Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Superfreak

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
zwackerm wrote:
Kinzinger is as bad as Liz Cheney.

Why should Republicans bother running in swing states altogether if they're not going to be serious about winning? Liz Cheney probably wins a senate seat if she is the GOP nominee in PA, GA, AZ, or NV. Same for Kinzinger.

Dems needed to come to terms with AOC and co. being well out of the mainstream, and have doneso over the last 2 years so great success. Repubs well pass due but need to realize the same is true for MAGA.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:24 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Why should Republicans bother running in swing states altogether if they're not going to be serious about winning? Liz Cheney probably wins a senate seat if she is the GOP nominee in PA, GA, AZ, or NV. Same for Kinzinger.

Dems needed to come to terms with AOC and co. being well out of the mainstream, and have doneso over the last 2 years so great success. Repubs well pass due but need to realize the same is true for MAGA.

You don’t need to be Maga to not kiss up to the Democrats all the time

Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

They don't need to be running MAGA guys in Washington. I'm assuming the Democrats did a better job not putting progressives in red areas. It sounds like the Oregon seat that just got called was one example where their candidate was too progressive.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:05 pm
Superfreak

Look at how much closer Oz came in PA vs. Mastriano. The GOP needs to go back to actual republicans, or this is going to keep happening as the Dems have clearly adjusted.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:16 pm
Hold the door!

The perfect Republican candidate distances themselves from Trump but still is more loyal to him than Nancy Pelosi and doesn’t side with Democrats over him. There is a balance to be struck between the 2. Not all Republicans have to be Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, Boebert or MTG.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

In retrospect Lake’s masculine female energy is probably not political gold historically

Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:43 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
The perfect Republican candidate distances themselves from Trump but still is more loyal to him than Nancy Pelosi and doesn’t side with Democrats over him. There is a balance to be struck between the 2. Not all Republicans have to be Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, Boebert or MTG.

You are still missing the big picture point here. Swing voters are largely aligned on this. It is not about loyalty to Trump or Pelosi, it is about loyalty to the fucking country. Any sensible person sees it - Trump and his team pumped up his followers and motivated them to commit a historically hideous act on January 6th. No, Trump did not go there himself, but everyone and their Mom knows that he pushed them to do it. Just as the US hunted down and killed Osama Bin Laden not because he flew a plane into a building but because he rallied his followers to do so, swing voters blame Trump for what happened. And frankly, forget inflation or crime - there has been nothing more disrupting since the onset of Covid than the group of Trumpie's trying to overturn election results, both legally and by force. It is impossible to understate how insane this feels to your avg non GOPer. For DT and people who associate with him, this is a disqualifier, there is no coming back from it.

Kinzinger, Cheney, Romney, Pence and co. are not looking loyal to Dems, that is obvious by the positions on issues. They are looking extremely loyal to the USA when combat the obvious threat that is Trump, though. Repubs that do not fight it head on are - clearly - paying a price for it in the eyes of swing voters.

There are handful of Republicans who definitely beat Trump. The first one to directly and openly say to Trump "You are the ultimate loser and I am sick of losing. Your actions have embarrassed our party and dragged everyone down. Drop out or be destroyed" will win.

Last edited by Excel on Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:26 pm
Superfreak

Shack wrote:
In retrospect Lake’s masculine female energy is probably not political gold historically

Forget Liz, that Karen energy turns on nobody.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:26 pm
Hold the door!

These frickin Libertarian candidates need to gtfo letting these Dems win races with sub 50% of the vote

Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:53 pm
Superfreak

It is now seriously looking like Kari Lake is going to lose as well. She is underperforming the red areas by quite a bit.

For the good of the USA, the GOP must learn to move on from these people.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:45 pm
Hold the door!

