Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Elon Musk 

Elon Musk
Yay 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Nay 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9

Elon Musk 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Elon Musk
Mister Ecks wrote:
Elon Musk is only interesting because he seems to do whatever pleases him at the moment. But his motivations are nothing but selfish.

This still stands. Except it's not interesting anymore. I don't get why people still dickride him. He's playing to people that give him attention. When that dries up, he'll move on to something else to get attention.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

IT IS DONE

But I assume he stays on Truth Social?

Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:58 am
Devil's Advocate

:lol:

Meanwhile the unbannings are starting to really come in now

Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:50 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Once again proving the right can't meme, holy shit that's cringe

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:49 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Also, if you can't see the similarities to this and when IMDB bought BOM...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:49 am
New Server, Same X

Chippy wrote:
Once again proving the right can't meme, holy shit that's cringe

Elon Musk can't meme? The same Elon who carried a brand new sink into an office building and said "Let that sink in!"?? Surely you jest.

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:10 pm
Hold the door!

Both sides have good memers and bad memers. Thinking one side can't meme is a symptom of agreeing with one side over another

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:36 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Except that the right, literally, cannot meme.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:44 pm
Superfreak

I can see why he may make some Dems uncomfortable, but I don't mind Musk at all. Too many Dems were oblivious to how their actions were affecting other people negatively.

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:50 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah man, too many Dems were concerned with the right wing dehumanizing LGBTQ people, how dare they.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:56 pm
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
Yeah man, too many Dems were concerned with the right wing dehumanizing LGBTQ people, how dare they.

:funny:

You exemplify and reinforce this positions point every time you do this. Some repubs def. practice all types of discrimination, and it's pretty much always wrong. But that doesn't excuse some Dems behavior bud. Too many Dems are causing themselves problems with their endless prejudgement and constant identity-based politics. It just is what it is. And regardless of intent, to moderates, it comes off as Democrat's basically discriminating against white men, sometimes very openly.

Too many Dems throw around statements like "So & so is the first black/latino/etc women/trans person in this role" and then act as if because the person checks those boxes, 1) they're immune from criticism, and 2) anyone who points out a flaw in their performance or behavior is just discriminating against them. Here are the Dems fighting the idea of putting people in boxes based on status-oriented prejudice but then turn around and...put people people into boxes again, just different boxes. To be blunt, way, way too many Woke Democrats are, by classic definition, openly racist against white people and openly sexist against men. Any time I see the statement "white men", it always negative. It would never be ok for someone to speak of "black women" in the same sense, and it isn't ok to do with "white men" either.

Avg. person: "Meghan Markle seems a bit hypocritical to me. She may well be a nice person, but causing making grand statements on social media, moving to LA of all places, and doing an Oprah interview all in the name pf receiving 'less attention' doesn't make sense to me. She stood in the middle of hideously poor, starving Africa as literal royalty and her main point was complaining that people are not asking how she is doing. She is basically trying to pick and choose when to be a royal and when to not be a royal, which isn't how it works for anyone else. It's all off-putting.
Woke Democrat: You are clearly just a racist, sexist pig. Keep your enjoying white privilege.
Avg. person: No, and by not addressing my points at all and rather putting me in a box, you are demonstrating prejudgement and prejudice against myself.

Avg. person: it is great that Kamala Harris was clearly such a great VP candidate. She raised a ton of money, aced her major speeches, and gave off the perfect demeanor in her debate against Mike Pence. Also a reminder, Pence destroyed Tim Kaine in 2016 debate. Kamala was a huge improvement as a VP candidate. That said, her actual resume is clearly pretty lite.
Woke Dem: She is the first female, black, asian VP ever. I know you just wanted Michael Bloomberg, but Kamala is more than capable.
Avg. person: I see no connection between "qualified to do the job" and being the "first female, black, asian VP". Those are all nice things, for certain, but again - if you were comparing 2 doctors to perform your heart transplant, I don't think your weighing those type of criteria very much, and we shouldn't be doing that here.
Woke Dem: enough of your racism and sexism.

Avg. person: the border situation is definitely concerning. We have no idea what type of person is coming into the country, what they're doing once here, and how many of them there are. It needed to be addressed.
Woke Dem: Stop being anti-immigration! Unless your Native American, your ancestors were immigrants here once too!
Avg. person:...I know. I don't see how noting we should have secure borders is anti-immigration. I can see how being "anti-border security" is actually anti-public safety, though...
Woke Dem: I can't deal with your racism.

