Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Election Day 2016 
now we know

Post Re: Election Day 2016
A part of me wanted Trump to win just to see what will happen. It was intrigue. I'd say 20% of me wanted that. The remaining 80% of me wanted Trump to win so many Americans would be unhappy. It is basically the perfect result. :D

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
I have no idea why people feel the need to bend over backwards to try and force reason onto things Donny and his band of nitwits have said. He is a bad person who has espoused all his various bigoted and/or simply moronic views ad nauseum; there isn't a good intention underneath the racist, xenophobic, brainless filth to find--stop trying. He was plainly clear on his awful worldview.

We had a perfectly reasonable candidate who did not spew hate all over everything and who would have gladly worked with both sides and, despite all the complete lies said about her, yet people (well, white people and men in general) did these same kind of mental gymnastics you seem to be doing to make themselves believe she would have raped your kids' faces while taxing only whites 300% more because she's the devil or whatever.

I hope everyone who thinks this is funny gets to live through the fallout of the coming nuclear war just long enough to watch everything you love die, before succumbing yourself :mer:

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:28 pm
now we know

Melodramatic Malcolm ... Melocolm. ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Just wishful thinking ;)

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:07 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
The KKK is Christian based. Maybe we should look into them. The Nazi's are also Christian based. I assume you want all hate groups religions to be checked.

What if it's a Muslim who was born here? Are you OK with doing a background check on an American who chose a different religion than you?

The Nazis and KKK are no longer in power. And only the ones coming into the country are being checked. The KKK is US based. The Muslims being born in America are not being checked.

I'm not saying I think it's a good idea. I'm saying that the world won't end because of it.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Today was surreal in NYC. It felt like the entire city was in mourning. People crying in the streets and on subways, mostly empty streets, the gloomy weather. It was impossible to focus at work - I'm not joking when someone told me they were reminded of being there during 9/11.

The protests tonight seem to have re-energized people though.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:56 pm
Profile YIM
now we know

People were crying and in mourning in the deep south when Obama was elected. Someone is always going to dislike it when things don't go their way. #SoreLosers

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Algren wrote:
People were crying and in mourning in the deep south when Obama was elected. Someone is always going to dislike it when things don't go their way. #SoreLosers

People didn't feel like their basic human rights would be taken away from them when Obama was elected, there's the major difference.

I'm very happy about the (peaceful) protests. I would like nothing more than for Donald Trump to surprise us and be inclusive and try to bridge the gap marking the massive divide in this country. Until/unless he can show he has that ability and will be an effective leader, I will feel defiant towards him.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:26 am
Superfreak

Warren - Booker in 2020 will net 400+ electoral votes

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:35 am
now we know

Libs wrote:
Algren wrote:

People didn't feel like their basic human rights would be taken away from them when Obama was elected, there's the major difference.

I'm very happy about the (peaceful) protests. I would like nothing more than for Donald Trump to surprise us and be inclusive and try to bridge the gap marking the massive divide in this country. Until/unless he can show he has that ability and will be an effective leader, I will feel defiant towards him.

How about giving him a chance first?

People change when they are elected.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Algren wrote:
Libs wrote:
Algren wrote:

How about giving him a chance first?

People change when they are elected.

I'll give him a chance. He's the president elect. As Hillary said today, we owe him that now. But until he takes office, I'm going to be upset and I'm not going to hide it.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:41 am
now we know

It was voted for democratically. He won. Maybe your anger should be directed towards the 200 or so million that didn't vote. Hillary obviously didn't do enough to convince people to vote for her. Red supporters were more loyal. It's the country you are in. Deal with it or leave.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:41 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Libs wrote:
I'll give him a chance. He's the president elect. As Hillary said today, we owe him that now. But until he takes office, I'm going to be upset and I'm not going to hide it.

That's fair. :thumbsup:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It sucks for me because with the Park Service, I have to stay neutral, and in a month I am starting a job in D.C. I am not looking forward to the inauguration. I have never been to one and I have to work there for him, ugh. Hopefully, I will be working away from that mess.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
It sucks for me because with the Park Service, I have to stay neutral, and in a month I am starting a job in D.C. I am not looking forward to the inauguration. I have never been to one and I have to work there for him, ugh. Hopefully, I will be working away from that mess.

Happy upcoming move to DC! Let me know if you want any local tips.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:48 am
now we know

Libs wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:

He needs a booty call. Can he depend on you? :P

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:49 am
Profile WWW
---------

I wonder if Hillary's camp regrets not going for Bernie as the VP. Just about anyone else could have generated more excitement than Kaine though, I suppose.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:58 am
Superfreak

MGKC wrote:
I wonder if Hillary's camp regrets not going for Bernie as the VP. Just about anyone else could have generated more excitement than Kaine though, I suppose.

No doubt.

Given what occurred in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan....part of me suspects there was NO saving her. Trump had unique and exclusive appeal to a massive hidden voting demographic.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:12 am
Gamaur's sex slave

Algren wrote:
It was voted for democratically. He won. Maybe your anger should be directed towards the 200 or so million that didn't vote. Hillary obviously didn't do enough to convince people to vote for her. Red supporters were more loyal. It's the country you are in. Deal with it or leave.

The Chicago Cubs winning.

Trump winning.

Algren being the brightest voice of reason in a thread.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:00 am
Cream of the Crop

Algren wrote:
Melodramatic Malcolm ... Melocolm. ;)

I like what you're aiming for in this portmanteau, but the result almost comes off as the opposite of the intended effect. Melocolm would be a pretty great name for a prescription sleep aid.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:19 am
Hold the door!

Until January 20, Obama is our president. Let's not panic till then.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 am
Yeah, maybe Donny will turn out to be nothing like the person he's been for the last 70 years of life which is the person he promised his voters--which is good news? That'd make him a liar, of course (just like that awful, awful Hillary person who wanted to kill everyone's family just to watch it happen), but I guess it's okay if he turns out to be a liar because as long as it isn't Hillary lying then the sun will still rise.

Everyone have fun with your naive "let's all come together now" word vomit--I will never be on the same side as someone who's VP wants my rights abolished and who espouses conversion therapy to make us gays nice, wholesome heteros. I'm all done now, as it is a complete an utter waste of time trying to reason with anyone who voted for That.

Have fun excusing everything Donny says and does while he and his band of insider cronies shit all over everyone who isn't them.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:01 am
Romosexual!

zwackerm wrote:

are you saying something's going to happen to Trump between now and Jan 20th?

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:02 am
now we know

zwackerm wrote:

Haha. Because of the 21st January the wall is going up and the concentration camps for Mexicans and Muslims will be in operation. :thumbsup:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Libs wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:

Thanks, I am considering a couple places in Virginia. And I would always appreciate any tips.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next