I guess she is underperforming polling by the same amount as masters about 4-5%, he was supposed to be neck and neck with Kelly but looks like he will lose by 5% ish. Lake was leading by about 3-4% but losing by about 1%. but at least we know that pollsters overcompensated this year in terms of polling Republicans

Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:51 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
I guess she is underperforming polling by the same amount as masters about 4-5%, he was supposed to be neck and neck with Kelly but looks like he will lose by 5% ish. Lake was leading by about 3-4% but losing by about 1%. but at least we know that pollsters overcompensated this year in terms of polling Republicans

If polling closed on 10/5, it would have been scary accurate. Lots of reruns "flooding the zone" with bad polls over final month trying to force a sense of momentum.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:53 pm
Hold the door!

These races look safe for Republicans
2 more in Arizona
1 more in New York
1 more in Colorado

Then they only need 2 of the incumbents in California to win re-election. There’s also one more in Oregon that will likely e close but no cigars

Alaska and Maine 2nd look likely D at this point but ranked choice is weird and they could surprise due to that

Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:11 pm
Sbil

Barring unlikely circumstances, Kari Lake is going to be defeated. Couldn’t happen to a grosser Trumper.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:27 pm
Superfreak

Excel wrote:
There are handful of Republicans who definitely beat Trump. The first one to directly and openly say to Trump "You are the ultimate loser and I am sick of losing. Your actions have embarrassed our party and dragged everyone down. Drop out or be destroyed" will win.

Right on que.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/1 ... y-00066676

I would loathe him as president. But he is also probably the single most powerful voice to deliver the anti-Trump message.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

The voices against Trump will be stronger with Lake losing, with that said, there was also some states like O'Dea in Colorado where he went out of his way to be the anti-Trump guy and got destroyed and helped turn Colorado into a blue Florida, and ones kind of in the middle like Laxalt that disappointed.

My main wish would be things to go back to 2000s and early 2010s level of peaceful and lower stakes American politics, if that means moving on from Trump that'd be fine, and I think DeSantis did a great job the last few years. But I'm not really convinced Trump caused this era, instead of succeeding in part because of the early version of it. And that he has only been peripherally involved for 2 years and the environment doesn't seem to have cooled down would support that.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:42 pm
Superfreak

This crap has gone on forever. It escalated with Obama due to the non to subtle BIRTHER! bullshit he dealt with - which John McCain himself famously fought back against. Dems responded in 2012 by hammering Romney as a sexist elitist, both of which are probably wrong in hindsight.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:49 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

It's hilarious that Rs are going to go all in on Desantis, who is about to go even harsher on abortion rights... Which just led to Rs losing in embarrassing fashion. Absolute idiots. Love it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:31 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Buddy maybe look at how many progressive candidates have been winning the last 2 years and rethink this, lol.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:33 am
Hold the door!

10,000 more votes cast so far in the Senate race in Nevada than in the gubernatorial race. Wonder why that is

Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:36 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I imagine that's fairly standard for every election. The Presidential race will get more votes than the Senate race, which will get more votes than the Governor race, which will get more votes than Propositions, etc etc.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:34 pm
The Dark Knight

Polls now have DeSantis leading Trump among republican and republican leaning voters in a GOP primary. Maybe the republican voters won't be as stupid as I expected. It remains to be seen of course whether Trump would even accept defeat (spoiler: he won't).

Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:43 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
I imagine that's fairly standard for every election. The Presidential race will get more votes than the Senate race, which will get more votes than the Governor race, which will get more votes than Propositions, etc etc.

People just leave sections of their ballot blank? Weird

Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:57 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:

People just leave sections of their ballot blank? Weird

On my ballot there were like 30 judges to vote on, almost a dozen propositions. Good luck finding any information worth a damn on a specific judge and if they should be "retained" or not. I'd rather skip the unknown judges than vote to retain a judge that sucks.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:59 pm
Superfreak

Chippy wrote:
Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Buddy maybe look at how many progressive candidates have been winning the last 2 years and rethink this, lol.

Not really. Did you hear anyone running on expanding the Supreme Court, defunding the police, etc this go around? I didn't. I heard a lot of Dems running on the effectiveness of Joe Biden and the lunacy of Repubs supporting DT.

Moderation is where the votes are in suburban America. They can only digest so much change so fast.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 186  Next