There are too many examples to name, and it's insanity. I lean Dem especially socially, usually support every Dem on the ballot, etc. But a big chunk of the Democratic Party needs to stop demonstrating - what is clearly - favoritism to pretty much anyone who a democrat non-white man.

Musk is generally on-point and teaching some woke dems a much needed lesson. They cannot just, basically, hate on "white men" when they don't share the habit outright favoring people who are non-white men. Chippy's response of "too many Dems were concerned with the right wing dehumanizing LGBTQ people, how dare they" just demonstrates how oblivious some of them are to this. Now you are dehumanizing straight white men :funny: This where the market for Trump-like candidates came from to begin with.

Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:38 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think people like Rogan and Musk that have a few issues they agree with on each side having a significant presence is overall a healthy thing, regardless of whether I fully agree with them.

Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:37 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

My god what an idiotic post

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:18 am
Superfreak

Specify what is so idiotic about it, please do so. Attacking the person over the point is always a sign of a pathetic argument.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:58 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

I didn't call you stupid, I called your post stupid.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:37 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Would you like an actual response?

You provided three completely idiotic examples. Those aren't real. Those never happened. Those will never happen. Because when the right "criticizes" "woke" candidates/politicians, it's almost ENTIRELY based on their race/sex/sexuality. The left doesn't get mad when people criticize candidates on their policies. But the right has this obsession with thinking anyone other than white men couldn't possibly be qualified, and they've been chosen for "woke" reasons.

When the "right" are banned from Twitter, it's not because they're on the right. It's because Twitter has rules, and they've broken the rules. Inciting hate speech, deadnaming people, threatening people, etc will get you banned. Know why? Because advertisers aren't going to pay you and also be associated with that shit.

Also, when people say "white men" don't "all men" it. If it's not referring to you, then ignore it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:54 am
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
Would you like an actual response?

You provided three completely idiotic examples. Those aren't real. Those never happened. Those will never happen. Because when the right "criticizes" "woke" candidates/politicians, it's almost ENTIRELY based on their race/sex/sexuality.

Those 100% happen and happen all the time. Your average suburban moderate voter, turning on the news when Kamala was announced and hearing "she has such a great story as our first female black asian candidate :wub2: ", will react with basically "all that is nice but was she really the most qualified?". 90% of the people who asked that question outlaid were met with a "you just don't support people who aren't white men" sort of response which was nonsensical and an enormous turn off. Exact same thing plays out regularly for the other 2 examples. There are so, so many more examples beyond this too.

Thank god the Dems nominated Biden who sees this this crap and largely very good about differentiating when needed.

Quote:
The left doesn't get mad when people criticize candidates on their policies. But the right has this obsession with thinking anyone other than white men couldn't possibly be qualified, and they've been chosen for "woke" reasons.

Can't speak for "the right", but will speak for moderate swing voters who, basically, get attacked any time they note an imperfection in a non-white male person. Your response is yet again reinforcing this notion of assuming anyone noting an imperfection with them is doing so because they're not a white man.

Quote:
When the "right" are banned from Twitter, it's not because they're on the right. It's because Twitter has rules, and they've broken the rules. Inciting hate speech, deadnaming people, threatening people, etc will get you banned. Know why? Because advertisers aren't going to pay you and also be associated with that shit.

Also, when people say "white men" don't "all men" it. If it's not referring to you, then ignore it.

The whataboutism is with the right being banned from Twitter is ridiculous. All of that stuff should go you banned, sure, but do you have any idea how many liberal post clearly discriminatory things against white people, against men, against older people, etc? All of those comments go largely ignored by the woke crowd even though they're clearly wrong from a moral basis. It's lunacy.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... -november/
"Some Democrats are bothered that the nominee is an older white man"

https://medium.com/illumination-curated ... a5e1931983
"So here we are in 2020, with two old white straight men vying to be president of the United States, in other words, the most powerful man in the world. It’s really sad when you think about it"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... inton.html
"For me, this profound gratitude is accompanied by a faint twinge of sadness. Yes, Biden’s win is without question the optimal result: Getting Donald Trump out of the White House was essential, and we will still be calculating the damages of his presidency for some time. With or without a Democratic Senate majority, Biden will be a fine president. But this election week has resurfaced all my memories of the last presidential election, which offered the possibility of the country’s first female president. Sure, Kamala Harris was on the winning ticket this year, and her vice presidency will be historic. And yet, there is still a bitter aftertaste to the knowledge that, several months after the most diverse presidential primary the U.S. has ever seen, the final result is that another white man will be president."

https://www.dailydemocrat.com/2020/03/1 ... hite-male/
"In the wake of Super Tuesday elections in California and elsewhere across the United States, Democrats are facing a presidential primary that feels disappointingly familiar. What just a few months ago was the most diverse field of presidential candidates in history has suddenly narrowed to a 77-year-old white man and a 78-year-old white man."

