Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
The red lighting was a horrible decision, conservatives have been all over it meme wise

Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:08 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

the next good right wing meme will be the first one lmao

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:08 pm
Sbil

Shack wrote:
The red lighting was a horrible decision, conservatives have been all over it meme wise

Yes, we know. The right can’t meme, this has been well established.

I’m here for the Dark Brandon era. It’s not lost on me that MAGA spends so much time scaring themselves to death about everything in culture they understand or goes against their pathetic and fragile worldviews, and now people are trying to scare them on purpose. :lol:

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:19 pm
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
Shack wrote:

Yes, we know. The right can’t meme, this has been well established.

I’m here for the Dark Brandon era. It’s not lost on me that MAGA spends so much time scaring themselves to death about everything in culture they understand or goes against their pathetic and fragile worldviews, and now people are trying to scare them on purpose. :lol:

People on the left believe the right can't meme and vice versa. You can't objectively say one side can meme when you're going to inherently agree with one side over the other

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:22 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's funny that you guys have opposite opinion, "the left can't meme" is a very popular sentiment on the right.

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:23 pm
Hold the door!

the worst left wing meme is the kermit drinking tea where its like "if abortion is murder, is masturbation genocide?"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:24 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
the worst left wing meme is the kermit drinking tea where its like "if abortion is murder, is masturbation genocide?"

Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:37 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

thank you for proving our point

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:21 pm
Superfreak

No normal person cares about the lighting. No normal person disagrees with Biden's general point.

I can't believe this needs to be said, but the events of 1/6 are EXTREMELY unpopular and horrendous for any GOPer tied to them. 95% of Repubs are completely embarrassed by the events of 1/6 and want nothing to do with the date or events that led to it. Biden actually said it perfectly when he said most Trump voters voted for a philosophy, not to storm the capital. Republicans need to get smart and openly dump that guy ASAP before he takes down even more people. He already cost them the White House, Senate, and House. Now he may cost them midterms!

McConnell remains the GOPs sharpest politician. If the party followed his lead, and not McCarthy's, they would probably be in much stronger shape.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:44 pm
Superfreak

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Biden has always been a shitty speaker so I have no desire to watch what was no doubt a speech of rehearsed sound bites, but people are so partisan these days that most folks opinions on the speech are probably worse.

This was a great speech by Biden's standards, though most of what he was saying should be obvious. Much it also applies to the "resist!" dems of the Trump era.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

Excel wrote:
No normal person cares about the lighting. No normal person disagrees with Biden's general point.

I can't believe this needs to be said, but the events of 1/6 are EXTREMELY unpopular and horrendous for any GOPer tied to them. 95% of Repubs are completely embarrassed by the events of 1/6 and want nothing to do with the date or events that led to it. Biden actually said it perfectly when he said most Trump voters voted for a philosophy, not to storm the capital. Republicans need to get smart and openly dump that guy ASAP before he takes down even more people. He already cost them the White House, Senate, and House. Now he may cost them midterms!

McConnell remains the GOPs sharpest politician. If the party followed his lead, and not McCarthy's, they would probably be in much stronger shape.

Can you not see how insane it is to keep beating J6 into the ground for 1.5 years (soon to be 4)

It’s being used as a means to an end politically.

The imagery of the speech got overplayed by conservatives. The important part was the content painting all people who don’t vote Democrat as extremist terrorists that is dangerous and reminiscent of authoritarians that don’t tolerate opposition. Especially when added to the possibility the FBI will arrest their political opponent beating them in the polls for being a president who had despite having the power to declassify documents, didn’t do it right, or something.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:26 pm
Superfreak

Shack wrote:
Excel wrote:

Can you not see how insane it is to keep beating J6 into the ground for 1.5 years (soon to be 4)

1. Dude, many many Repubs still complain about Obama and Hillary.

2. The crowd behind J6 still controls the GOP. Until that changes, the narrative is going to be pushed 100%, as it should. End of story.

Quote:
It’s being used as a means to an end politically.

The imagery of the speech got overplayed by conservatives. The important part was the content painting all people who don’t vote Democrat as extremist terrorists that is dangerous and reminiscent of authoritarians that don’t tolerate opposition. Especially when added to the possibility the FBI will arrest their political opponent beating them in the polls for being a president who had despite having the power to declassify documents, didn’t do it right, or something.

-Biden actually captured the feelings of the events for 75% of the country pretty well, to be blunt. The Biden of that speech was sharp and in full Clint Eastwood mode. That Biden could easily run for reelection and win. It is not ostracizing half the country. Vast majority of people AGREE with his assessment and want DT to go away. What Biden is REALLY doing is calling for non-MAGA Repubs to find a real leader.

-GOP needs to be consistent with standards. What DT clearly has done is 100x worse than Hillarys emails, and we all know the outcome they wanted for that. Precedent is precedent.

-MOST people, including many Republicans, think DT committed numerous crimes in the post-election aftermath and they want to see him punished for it to send a message to people in the future that this cannot happen again. Donald Trump would not be under severe scrutiny had he followed the law. He didn't, and now he may well be punished. That isn't having the FBI arrest political opponents, its having the FBI do their jobs.

Donald Trump's own chief law enforcer, Bill Barr, said it perfectly yesterday. People can call this stuff happening to a former President unprecedented, but what's unprecedented is having a former President to blatantly disregard the laws. How can that go unaddressed in a nation of law and order?

