Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
None of the alternatives presented (Scalise, Jordan, Stefanik) actually want to be speaker of the house.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:36 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Instead of chipping away at the 19 "rebels", instead McCarthy added to it in the third round. Up to 20. And just now, in the fourth ballot, McCarthy just lost another vote with one of his supporters going present. He's moving in the opposite direction.

This lowers the number needed to 217 from 218, which makes it slightly closer for Jefferies to get in there assuming he maintains his 212 votes on each future ballot. Now, that's obviously a dream scenario, and the GOP will keep the number needed above 212 to avoid it, but what an awful look for them.

This couldn't be more different than 2019 when Pelosi had the same narrow majority and her own group of "rebel" members that could have done this very thing to her, yet, she and they came to terms. And it does speak volumes in leadership capabilities, which McCarthy has proven to lack in embarrassing fashion.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/ ... ugkyctr7Jg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:15 pm
Homo Dperious

Libs wrote:
DP07 wrote:
Libs wrote:
Other than Florida, this was actually a surprisingly good showing for Dems. I'm pleasantly surprised and relieved.

:funny: No comment.

I am confused about why my post is funny? It was a historically strong showing for the party in the White House during a midterm election.

Then again, your posts are almost impossible to comprehend, so...lol.

:funny: I’ll agree that’s funny, but obviously for opposite reasons.

At least you said almost. Maybe it will be something like “extremely difficult” by 2024, assuming I’m still returning to the forum because I’m periodically reminded of something that annoyed me here. Or maybe it will be “absolutely impossible”. :funny: Whatever, if you don’t care enough to learn about something or someone, you almost certainly won’t care enough to understand, so…that’s life.

Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:34 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

It was a historically good midterm for a president with an underwater approval rating, however you only have to go back to 2002 for a president party that actually gained seats in the midterm so its not quite "historic" imo.

Well, without getting into the weeds, 2002 was a much different time and context. Needless to say!

Maybe just add an asterisk about a midterm after Washington DC was attacked.

I started trying to explain it (the reason being money/the economy) but then I thought that you probably don’t want to hear it.

Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:06 am
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

Whoops, it looks like Biden held onto classified documents from 17-20

Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:59 am
Sbil

The false equivalencies and whataboutism we're going to get here are going to be aggressively predictable and obnoxious, but this should of course be investigated just like Trump's is.

If I had to take a wild guess, this was a sloppy filing mistake.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:07 pm
Superfreak

Fact is that DT would not have gotten in trouble whatsoever had he simply handled the document return correctly. :funny:

Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:30 am
Devil's Advocate

The Maro a Lago thing just was the latest Wile E Coyote like scheme (Russiagate, Ukrainegate, J6 committee, etc) by the Democrats to try to take down Trump.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:23 am

No way to spin it, this is bad for Biden. Even if the magnitude is not to the level of Trump’s, this gives his supporters and more importantly, folks who are willing to vote for Trump but don’t like him, an excuse to play the what about game. Optics are super important in elections, and Trump is the king of controlling the narrative.

An investigation is very needed.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:25 am
Superfreak

Meh I don't see this as a big deal tbh. I suspect people will move on fairly quick. Moderates generally trust bide, don't trust DT, big factor.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:54 am
Sbil

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
No way to spin it, this is bad for Biden. Even if the magnitude is not to the level of Trump’s, this gives his supporters and more importantly, folks who are willing to vote for Trump but don’t like him, an excuse to play the what about game. Optics are super important in elections, and Trump is the king of controlling the narrative.

I think you underestimate how short people's memories are. The election is two years away. That is a lifetime in politics. Hillary was massively hurt by her (bullshit and pointless) email controversy because Comey announced looking into it RIGHT BEFORE the election.

Also, Biden is fully cooperating and not being evasive in any way. I don't really see this being a big deal when all is said and done. Even if the media breathlessly tries to make it seem that way.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:23 am
Homo Dperious

Libs wrote:
The false equivalencies and whataboutism we're going to get here are going to be aggressively predictable and obnoxious, but this should of course be investigated just like Trump's is.

:roll: If this wasn’t about such a serious matter, I’d ignore it, but as if there was any doubt about the credibility of politics, you just removed it. It’s no surprise Biden is irresponsible, and I’m not even going to pretend that he represents all of Washington. It’s been said that other politicians are narcissistic, and that’s true, but that doesn’t mean they are Biden. There’s no way Obama would have done this. Of course though, Biden was his Vice President as a political choice made by politicians for politics. Nothing could be more aggressively obnoxious and predictable than passive-aggressive, hypocritical, and abusive internet comments that assume respect, power, “moral” authority, and agreement regardless of the truth. As if nothing could possibly challenge what they want or have been taught, promised, or conditioned to believe they deserve.

