Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Your Preferred News Source 

Go to News Source?
CNN 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Fox News 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
MSNBC 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
ABC News 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
BBC 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Breitbart 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Newsmax 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Info War 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
AP News 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Local News 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Social Media 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Newspaper or Newspaper Website (NYT, NY Post, WSJ, etc) 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
My Neighbor/Co-Worker/Friend Circle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20

Your Preferred News Source 

Post Your Preferred News Source
Which source of news do you rely on?

Last edited by Darth Indiana Bond on Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:31 am
Hold the door!

Post Re: Your Preferred News Source
i usually look at several sources, and see what is the same between them. I'm generally very skeptical of most headlines and I will often google "did ______ really happen?" or "did ______ really do that?" and I'll look at fact checking articles.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:35 am
Devil's Advocate

For me when it comes to "primary information" most of the time it doesn't really matter that much. All they're doing is telling you what happened or showing you a video. Like it doesn't matter who says "FBI raids Mar a Lago" since it's somewhat a black and white thing that it's true. Even the normal fake news type places can't make that up.

In terms of "analysis" of news or filtering through the possibly fake ones like Trump was hiding nuclear codes or any of the murky information on Russia-Ukraine, I trust regular people on twitter (widdled down over the years to a smaller list of trustworthy ones) that I follow more than any official journalist or media station. I would rather trust a nobody who I feel has integrity than a somebody who's been guilty of propagandizing in the past.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:43 am
now we know

When you get to a certain age you acquire wisdom so it doesn't matter where you get your news from. My main source is the BBC. I have always found it factual in its reporting of events and its analysis, when it happens, is balanced. Is it left-leaning in its programming and initiatives? Yes, but I know this, so I acknowledge this and move on. But it's still the best for reporting what's going on in the world. As for American media, I do not have much exposure to it, but when there's really important live reporting, say, the first few weeks of the Ukraine invasion, then I would check CNN to get the complete picture from the U.S. side. Again, like the BBC, I see nothing wrong with CNN's reporting of events and stories.

I also get a ton of news from Google search. I keyword a topic and check the latest news articles for it, and I find a lot of interesting stuff from many credible sources that, say, the BBC hasn't picked up. I also get a lot of news from Facebook. They know me by now, and they push a lot of stuff my way, but most of the time you can identify the bullshit solely from which page is sharing the news.

But to answer the question; the BBC.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:52 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Typically twitter or the local news. Occasionally the BBC. Actual journalists, who do reporting. Not opinion folks. And very rarely twitter talking heads.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:16 pm

Added a poll

Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:26 pm
Forum General

Local news for sure. Occasionally I'll go to the cafeteria at work on break. If Fox News is on, I'll leave. It's the worst.

To be fair, I don't really like CNN either. I prefer unopinionated, non-partisan news reporting.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I happened upon a Fox News segment the other day called Gutfeld!, and every other line was an insult towards Democrat politicians. I've only ever seen clips of Tucker Carlson before, and I didn't get why people hated Fox News so much, because I thought he was fine - confrontational, sure, but not absurd or wrong (at least in the clips I'd seen). But this Gutfeld guy, damn, he was such an obnoxious prick.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I like aggregates like Google News, but you have to wipe the data every now and then so the algorhythm isn't just telling me things I like to hear.

Reddit is also useful, but it's a multistep process. The initial headline and article will be very click baity like "Republicans are trying to take away your water" , but then the first or second highest rated comment will usually clear things up in a mostly unbias manner. In the r/news section anyways. In r/conservative (and probably whatever the liberal equivalent is) you will be immediately banned for posting a dissenting opinion.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:14 pm

I always peak into Fox News now and then, and there is nothing at all about Trump or Russia right now despite those being the top stories everywhere else. Instead this morning’s top story is the woke Air Force.

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:13 pm

Can anyone tell me why Fox News has zero coverage on the war in Russia? I mean I even went to their World News subpage and they have an article about the American Football game in London but nothing on Ukraine. Like why?

Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:13 pm
Devil's Advocate

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Can anyone tell me why Fox News has zero coverage on the war in Russia? I mean I even went to their World News subpage and they have an article about the American Football game in London but nothing on Ukraine. Like why?

I don't visit Fox News, but looking at it I'm seeing an article about Macron comment on Biden's armageddon claims, some of the other stuff like rail explosion isn't too far down the page if you look closer

Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:44 pm

I found the Macron stuff, but not the bridge stuff, even if it is there, why bury it so deep?

Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:19 am
now we know

They bury it so deep (or don't post about it at all) because Biden's foreign policy is good, and effective, and so they cannot arm the story and use it to hurt their enemy, the Democrats. That's just Fox News for ya'.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:26 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Some of that is probably true (although they do employ Tucker Carlson who doesn't have a shortage of ways to attack Biden on Ukraine), but the standard Republican position is probably pro-Ukraine but a softer version than the Democrats, so I can see why Fox News readers may not be as invested in news about it as the domestic issues. The bridge bomb is a story but since they are already shipping over it again I don't think it's an earth shattering one.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:51 am
Homo Dperious

Biden’s foreign policy isn’t good or effective. Everything they do is completely incompetent. If he or they continue to fail to comply with logic they will no longer be allowed to defy orders when given directly and explicitly. The facade that your government may operate without my/our permission will be ended.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:33 am
Profile ICQ

Algren wrote:
They bury it so deep (or don't post about it at all) because Biden's foreign policy is good, and effective, and so they cannot arm the story and use it to hurt their enemy, the Democrats. That's just Fox News for ya'.

I agree, Biden post the Afghan debacle has been strong on foreign policy and it is obvious the Allies and their intelligences are aiding the people of Ukraine and leading them to a colossal upset against the Russians.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:50 pm
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:

I agree, Biden post the Afghan debacle has been strong on foreign policy and it is obvious the Allies and their intelligences are aiding the people of Ukraine and leading them to a colossal upset against the Russians.

You are an idiot.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:19 pm
Profile ICQ

DP07 wrote:
Algren wrote:

You are an idiot.

Curious, where are you from?

Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:26 pm
Homo Dperious

You have no right or ability to say this shit. You learn your lesson now. You immediately and forever never again say something like that or I really will “rip Americans heart out” and end everything you value. That will be the end because there is nothing whatsoever good about any of it. You are worse than all your enemies and have no right or ability to deny it. You surrender now to the “Goddess of Logic” or you are finished forever and have no future whatsoever.

Last edited by DP07 on Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

DP07 wrote:
Algren wrote:

You are an idiot.

Curious, where are you from?

Not relevant to you.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

Well it's just odds that at least one member in WOKJ history would eventually end up going crazy

Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:04 pm
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
Well it's just odds that at least one member in WOKJ history would eventually end up going crazy

Not interested. Don’t waste my time. What you think is irrelevant. You lack the rational judgment to recognize what is or is not “crazy”. All of you guys lack the ability to think rationally whatsoever as I definite and understand it. I don’t need to explain. Let me be clear: no response of yours will ever possibly be acceptable, legitimate, or will not fail besides compliance with logic. You trust the truth, or you get the response you deserve. Accept my patience, or lose everything you want.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:23 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

You may have “freedom of speech”. But you can’t expect respect or tolerance for false ideas or the enemy of truth.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:27 pm
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

DP07 wrote:
Shack wrote:

Not interested. Don’t waste my time. What you think is irrelevant. You lack the rational judgment to recognize what is or is not “crazy”. All of you guys lack the ability to think rationally whatsoever as I definite and understand it. I don’t need to explain. Let me be clear: no response of yours will ever possibly be acceptable, legitimate, or will not fail besides compliance with logic. You trust the truth, or you get the response you deserve. Accept my patience, or lose everything you want.

I don't think we have the same definition of logic

Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next