Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
Explosion happened earlier. This whole thing is a mess and will hurt Biden’s standings with moderates who voted for Bush in the early 2000s but not for Trump due to his poor international skills.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

Now that the vaccine effectiveness is shown to wane over time as seen in places like Israel, "unvaccinated" gets replaced by "undervaccinated". There is a lot of people who already took 2 shots who aren't going to be happy about going for a booster. Then 6-8 months from then you're asking them to get another booster and you have people that took 3 that don't want to take 4.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:48 pm

Now we have prominent Republicans like Nikki Haley calling for Biden’s resignation. The GOP might be overplaying their hand here especially if they don’t hold their own politicians accountable like Trump so they might take a huge blunder and diminish it especially after the inevitable economic boom coming up soon accompanied by the end of the pandemic next year. Cuomo was held accountable, but so far no GOP politicians have been held accountable for January 6th, the sex trafficking in Florida, or the countless sexual harassing allegations against Trump.

It makes people want to sympathize with Biden. Poor play

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Devil's Advocate

One thing I saw is that if Biden resigned and Harris replaced him, there would be no tiebreaker vote in the Senate so if all the Republicans banded together they could refuse to approve a VP and remove the ability for the Democrats to do anything in the Senate, or they could force them to have a Manchin type as VP tiebreaker. I believe a RINO like Romney or Murkowski would likely bend the knee at the end of the day and approve their choice of VP, however it would be a risk by the Democrats to go this route.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Biden will not resign, but I doubt he runs again. In all honesty, Biden is still dealing with the blunders of Trump, and while I do not excuse the poor execution of this withdrawal, it is a scenario created by Trump due to the deal he made with Taliban and his lame duck withdrawal plans. Trump gave Biden shit to work with and Biden slipped on Trump’s shit. Now will he catch himself or will he fall face first into Trump’s steaming pile he left for America?

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

I thought the plan was always for Kamala to be president since they could play the identity politics card by claiming you're a racist if you criticize her. However the most likely year for him to step down was 2023 as it would allow her to be eligible for 2 more elections and it would allow her to go into 2024 as incumbent. If he stepped down now it would be if this gets really bad and likely be if they thought they stand a better chance in the midterms with Harris. They are desperate to pass some of these plans like HR1 and to be able to get past Manchin/Sinema with the mass spending bills, so they are probably all in on the midterms.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:50 pm

I don’t think there is some hidden plan. Just typical partisan hyperbole politics

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:56 pm
Superfreak

:funny:

Why the hell would Biden resign for withdrawing from an endless war? How dumb have people become?

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:11 pm
Devil's Advocate

I agree the resign stunt by the Republicans (looks like a bunch of them like Hawley are calling for it) is stupid, if anything it makes Biden less likely to do it.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:51 pm
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
Now that the vaccine effectiveness is shown to wane over time as seen in places like Israel, "unvaccinated" gets replaced by "undervaccinated". There is a lot of people who already took 2 shots who aren't going to be happy about going for a booster. Then 6-8 months from then you're asking them to get another booster and you have people that took 3 that don't want to take 4.

I always assumed the vaccine was going to be no different than the yearly flu shot. I know the principles are different (I sure don't want to be thought of as in the "Covid and the flu are the same" crowd) but I just always assumed that about it.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:29 am

Biden is officially for the first time an unpopular president. He is such a lukewarm, uncontroversial figure that if things rebound next year like they probably will, he will be popular again, but as he is the vanilla cone of presidents, his popularity is entirely tied to things out of his control.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:04 pm
Superfreak

Biden's 2022 will include the true defeat of Covid, epic economic rebound, massive infrastructure improvements and probably the student loan bill at some point. Everyone will forget about Afghanistan.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:16 pm

He’d better hope so. Unless Trump runs in 2024, I think independents will flock to a GOP candidate as long as the base doesn’t fuck it up

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:39 pm
Superfreak

Impossible to say where I's will go without knowing who the Republican is. If it is a Desantis type, no way in hell. If it is kizinger or Romney, different story.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 pm
Superfreak

IDA looks to be an epic disaster unfortunately will probably begin dominating headlines. JB can handle this better

Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Biden’s up to bat. Time to see what he’s got

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:41 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
Impossible to say where I's will go without knowing who the Republican is. If it is a Desantis type, no way in hell. If it is kizinger or Romney, different story.

Lol, Desantis would wipe the floor with Romney. and Kinzinger you must be joking!

Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:20 pm
Devil's Advocate

The nomination will be someone Trump's base likes even if he doesn't run.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:34 am
Superfreak

Independents will be supporting Trump. Biden did not impress them but they voted him in enormous numbers. Also the extent to which the GOP embraces Trumpism will heavily depend on 2022 performance.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:37 pm

I think your rank and file GOP voters want to move past Trump, DeSantis is that guy. As an independent, I don’t have much issues with DeSantis except for him going after local districts trying to govern.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

2024 is a long ways away so it's possible the cultural environment is different such as wokeism etc. dying down, but my take is that GOP wants someone with "fighter" personality who will stand up for them against the radical leftist tactics. The establishment GOP are seen as cowards in that department who refused to take a strong stance on things like rioting, lockdowns or the election. DeSantis is a good fit to replace Trump cause he has a little bit of that FU type personality. Maybe Cruz isn't so bad in that department either. Someone like Haley they see right through as a politician first and foremost who sometimes panders to Trump base. Noem has been increasingly backing down as of late whether it's for the right reasons or not. Pompeo is an interesting sleeper if he can hold up charisma wise since I get the sense he was Trump's real right hand man more than Pence, Trump could endorse him and he could have a foreign policy driven platform.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 pm
The Kramer

I hope reports of all Americans being out of Afghanistan are true. Hope the reports are of the Taliban banning co-education are not true.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:01 am
Devil's Advocate

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I hope reports of all Americans being out of Afghanistan are true. Hope the reports are of the Taliban banning co-education are not true.

I believe all the military is out but not all the Americans

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:06 am

Funny enough, but Obama whom I thought was a mediocre president, is aging very well historically. He left the US with a strong growing economy and a powerful international presence. Unfortunately, he had a very focused group of opposition that opposed him no manner the situation creating a deep divide in our nation and leading to the international embarrassment of Trump and therefore the election of Biden who most likely got elected on the platform of not being Trump.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:24 am
The Kramer

Obama was a great president when he was able to do anything. Sending a small strike team into Pakistan to get Bin Laden rather than invade the whole damn country shows this. Unfortunately this was also the era when Mitch McConnell decided he was the most important person in DC and blocked everything Obama tried to do, including his legal right to approve a Supreme Court justice. And the democrats having a popular black president made all the racists in the country much more politically active which resulted in the election of Trump.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 186  Next