, If you don't have gentle or remorseful or memorial type commentss to leave in this particular thread then just move on and go to the next thread where your views may actually be needed.

I think in the beginning we had shock, expressions of sadness with the comments then we had discussions about the TDK and how that would be affected which bothered some which turned into comments about why people are even sharing supposed feelings over someone they didn't even know. Point is, if we knew him or not is irrelevent. The thread at this point is and should be more of a memorial type thread with news updates as needed.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 pm
problem?

Did anyone else read the article on Yahoo.com that said the chick that first found Heath called Mary-Kate Olsen twice before she called 911? wtf.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:46 pm
Forum General

Korrgan wrote:
Did anyone else read the article on Yahoo.com that said the chick that first found Heath called Mary-Kate Olsen twice before she called 911? wtf.

What I read is that there were two people who found him, one called 911, the other called Olsen's bodyguard, who is an EMT.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Korrgan wrote:

What I found even creepier is that his housekeeper came before that (at around 1pm), and noticed he was passed out on the bed - but because he was apparently snoring she thought nothing of it and left. It is estimated that he died between 1pm and 2:45pm yesterday. :|

Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Korrgan wrote:

You're being grossly unfair to me. I was as shocked as anyone else by his death, and am very saddened for him and his family. But stuff like what excel posted confirms that the reaction has become farcical. People are relishing wallowing in their own sadness; it's almost pleasurable.

You have people being upset that Michelle Williams' photos are being taken, and yet they're looking at those photos, EAGERLY. And you're riveted by this connection with the Olsen twins. This whole incident has become yet another celebrity freakshow.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Last edited by Box on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
The Original

Korrgan wrote:

I did read it on CNN. Well to be fair. Maybe she just thought he is drunk or so and didnt look closer and wanted to know if she can leave.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm
problem?

Box wrote:
Korrgan wrote:

You're being grossly unfair to me. I was as shocked as anyone else by his death, and am very saddened for him and his family. But stuff like what excel posted confirms that the reaction has become farcical. People are relishing wallowing in their own sadness; it's almost pleasurable.

You have people being upset that Michelle Williams' photos are being taken, and yet they're looking at those photos, EAGERLY. And you're riveted by this connection with the Olsen twins. This whole incident has become yet another celebrity freakshow.

BAAAAANNN HIM!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:55 pm
Extraordinary

I'm not mocking people! I want to point out that this is farcical.

And I did apologize and do mean it, although I don't really care about Makeshift and Gullimont anymore, so whether they accept the apology or not is irrelevant at this point. For the most part, I was being an ass yesterday.

BUT, my point is that there is something irrational in all this which seems to go by unnoticed.

MadGez wrote:

Last edited by Box on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Eh, I don't think Box is causing any "problems" right now.

I don't find the Batman Image above to be "moving" either (not saying I dont, but I dont...) I mean, it's rather just there?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Corpse wrote:
Eh, I don't think Box is causing any "problems" right now.

I don't find the Batman Image above to be "moving" either (not saying I dont, but I dont...) I mean, it's rather just there?

There's a difference Corpse between thinking something isn't moving (for the record, I didn't either) and posting

Quote:
People are relishing wallowing in their own sadness; it's almost pleasurable.

But to each their own I guess. I bowed out the thread last night around this time and found 5 pages of insanity.

I hope it calms down a bit.

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about his post quoting what Excel posted.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Loyal, this is a forum. Why shouldn't someone point out how ridiculous that picture is? There's nothing moving about it.

MadGez wrote:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

you cant blame the girl for not calling 911 first; the last thing youd think was this 28 year old star was DEAD

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:01 am
Orphan

Yahoo Buzz Index:

1. Heath Ledger - +2500

6. The Dark Knight - +132

7. Michelle Williams - +130

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next