Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
The Kramer

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
Its been discovered that Rand Paul’s wife bought stock in a company that makes covid medicine, something that should have been disclosed 16 months ago. So this dude goes out there, actively encourages people to not get vaccinated and to not wear masks. This dude is spreading misinformation then literally profits from it when people get sick and need to go to the hospital.

Will any Republicans call for him to step down? Of course not. Is he in any danger of losing his next election? Only if he dare say that Trump did not win the election.

You guys always complain about the media being bias against conservatives, but why would they need to be? Republicans can act like villains out in the open and face no consequences because their voters don’t care about ethics.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:38 pm

Base Republican voters have tunnel vision. They are so focused on a few handful of issues that they do not see the forest through the trees. Gotta fight abortion, taxes, and now we can add blind support of Trump to that list.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:46 am
Superfreak

Can't say I have ever seen DC politicos so split as they are currently on Afghanistan.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:53 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
Liz Cheney needed to go since clearly the Republican's only shot going forward is to embrace what Trump started rather than the Diet Coke version of democrat policy that old fashioned Republicans like Cheney pushed

I think there is a huge market for centrists in either party. Romney would have obliterated Biden in 2020.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:09 pm
Devil's Advocate

I feel like the Taliban were going to take over no matter what (It seems like the people there want them over the Afghan government) but this type of dangerous evac is humiliating and also will leave too many weapons behind for them.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's a mess. Everyone involved over the last 20 years are partly to blame, including the Afghan President/Government. Their president reportedly fled his own country earlier today, abandoning his government and citizens.

Can't point any fingers because there's too much pointing to be had with this mess. Total lose-lose situation.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Basically Vietnam 2.0 and Biden is biting the bullet.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:00 pm
The Kramer

Yeah, but what is the solution? Stay there for another 20 years and accomplish the same amount of nothing? It sucks, but there was never going to be any other ending to this story.

So when they blame Biden during the next election cycle, he can say "party who started it says what?" Nobody will learn anything, just like Vietnam, and in the next Republican presidency we can start it all over again in Iran, or more likely somewhere in Africa.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Right now the Democrats best hope for votes is Trump continuing to have a hold over the party. The GOP without Trump would be dominating American politics right now.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:40 pm
The Kramer

Vietnam, as a nation, ended up doing pretty well for itself after the war. We can only hope the Afghan people don’t suffer too much from this.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:25 pm
100% That Bitch

Is this Biden's first major blow? Os is it the delta variant running wild on the us right now?
Thank god I'm not Biden rn.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:34 pm
100% That Bitch

Where is libs tjo? Has anyone seen her?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:35 pm
100% That Bitch

And they're sendind troops back as we speak?

Lmfao what a fucking disaster

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I suppose the least that can be done is to try and secure a "safe" zone now where refugees can be transported to the U.S. (and any allied nations)? If at least a valid attempt at that isn't going to be done, then I don't think there's any chance of this just not turning out as an awful moment in history.

It's brave, of sorts, of Biden to not pass the Afghan war onto the next President (it's been needed for years), but there should have been a system in place to get as many refugees out as possible beforehand. Apparently only 2,500 or so made it out before this mess began. Perhaps they believed they'd have ample time to get people out, as they've admitted they didn't expect the Taliban to takeover this quickly, so best to "correct" this miscalculation versus trying to excuse it by getting as many out now.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Biden is definitely eating a ton of shit over this. More than anything else this should show he was only ever intending to be a one-term president. A politician running for reelection would never put themselves in this position.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:11 pm
Devil's Advocate

In terms of blame for Afghanistan disaster on the whole Bush and Obama deserve the most in that order. Then Biden and Trump.

No surprise Biden blaming everything on Trump and Afghanis after finally speaking.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:16 pm
100% That Bitch

What i find most amazing ia that he said a month an a half ago that no one was getting evaced on helicopters from rooftops and then.... lmfoa we just saw that scenario

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:23 pm
The Kramer

Biden said:

“American troops cannot and should not be dying in a war that Afghan forces are not willing to fight for themselves.”

Bingo!

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:01 pm
The Dark Knight

Neither Biden nor Trump are to blame imo. Bush is to blame for starting it. Obama for not ending it once Bin Laden was killed.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:34 pm
The Kramer

And Bin Laden is to blame before that, and whatever America did to radicalize him before that. Everybody but the people who are actually gonna hurt from it. It just sucks that what all four Presidents tried to build there was so inefficient. I really can’t think of anything that could have created a positive outcome. What happens now? Will the CIA/China/ROC try to start something to overthrow the Taliban leading to even more war?

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:52 pm
Superfreak

Biden gave an absolutely perfect speech today. Could not say it better if anyone else tried. No doubt 95% of USA agrees with this decision.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:46 pm
Superfreak

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Biden is definitely eating a ton of shit over this. More than anything else this should show he was only ever intending to be a one-term president. A politician running for reelection would never put themselves in this position.

I actually think the opposite, he rushed this early on because he has plenty of time to move on. 2022 should have final death of Covid, big economic recovery news, infrastructure and probably some student loan bill to give blue some thrust into midterms.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:47 pm
The Dark Knight

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
And Bin Laden is to blame before that, and whatever America did to radicalize him before that. Everybody but the people who are actually gonna hurt from it. It just sucks that what all four Presidents tried to build there was so inefficient. I really can’t think of anything that could have created a positive outcome. What happens now? Will the CIA/China/ROC try to start something to overthrow the Taliban leading to even more war?

The Taliban will take power. Hopefully Afghanistan doesn't once again become a breeding ground for terrorists. Other than that, I doubt most in the west care. After all we've been allies with Saudi Arabia for decades despite it being under the thumb of Islamic fundamentalism too.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:14 am
Sbil

Mau wrote:
Where is libs tjo? Has anyone seen her?

Can I help you? lol

For the record, my opinion on Afghanistan: The Biden admin clearly made some errors, but their hands were tied and there were basically no good options here. Withdrawing from Afghanistan is political hot potato. The blame for this goes back to the Bush administration for starting this mess and the Obama admin for continuing it, but even that is too simplified. This is not a black and white issue and playing the blame game is pointless.

Ultimately I think Biden had the balls to do what needed to be done here after none of his predecessors did. The man is trying to get Americans out of Afghanistan. There is no way I would never support that decision. The execution is where things got messy but there was never going to be a way to do this cleanly.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:12 am
Hold the door!

Problem with Afghanistan is there was no clear goal after Bin Laden was killed. The Taliban was never going to be defeated, only kept at bay. Afghanistan is so far from being a democracy, its own citizens would much rather flee than stay and fight for itself. America cannot fight for a country unwilling to fight for itself. Obama should have ended things before we wasted another decade there but better ;ate than never.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 186  Next