Look at these people expressing open disappointment at someones achievement because of their age, gender, and skin color. Still waiting for the woke mob to go after these people for statements that are racist, sexist, and ageist all at once. and driving many people away from Demoratic party. If one is anti-discrimination, tell these woke democrats to shut the fuck up with the "old white men" talk. Tell them to stop making assumptions about them because of their age, gender, and skin color. Tell them to stop acting as if their opinions are less valuable than anyone else's because of their age, gender, and skin color.

Outside of the fact that - obviously - Joe Biden had a helluva lot more accomplishments on his resume than a Kamala Harris or even Liz Warren type of candidate. There is obviously an enormous difference in their qualifications. But yet, lets be upset that Joe Biden won because he is an old white guy.

That these people do not seem to consider their own statements to be racist or sexist speaks to the dehumanization of white men by the woke crowd. The old white men are clearly not worthy of the respect shown to others. That these people are oblivious to the impact this is having on suburban voters is basically....stupidity, no other word for it.

Musk is doing Dems and co. a favor by pointing this out.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:

Some bannings I remember

- Babylon bee banned for satire article calling Rachel Levine man of the year
- Jordan Peterson banned for deadnaming
- Prolific anti-woke poster James Lindsay banned for calling people groomers.
- Account I followed banned for off color comment using the word "Shaniqua" when describing welfare users
- Another one of my favorite accounts banned for calling a left wing journalist white trash (???)
- Popular right wing member permanently banned for "copyright infringement" after Trump RT'd one of his memes with CNN in it
- Various form of conspiracy theorists: Qtards are all gone, "spreading covid misinformation" (even stuff that later got admitted as possible like lab leak theory), calling election stolen, etc.

Yes you can come up with a reason for banning these people, but it seemed like people on the left had longer leash. I haven't heard anything about a prominent left wing account getting unbanned because none of them were and it's not because they're been perfectly behaved or controlled their emotions at all points the last 6 years.

Part of the activist left clearly sees "bad speech" like it needs to be quarantined like covid. The problem is that "bad speech" is subjective and relies on people having this Orwellian power to tell you what's true or not, and this is a power that can easily be abused. Some people are going to have the POV that lies that serve the greater good in their eyes are better than uncomfortable truths that revealing would have negative impact on the world. As soon as these people get in charge of the Ministry of Truth, their choices of which speech to ban isn't going to be dictated by what's true or not, it's going to be dictated by what's most useful to reaching their social utopia goals.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:27 pm

I don’t have a problem with course correcting some of the cancel culture mentality, but Musk goes too far by trying to bring vengeance into his business practices. It has really turned me off from him as of late.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:41 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Just absolute delusion lmao. My god. Ok I'm out again, y'all enjoy your shit site.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:22 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:
Just absolute delusion lmao. My god. Ok I'm out again, y'all enjoy your shit site.

Are you dropping out of the box office draft?

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:32 pm
Superfreak

Obviously we all like chippy but if he’s truly leaving the site over this type of Convo, that’s pretty sad.

IDK about longer leashes with banning as Shack mentioned, but the other stuff is largely fair takes.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:42 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy doesn't have Libs and Groucho backing him up anymore as other far leftists on the site

Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:57 pm
Superfreak

Is Chippy far left?

This should be a time of great optimism for dems. Not just that they did so well during midterms, but their overall platform remains really popular. socially and economically. They just need mainstream candidates who stay on message. 2023 will hopefully have friendlier conditions to Biden which would put them in a very very strong position for 2024.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:54 am
Devil's Advocate

There is room for far leftist on the forum however some don’t tend to believe in valid political opposition enough to have a real argument with them instead of just calling them names or in Chippy's case saying it’s all in their head.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next