Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
Just because they didn't run on those specific things doesn't mean those aren't in their policies.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:12 pm
Superfreak

That they did not highlight them speaks volumes.

Also. Lake has officially lost. LMAO what a disaster for Trump for co.

As ANN COUNTER said to DT, "Shut the fuck up, forever".

Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:53 pm
Sbil

Electorally, Arizona might be the most interesting state in the country right now. I’m so thrilled Kari Lake is over.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

There is nothing wrong with Republicans going forward with a populist message like this, but yes it might work better in a lower intensity and showy way than Lake types.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:29 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hawley is up for reelection in 2024, and you can certainly bet he's going to back off and aim for a more moderate approach over the next 2 years after these midterms. MO has shifted reliably red in recent years, but it's not a ruby red state in the present and his seat will be one that likely becomes a toss-up race if he runs as his 2020-2022 self.

DEMs have a difficult 2024 map in the Senate, so they'll be targeting his seat for sure to try and counter potential losses.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

LOL I think Hawley is terrified at what he sees others experiencing for repercussions for January 6th. What a fool.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:02 pm
Hold the door!

That Arizona's governor race and Nevada senate race are crazy. Both the Republicans were up in polling like, the whole time. At least the PA, GA and other races that Republicans didn't win were close the whole time.

I still think its a conflict of interest for Katie Hobbs to run her own election

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:20 am

Looks like someone from the GOP is going to challenge McCarthy for Speaker. To me, this could end up leading to a highly moderate Republican to take the position

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:43 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Umm what are you talking about? Hobbs was polling FAR ahead until early October.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:44 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
Umm what are you talking about? Hobbs was polling FAR ahead until early October.

She was not polling "far" ahead. They were very close with an edge to Hobbs before October. Though I do see that a million polls favoring Lake came in after that. Due to the sheer volume of them I did not even notice or remember that they were majority from October on

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:00 am
Hold the door!

So who is most likely Speaker if not Mccarthy?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:05 am

zwackerm wrote:
So who is most likely Speaker if not Mccarthy?

Andy Biggs is going to challenge McCarthy out of the Freedom Caucus. But as for a moderate the DEMs can rally behind? Not sure. There is also the issue of the Squad spoiling that for the DEMs like they tend to frustratingly do

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:28 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'd say almost anyone would be better, but you have some far worse members. I'd imagine Jordan's name is probably coming up in those talks though. The GOP has kinda sucked with Speakers this past decade.

Although I do wish those dream scenarios of a slim majority in the House leading to a member of the minority party getting the Speakership would come true at last. Like in 2020 when talks of the progressive wing (or the squad) could turn on Pelosi and result in a Republican becoming speaker. Not to say I would have liked that outcome, obviously, it's just an interesting dynamic: A Speaker is of the minority party. They'd either have to work together, or literally nothing would get done and everyone would be risking their seat in two years.

So, here's hoping it's as close to 218:217 as possible this session.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:34 am
Profile WWW

The GOP has finally been gaining some momentum in House as of late, so I am predicting a low 220s to low 210s split with McCarthy eking out enough votes.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:40 am
Hold the door!

The GOP looks like 221 if they don't flip CA 13, 47 or 49, AK AL or ME 2 which looks likely they will not but they absolutely could

I wonder when the ranked choice races in AK and ME will be finalized.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:54 am
Devil's Advocate

I heard in California Republicans are as good at Democrats at ballot harvesting mail votes.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Hold the door!

Republican run states can hamper down on voter integrity but in Democrat run or even purple states they need to take advantage of mail ballots and all the new laws the same way democrats are

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:48 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yes. They should. (they have been, which is why states with easy, accessible voting have higher turnout rates, which is good for democracy)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:55 pm
Superfreak

Polling would have been dead on target if they had stopped early October.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:38 pm
Hold the door!

If Valadao can hold it out, we may actually make a net gain of seats in California as Duarte has pulled ahead in CA-13

Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:57 am

zwackerm wrote:
If Valadao can hold it out, we may actually make a net gain of seats in California as Duarte has pulled ahead in CA-13

Newsom and Cuomo really hurt the Democrats in these states, almost losing the Democrats the 2020 election. These two are a big reason Democrats are no longer the popular party, mixed with people mistakingly associating the DEMs with the “woke” movement.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:39 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Good to see Pelosi passing the torch. Someone mentioned how she's been the bridge of the old Democratic party and the modern Democratic party, and it's so true.

It'll be interesting to see how the dynamics and structure of the House changes without her in leadership. I mean, she's keeping her seat and is going to provide guidance for the new leadership, but she's been in charge as whip or leader for 20 years almost to the day. Not many have been there without her leadership. And being able to keep the most recent slim majority in line the past two years really tells you how effective she really was. And far, far few are known to have put in half the work she's done from fundraising to still whipping votes.

She's been in leadership through SEVEN Republican Leaders, and held the Speakership during four Presidencies. Easily one of the most successful and influential leaders and Speakers ever.

And Hoyer is also not seeking leadership reelection as well, deciding to pass the torch to the younger generation. Despite his age, he could have made a case that it was finally his time as Leader, but didn't. And not ruling out leadership, Clyburn isn't going to run for the Leader role itself.

So all three are deciding to hand over the reigns to the younger, new generation. A good move and look for the party, moving forward with the times versus trying to hold onto the past (or even attempting to regress like some in the GOP are trying to do...).

Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Pelosi has been an iconic trailblazer and incredibly effective politician during her 20 year tenure in leadership, despite doing some annoying things along the way. I'm happy she's passing the torch but it's the end of an era.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:37 pm
The Dark Knight

I'm glad she's letting a new generation shine, but I wish it wasn't the anti-progressive Hakeem Jeffries.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:43 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Cynosure wrote:
I'm glad she's letting a new generation shine, but I wish it wasn't the anti-progressive Hakeem Jeffries.

This

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 186  Next