Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
Superfreak

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
hopefully itll change over the course of 6 months, but watching tdk now is not gonna be nearly as enjoyable. the entire film, premiere, ect. is gonna be so damn depressing...

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:59 pm
Extraordinary

O wrote:
I don't want to get into this, but Excel kinda has a point. Brad Renfro, another once up and comer, died last week. He got some attention, but obviously Heath Ledger's situation is different because he was cast in perhaps one of the most anticipated films of this year, and following up one of the most iconic film roles of all time.

I'm affected by Ledger's death, though obviously not nearly as much as many people here. But, I'm probably more affected by Renfro's death than most others here. Not because I'm very affected, but because I'm about as affected by his death as by Ledger's. I remember Renfro fondly from a few films, especially Ghost World, which I cherish.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Excel wrote:
No it doesnt, the guy was a joke until 2005 though i always liked the patriot n a knights tale.

No he isn't. Hes the fucking Joker, thats why we all care. If it wasnt it'd be "whoa that sucks, talent lost to soon" but thatd be. Everybody feels like crap because of what it means for the batman franchise. Having a daughter n being young just makes it worse.

To be fair excel, a lot of his consider his Brokeback performance one of the best of this decade, myself included. And obviously 10 Things I Hate About You, most of us grew up with that one.

I can't say I'm affected by Renfro if only because I was too young to remember any of his movies. I didn't recognize the name when I read the thread, I'll admit it.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:02 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Excel wrote:
hopefully itll change over the course of 6 months, but watching tdk now is not gonna be nearly as enjoyable. the entire film, premiere, ect. is gonna be so damn depressing...

This shouldn't be the case at all. Though it pretty much always is when someone we care about dies. It slightly annoys me when people say stuff like this because, to me, it's like an insult to everything he's done, to his memory. It should be looked at in a positive light, not a dark depressing one. So things like this, like seeing The Dark Knight, should be MORE enjoyable, not less.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Surprisingly enough, I didn't have too much of a hard time watching that clip from from 10 Things... I guess that says a lot about the potential ease I should have watching other, lighter roles.

I'm still not sure how I'm gonna take The Dark Knight though. Ugh.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:04 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I view it like... not letting myself(yourself) get down, by making any of his films seem less enjoyable than if he was still alive. I would think he'd want everyone who sees The Dark Knight, or any of his past films, to want to enjoy themselves. To be entertained, moved, etc.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Magnus wrote:
Corpse wrote:
This shouldn't be the case at all. Though it pretty much always is when someone we care about dies. It slightly annoys me when people say stuff like this because, to me, it's like an insult to everything he's done, to his memory. It should be looked at in a positive light, not a dark depressing one. So things like this, like seeing The Dark Knight, should be MORE enjoyable, not less.

I agree, espically if Ledger's performance is amazing. We should enjoy every little bit of film we have of him.

Why not rejoice in his death outright? :shout:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Corpse wrote:
Excel wrote:

Thats always ideal but come on; the dark knight premiere will be, rather than huge hollywood affair...just another heath ledger rememberance night filled with "i wish heath coulda been here" comments that will just kill all the excitement. Watching the movie; anytime you start to enjoy ledgers performance youll be reminded hes dead. Who knows, im sure in july we'll all be over his death and looking forward to the movie but right now i feel pretty fuckin shitty because aside from all the personal shit ive mentioned, i also realize i was really looking forward to loving tdk and it being a huge success and this ultimatrly compromises both.

The situation just sucks for his friends and family obviously but also for the film; why did this have to fuckin happen!

Last edited by Excel on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:08 am
Extraordinary

No offense to anyone but i seriously believe some of you are more than a little pretending. Yes, it's tragic when a life ends, for close relatives and friends, yes, the news makes you pause for a moment and reflect on life and all kinds of serious stuff but i'd be lying if i'd say his death really upsets me or he's already dearly missed . I fucking didn't know the man, all he was to me was some actor i saw on TV (or big screen).

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:08 am
Extraordinary

Nazgul9 wrote:
No offense to anyone but i seriously believe some of you are more than a little pretending. Yes, it's tragic when a life ends, for close relatives and friends, yes, the news makes you pause for a moment and reflect on life and all kinds of serious stuff but i'd be lying if i'd say his death really upsets me or he's already dearly missed . I fucking didn't know the man, all he was to me was some actor i saw on TV (or big screen).