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

I don’t see what makes it worse than Hillary when Trump as president had more power when it comes to classified documents

The Lock Her Up thing was also kind of half trolling and long dead. What Republicans want repercussions for is her and Obama’s involvement creating the Russiagate hoax. In a sane world that’s the real scandal. It was basically framing the sitting president and gaslit millions of people out of mental stability. And for me personally my biggest red pill and the turning point for realizing the Democrats have no bottom in terms of what they’ll do for power.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:27 pm

Russiagate did lead to people in jail. The media did overblown it though, that part I heartedly agree with you though.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:17 pm
Hold the door!

"The crowd behind J6 controls the GOP"

99.9% of conservatives would never storm the capital "MAGA" or not.

Also a lot of people who support Donald Trump do not believe he actually won the 2020 election, and wish he had just conceded, but support him for his politics rather than his personal flaws.

The drama Trump brings is the main reason I'd like another candidate in 2024, along with his age and declining wit, though his wit is not declining as quickly as Biden. But doesn't mean I'm going to support Democrats or McCain/Romney/Cheney Republicans who side with Democrats on controversial legislation.

The future of the GOP needs to be Youngkin/Desantis type Republicans who have the fighter persona of Trump but are also upstanding citizens with integrity that moderates can feel good about voting for.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

The GOP lost its cool for like 2 months and started acting like the left in terms of being taken advantage of emotionally by grifters. It doesn’t make sense to hang that over them forever.

And the Democrats act like the Republicans held congress at gunpoint when the real event was like a combo of the Kavanaugh protests in capital building and there being violence at Trump inauguration. Worse than either, but not WAY worse. The gun shot made it scarier but it was a cop shooting a Trump supporter. Trump actually got a video out telling people to go home pretty fast. It has been blown to mythic proportions by insane activists who start with the conclusion their political opposition must not be allowed to exist anymore for the greater good and then look for any reasons to support that like claiming one bad protest is enough for it. It’s always a means to and end.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:33 pm
Superfreak

How do people still think Russiagate was a non-scandal? People went to prison. They admitted it. WTF?

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:38 pm
Devil's Advocate

Excel wrote:
How do people still think Russiagate was a non-scandal? People went to prison. They admitted it. WTF?

The FBI trapping someone with questions and then charging them for lying to the FBI doesn’t really count

The glacier slow counter investigation at least produced one tangible crime in someone falsifying a warrant.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

Best pollster imo

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Skeptical

Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:32 pm
Devil's Advocate

There was some really crazy trafalgar ones showing NY Governor and Washington Senate as <5% but I figure those might be outliers

Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:27 pm
The Kramer

Just wanted to pop in and say that I really like this new tough-talking, tell it like it is Dark Brandon persona he's developed. Way better than the previous fumbling, bumbling old man. Will go a long way towards inspiring his people to vote in the midterms which has always been a problem for sitting presidents.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:08 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

It is fascinating and hilarious to see how far right Shack and zwack are willing to go, lmao. They are very good examples of people who used to be completely rational and normal, but have literally gone insane because they're in this right wing echo chamber of fucking psychopaths.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:
It is fascinating and hilarious to see how far right Shack and zwack are willing to go, lmao. They are very good examples of people who used to be completely rational and normal, but have literally gone insane because they're in this right wing echo chamber of fucking psychopaths.

Ftr I read as many left wing political posts as right wing ones, I post on a few other forums and all of them have more leftists than conservatives, mostly because all the latter get banned. Even on twitter where the majority of people I follow are right wing, every comment section is full of left wingers so I get plenty of their perspective, I even created a fake left wing account once to follow some. I am interested in reading left wing posts out of interest in the bizarre psychological phenomenon I consider the woke left to be, or to create theories about it. Wokeism seems to be one of the most unique things to happen to human race due to how many countries it's crossed and upper and lower class divide.

I haven't batted 1.000 in the last few years but my strategy is that every time someone gets proven wrong or caught grifting to get followers, I trust them less, and I trust the people who were right more. I only started really bandwagoning the Republican/Trump side in mid 2020 so I wasn't quite ready to filter information about the the the election and its aftermath perfectly, but it also ended up very informative. Nearly every right wing person I follow thought the election was compromised, however they were split into people thinking it wasn't going to be overturned, and people saying it would be. The latter preyed on people by telling them exactly what they wanted to hear (the good guys will win, the bad guys will go down), similar to how a grifter like Seth Abramson has been making a killing for years telling leftists the walls are closing in on Trump. Some of them were highly charismatic including one being the most talented twitter thread writer I've ever seen. I got caught by him and a few of his copycat buddies, who ended up being wrong about him overturning it up until the day of the inauguration. But I used it as a lesson going forward to not let it happen again. As importantly, I paid special attention to the people who were right about it not being overturned, or were saying things like the Supreme Court was the last chance and then it was time to accept it wasn't happening. I believe this process curating my list of people to trust has made my judgment better than it was in 2020.

I would hope leftists would do the same every time mainstream media is caught in a lie or someone on twitter who went all in on Russia baloney like Abramson has it go up in smoke. However it seems most people have trouble getting past their confirmation bias especially when they are emotionally attached to politics. This is also why the Republicans worst moment of the Trump era was Nov 2020-Jan 2021 because it was the one time they were severely emotionally triggered making them bait for grifters.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:19 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

lol man

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 186  Next