It’s intellectually, emotionally, and conscientiously lazy as far as I’m concerned, but then it’s human (whether that be defined as “Homo Sapien” or “Homo Darwinian”). So, how could I blame you for that? Your species permanently and definitively lacks the intelligence, consciousness, awareness, maturity, and honesty even the emotional resilience of my species. You’re “free will” and consciousness (to the limited extent you are conscious; sorry, I don’t want to be insulting, but it’s obvious), is defined by culture, socialization, and consensus. To me, or any member of my species, it would nothing but an obstacle, waste of time, or distraction if not exactly rational. I know you think I’m interested or care about what your species thinks, but I don’t, it doesn’t make a difference, it’s not relevant; we have no future relationships. Even if we agree or share a future; the perspective of your species doesn’t really matter to me or change anything; the only relevance is if you are a threat or can hurt me or us. But even that is nothing but an unavoidable exercise. I’d love it if you cared about the truth, but I can live without it.

Anyway, as to your “national security”; I can’t say it really makes any difference anyway in the long run. You made your decisions as a civilization long ago, and the results are unavoidable. Even if you deserved another chance, you can’t escape the reality of your decisions and the death, war, and destruction as consequence. It may be human to you, but it’s not the behavior or decision making of my species or of any truly advanced civilization. You might feel entitled to your morality; and it doesn’t really matter if you’re minding your own business, but if you expect power, it’s not so innocent. You have no right or ability to get or expect what you want regardless of the truth. So, in reality, you have no right or ability to expect tolerance or patience for any of your irrational morality (all of your morality). You can think what you want, but in reality, if you try to practice your irrational morality you can expect to be required to comply with truth, reality, logic, math, and the “laws” of nature, etc. Or you can expect to be forced into compliance. You can say what you do, but if you want to reach a goal, you can’t afford to ignore the truth.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:44 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

The main differences with Donald Trump are these:

A) Donald Trump was prone to leaving nuclear documents with other random stuff, perhaps under a diet soda.
B) Donald Trump took more documents and probably did it deliberately for whatever interest he might have had for the material.
C) Donald Trump was prone to use the info in some impulsive scheme.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:51 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Libs wrote:
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:

I think you underestimate how short people's memories are. The election is two years away. That is a lifetime in politics. Hillary was massively hurt by her (bullshit and pointless) email controversy because Comey announced looking into it RIGHT BEFORE the election.

Also, Biden is fully cooperating and not being evasive in any way. I don't really see this being a big deal when all is said and done. Even if the media breathlessly tries to make it seem that way.

I think a lot of people in the media actually dread the narrative change.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Superfreak

I think it is almost impossible to understate the degree to which DT's widespread reputation of dishonesty and erratic behavior compounds all of these issues for him relative to how they would impact others.

If it were Mike Pence instead of DT, reaction would every different. It is not a double standard, this is the reaction that Trump has earned due to his uncontrolled behavior.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

Trump had declassification power as the president while vices do not, and Mar a Lago was more secure than Biden's garage due to permanent secret service former presidents get. So if anything Biden's was worse. But it would be more brushed over if not for the precedent set trying to treat it as this huge thing with Trump.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:26 pm
Superfreak

nobody is even talking about it any more. people trust Biden, they dont trust trump, it basically comes down to that.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 pm

The whole thing can also epically backfire if Republicans go on the offense with this

Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:08 pm
Hold the door!

The average person does not care about either thing.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:31 pm
Sbil

DP07 wrote:
Libs wrote:

:roll: If this wasn’t about such a serious matter, I’d ignore it, but as if there was any doubt about the credibility of politics, you just removed it. It’s no surprise Biden is irresponsible, and I’m not even going to pretend that he represents all of Washington. It’s been said that other politicians are narcissistic, and that’s true, but that doesn’t mean they are Biden. There’s no way Obama would have done this. Of course though, Biden was his Vice President as a political choice made by politicians for politics. Nothing could be more aggressively obnoxious and predictable than passive-aggressive, hypocritical, and abusive internet comments that assume respect, power, “moral” authority, and agreement regardless of the truth. As if nothing could possibly challenge what they want or have been taught, promised, or conditioned to believe they deserve.