I'm sorta disturbed by the extent of the grieving too. I don't think it's pretending though :|

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 am
Profile WWW
Da Bears

Corpse wrote:
I view it like... not letting myself(yourself) get down, by making any of his films seem less enjoyable than if he was still alive. I would think he'd want everyone who sees The Dark Knight, or any of his past films, to want to enjoy themselves. To be entertained, moved, etc.
It will be nice to see his final project I guess.

I love your new signature by the way. Such a great line in that movie. You made me smile with that. :)

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:12 am
Profile YIM
Indiana Jones IV

Box wrote:
Nazgul9 wrote:

I'm sorta disturbed by the extent of the grieving too. I don't think it's pretending though :|

its just so unexpected from a good guy. if it were britney spears or paris hilton, nobody would care.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Box wrote:
Magnus wrote:
Corpse wrote:

I agree, espically if Ledger's performance is amazing. We should enjoy every little bit of film we have of him.

Why not rejoice in his death outright? :shout:

:glare: What Magnus said.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Ghostooze wrote:
Box wrote:
Nazgul9 wrote:

its just so unexpected from a good guy. if it were britney spears or paris hilton, nobody would care.

Em, people WOULD care.

I would rejoice if Hilton died. No loss, whatsoever.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Nazgul9 wrote:

People need to stop projecting their emotions onto others. Just because YOU weren't affected doesn't mean we weren't. We have already provided a myriad of reasons for the emotions we are feeling. If you still think there is "pretending" going on after reading this entire thread, you're just being cynical.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:19 am
Cream of the Crop

Looks like the role of a lifetime might have contributed to his downfall:

Quote:
He tends to do that. He is here in London filming the latest episode of the “Batman” franchise, “The Dark Knight.” (Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role — his Joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy” he said cheerfully — and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/movie ... ref=slogin

:( :( :( :(

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:20 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

It's such a big impact on us because he was IT right now. He is popular, in the spotlight, in THIS moment. We all perceived him as a superstar that will only get bigger... and then something like this happens and your world is spun.

It's a shocking moment. And for some, a heart breaking one.

I'm an EXTREMELY emotional person, and can't really even mention his name now without getting choked up.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:22 am
Commander and Chef

makeshift wrote:
Nazgul9 wrote:

People need to stop projecting their emotions onto others. Just because YOU weren't affected doesn't mean we weren't. We have already provided a myriad of reasons for the emotions we are feeling. If you still think there is "pretending" going on after reading this entire thread, you're just being cynical.

like i said before. these things never have an effect on me. even steve irwin i felt horrid but it didn't effect me much on a personal level. this just hits me. and i think i can quantify it as just feeling like i'm so close to his age and how it just made me feel that god knows what life in store for me tomorrow or those around me who i may think are doing fine but may actually not

Profile WWW
Another You

The Last Photographs of Heath Ledger - taken Last Saturday, London on the set of his upcoming fiLm The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus scheduLed for a 2009 reLease.

:( :tears:

Award Winning Bastard

Nazgul9 wrote:

Nazgul, everybody deals with death differently, and it really doesn't matter if you know them personally. Are you going to tell everybody that if the news came out that Peter Jackson died, you wouldn't care because you didn't know him?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:23 am
Vagina Qwertyuiop

While I'm sad that Ledger's dead, I must admit, this thread gone a little weird.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:23 am
Orphan

At least if Britney Spears died, the AP would have an obit ready to go as it was reported they prepared one for her and Lohan in advance.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:24 am
Orphan

bABA wrote:
makeshift wrote:
Nazgul9 wrote:

like i said before. these things never have an effect on me. even steve irwin i felt horrid but it didn't effect me much on a personal level. this just hits me. and i think i can quantify it as just feeling like i'm so close to his age and how it just made me feel that god knows what life in store for me tomorrow or those around me who i may think are doing fine but may actually not

You don't really

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:25 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

bABA wrote:

It is awfully weird when you start hearing people dying at your age. What's even stranger is when they start dying of natural causes. Every once in a while I see or hear of somebody die who is in their mid 30's, and I'm like "Holy, shit! That's so not cool..." I can't imagine what this will be like when I'm 90 and everybody around me is dropping like flies.

As for Heath Ledger... definitely a shocker. He's never been in a movie I really liked that much, but I always thought he was a decent actor... things like Brother's Grimm, the Patriot, and Knights Tale just didn't hit me, but it wasn't because of him. And, I didn't like Batman Begins, so I wasn't paying a lot of attention to TDK.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:27 am
The French Dutch Boy

The amount of people putting words into OTHER people's mouths in this thread, including my own, is staggering. Feel the way you want, but don't tell me how I feel or how I should be feeling, or most ludicrous of all, that I am "pretending".

Peace,
Mike

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next