Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
 Cancellation/race/trans/etc. thread 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Your predictions for The Little Mermaid?
Good. Taunt the racists.

(funny how apparently Halle can't be the "right person for the job", she MUST have been hired because she's black! no WAY did she actually win the role!)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Your predictions for The Little Mermaid?
Chippy wrote:
Holy shit y'all are racist as fuck, lmao. They won't feature THE LITTLE MERMAID heavily in the next trailer for... The Little Mermaid? Are you high? Stupid?

Try to respond to their points without attacking the poster in the future

Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Cancellation/minority casting/etc. thread
I feel like there's bigger things to worry about than Little Mermaid being black, however I find the inconsistency interesting. If Disney made Mace Windu or Blade white it would be condemned right?

Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:12 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: Cancellation/race/trans/etc. thread
People in support of race swapping will say its not okay to switch black characters because usually the culture of the black character has something to do with the story unlike white characters whose race usually has little to do with the story.

I posited that by this logic, if Disney did a remake of Atlantis, it should be okay to make the Atlanteans white since Atlantis is a fictional place and their dark skin has nothing to do with the plot of Atlantis

Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:40 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Cancellation/minority casting/etc. thread
Shack wrote:
I feel like there's bigger things to worry about than Little Mermaid being black, however I find the inconsistency interesting. If Disney made Mace Windu or Blade white it would be condemned right?

I personally wouldn't have an issue with a "race swapped" Mace, because as far as I know that character doesn't have a specific backstory that has to due with his race. (I haven't read all the SW comics, watched the cartoons, etc, so if he DOES, then obviously there would be an issue)

Yes, it would be an issue if they swapped Blade, as that character has specific black characteristics/backstory things.

Also, it's not inconsistency. Hollywood has always always always been whitewashed. They STILL do it! And there was never really hardly ANY outcry until like what, 10-15 years ago? That's a long ass history that is perfectly allowed to be corrected the other way.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:18 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
People in support of race swapping will say its not okay to switch black characters because usually the culture of the black character has something to do with the story unlike white characters whose race usually has little to do with the story.

I posited that by this logic, if Disney did a remake of Atlantis, it should be okay to make the Atlanteans white since Atlantis is a fictional place and their dark skin has nothing to do with the plot of Atlantis

Almost everyone in Atlantis in Aquaman was white. Y'all really think of imaginary scenarios to get mad at lmao.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think Kanye is truly cancelled now

Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:37 pm
The Kramer

Parler, the social media platform for Free Speech. Unless you say something that upsets the user base. Which makes it totally different than those woke platforms run by the jews ... I mean coastal elites.

Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

Parler's interface is garbage so it can't get worse under Ye

Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:07 pm
Homo Dperious

Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Almost everyone in Atlantis in Aquaman was white. Y'all really think of imaginary scenarios to get mad at lmao.

Imaginary? Wasn’t he right when he told Amber Heard she could have just peed in it?

Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:04 am
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

The seeds were there!

Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:43 pm
The Kramer

I think Kanye wanted to be cancelled, just to act like a victim and get more attention on himself. What he didn't expect is that it would cost him hundreds of millions of dollars. Every company is using this story as a way to get free press and good will for themselves. Peleton will not be using his music in their classes anymore. Who fucking cares? Well, Peleton does, because it gets their name out there in the headlines.

Kanye is actually putting himself in a position where politics will be his only way forward. The kind of people who will support his behavior are not the kind of people who will support his music.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:32 pm
Devil's Advocate

I never thought there was substance to anything Yeobbels was saying even before this, even as someone who normally eats up the redpill soundbites. I think he is just mentally ill.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:38 pm
Top Poster

Kanye being cancelled only now just for revealing the conglomerate owners are Jewish while not being cancelled for all his past transgressions shows just how strong is white Jew supremacy.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Kanye needs help

Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:36 pm
The Kramer

He needs help. He knows he needs help. He has the time and money to get the help he needs. Yet he chooses to self-destruct instead. It's hard to feel sorry for him at this point.

It reminds me of the one early South Park episode (long before the gayfish one) where Mr. Garrison is running around in his underwear yelling at both Mr. Twig and Mr. Hat. The neighbors come up and say "that's it Garrison, we've had enough." And then they send him to jail. Mr. Garrison would later go on to become president of the united states.

Everyone's just had enough of Kanye. We can still love his old albums, but he has X-pac heat and needs to go away. His redemption story will be epic, but he needs to be the one who starts it.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:52 pm
Superfreak

There is no redemption coming for him. He's done. He is not trustworthy. Too hot and cold, the cold moments being beyond unacceptable. West needs to go away before he completely loses everything.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:58 pm
Devil's Advocate

Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:38 pm

Now Kyrie Irving

Seems like there is an undercurrent in the Black community that is starting to appeal to the Qanon side of things. Funny enough? The only Qanon person I know in real life is himself Black

Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

Black people who are racist towards white people may be attracted to anti semitism because white jews can be like the final boss of white people.

Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:27 am

There is this weird antisemitism growing in the black community. Jewish people are in that weird state where they are both white and a minority

Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:55 pm
Top Poster

Commissioner Adam Silver being Jewish, of course they are pressuring Nets to enforce ridiculous measures for Irving to be unsuspended.. Unfortunately even the most successful African Americans continue to be like slaves to their white Jewish masters,

Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I don't have a problem with employers like Adidas and the Nets responding to Kanye/Kyrie like this. I would have a bigger issue if they are banned from social media, and it'd be counterproductive to try to stamp out this type of speech since it just throws gas on the fire and makes people believe they have a point. However surprisingly Kanye wasn't permanently banned by the pre Musk twitter owners and is now tweeting again.

Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:58 pm
Devil's Advocate

Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:23 pm
Devil's Advocate

Up until today I thought he could still make a comeback eventually but there's no undoing this seppuku

Lmao:

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next