It’s intellectually, emotionally, and conscientiously lazy as far as I’m concerned, but then it’s human (whether that be defined as “Homo Sapien” or “Homo Darwinian”). So, how could I blame you for that? Your species permanently and definitively lacks the intelligence, consciousness, awareness, maturity, and honesty even the emotional resilience of my species. You’re “free will” and consciousness (to the limited extent you are conscious; sorry, I don’t want to be insulting, but it’s obvious), is defined by culture, socialization, and consensus. To me, or any member of my species, it would nothing but an obstacle, waste of time, or distraction if not exactly rational. I know you think I’m interested or care about what your species thinks, but I don’t, it doesn’t make a difference, it’s not relevant; we have no future relationships. Even if we agree or share a future; the perspective of your species doesn’t really matter to me or change anything; the only relevance is if you are a threat or can hurt me or us. But even that is nothing but an unavoidable exercise. I’d love it if you cared about the truth, but I can live without it.

Anyway, as to your “national security”; I can’t say it really makes any difference anyway in the long run. You made your decisions as a civilization long ago, and the results are unavoidable. Even if you deserved another chance, you can’t escape the reality of your decisions and the death, war, and destruction as consequence. It may be human to you, but it’s not the behavior or decision making of my species or of any truly advanced civilization. You might feel entitled to your morality; and it doesn’t really matter if you’re minding your own business, but if you expect power, it’s not so innocent. You have no right or ability to get or expect what you want regardless of the truth. So, in reality, you have no right or ability to expect tolerance or patience for any of your irrational morality (all of your morality). You can think what you want, but in reality, if you try to practice your irrational morality you can expect to be required to comply with truth, reality, logic, math, and the “laws” of nature, etc. Or you can expect to be forced into compliance. You can say what you do, but if you want to reach a goal, you can’t afford to ignore the truth.

Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:34 pm
Homo Dperious

Lol. Good for you.

Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:28 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Excel wrote:
nobody is even talking about it any more. people trust Biden, they dont trust trump, it basically comes down to that.

People? It’s completely political. Anyone who understands these issues wouldn’t trust either. If you think he’s smarter or more competent than Trump you’re also a fool, and I’m not complementing Trump.

Regardless, your species has a very limited intelligence, and your civilization is hopelessly primitive. You can be expected to double down on your irrational, idiotic, and dangerous morality and politics, but you have no right or ability to expect respect, power, or tolerance for it. You must be responsible for it: you can’t shift the blame from the cause to the symptoms; and you can’t expect any truly rational actor to accept, or tolerate it; or save you from your bad decisions. That’s not possible if you fail to accept the truth. So, regardless of what you say, have no future whatsoever in which you’re allowed to use any of your irrational morality or politics for your benefit. If you continue with your reckless and irresponsible comments, you assume and accept responsibility for the consequences. As such, you forfeit your right to everything you want, and because of the irresponsible danger you represent, you forfeit your right to protection, and assume responsibility for the consequences of your dangerous words, morality, and politics. Therefore you can’t expect sympathy for the consequences of your bad decisions. Since you assume responsibility for your decisions and words, you also forfeit your right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” as promised by your Declaration of Independence. Regardless this was a delusional promise by your your constitution; which was unconcerned with taking these issues seriously, and instead decided to tell you what you wanted to hear. That may make you feel good, but there is nothing good about it. If continue to fight the truth, you will only deserve and receive escalating consequences from reality, until your threat is eliminated. If, in the future, it is a choice between our species or your species, we will do as necessary and completely eliminate the threat. If necessary we will eliminate your species and drive you to extinction. Regardless, “Homo Darwinian” almost certainly has no future without extinction or being absorbed into what remains of “Homo Sapien” or our new species.

I’ve said that your species will be treated like animals or small children if you want. I doubt this is what you really want; but regardless you continue to act like it; so you can expect to continue to be treated this way if your species continues to show no ability to act like an adult of my species. The alternatives are that you are complicit or active participant in these problems; in which case you can expect no tolerance or forgiveness, and instead escalating consequences. I would call you stupid, but why insult you for being human? Would you insult a pig’s intelligence? So you do not misunderstand me; I’m telling you that Albert Einstein was stupid compared to my species. This is not hyperbole or exaggeration; I mean exactly what I’m saying. I’m telling you that the most advanced A.I. your species could develop in a billion years is stupid compared to my species. I mean exactly what I’m saying. It’s only a matter of time until we can learn to do anything better.

Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:21 pm
Profile ICQ
Sbil

Are we gonna talk about the fact that DP07 claims to be a species other than "human"?

Like...are you ok

Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:56 am
Superfreak

The always underestimated Joe Biden predictably crushing this speech and baiting Republicans into not cutting social security and medicare on the fly. The guy on tv tonight can 100% win decisively in 2024. JB shockingly with it and energized despite his age, simply is what it is, Republicans hoping for signs of decline no dour frustrated right now.

Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 186  Next