Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Democracy 2020 (President Biden, Vice Pres Harris)
Obviously "cancel culture" is just being politized. Both sides play this game, and have for a very long time. It's just become more prevalent in the era of social media. It's not a Leftist idea, and it didn't begin with any single person or group.

What happened to Al Franken when that photo of him groping that woman surfaced, taken prior to him being elected? He resigned. The "argument" for Green not resigning has been over her actions and words occurring before she was elected. What happened when nude photos (from a disgruntled ex of all people) surfaced of Katie Hill along with the staffer affair reports? She resigned.

And now you have the GOP out in AZ, WY, and I believe one more state, censuring their own members and Congress reps for voting a certain way.

The right does the same thing.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Lol Qanon are not a vocal minority or the Pubs wouldn‘t be bending over backwards to appease them.

Transgenders are a vocal minority that Democrats afraid of being cancelled also have been “bending over backwards to appease them”, denouncing noteworthy feminists like JK Rowling who don’t fall in line, Just a decade ago, I would guess that less than 10% of Democrats would support transgender procedures for kids before puberty, but now it’s a position supported by Joe Biden.

The level of current public shaming openly by society against QAnon currently (including less hostility from the right, like referring to them as Qtard) and trying to get anyone outed as supporting QAnon fired from their jobs, I feel that transgender are one group that can emphasize with their plight. Whether they truly have mental health issues or not (like has been attributed to transgenders), those bullying QAnon do see them as having mental health issues, so i do see it as an act of bigotry like those who publicly shame transgenders.

—-

There appears to be greater repercussions from Trump quitting the SAG. Apparently news talk shows guests on current networks are made temporary SAG members, so he can’t appear on any big media networks. If Trump does start his own network, his employees and guests might likely be barred from SAG union work. I could see say if Ted Cruz appears on Trump network, then SAG might no longer allow Fox News to have Cruz on their shows anymore,

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Corpse wrote:
Obviously "cancel culture" is just being politized. Both sides play this game, and have for a very long time. It's just become more prevalent in the era of social media. It's not a Leftist idea, and it didn't begin with any single person or group.

What happened to Al Franken when that photo of him groping that woman surfaced, taken prior to him being elected? He resigned. The "argument" for Green not resigning has been over her actions and words occurring before she was elected. What happened when nude photos (from a disgruntled ex of all people) surfaced of Katie Hill along with the staffer affair reports? She resigned.

And now you have the GOP out in AZ, WY, and I believe one more state, censuring their own members and Congress reps for voting a certain way.

The right does the same thing.

Regardless of how congress acts, in the bigger picture it is obvious that censorship and illiberalism is far more popular on the left than the right at the moment eg. Dorsey and Zuckerberg couldn't name a single "liberal" account they've banned while there's been about a million conservatives expelled. For people on the left, your side now has a ravenous mob of people who thinks they need to hunt down and destroy all political opinions they disagree with, to pretend they're not there is no better than the right acting like Qanon doesn't exist

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:09 pm
The Kramer

The Dixie Chicks got cancelled for speaking out against the war in Iraq. They said that you should respect the President no matter what. Then those same people spent the next eight years calling Obama an undercover muslim from Africa who was hell bent on destroying America. :funny:

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:31 pm
Devil's Advocate

The Dixie Chicks got cancelled for speaking out against the war in Iraq. They said that you should respect the President no matter what. Then those same people spent the next eight years calling Obama an undercover muslim from Africa who was hell bent on destroying America. :funny:

In early 2000s the right had more censorship than the left eg. bible thumpers not liking rap lyrics, however it has flipped. Much like how in early 2000s the Republicans were the war party and now the Democrats are the war party.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:33 pm
The Kramer

How are the Dems the war party? In the last 40 years, only one war has been started by a Democratic president (Libya) and it ended in a few days. Meanwhile, the Pubs still haven't finished their last two wars and its highly likely we'd be bombing Iran right now if not for coronavirus.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:37 pm
The Kramer

And again lets rewind to the fact that Republicans now think someone who legitimately believes in jewish space lasers is less crazy than someone who believes the government could be doing more to help people. That is the party in a nutshell right now.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

How are the Dems the war party? In the last 40 years, only one war has been started by a Democratic president (Libya) and it ended in a few days. Meanwhile, the Pubs still haven't finished their last two wars and its highly likely we'd be bombing Iran right now if not for coronavirus.

The only comparison that really matters is Obama vs Trump and Trump was the more anti-war one, the current Democrats have more in common with Bush than Trump did and they've acted like it such as him being part of their gang at the inauguration, same for them being the ones who like McCain now. Biden also hired a ton of warmonger people. With that said if they press the gas on the war machine this might reset things in terms of conservatism being accepted again since patriotic good ol boys are needed for the military.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:07 pm
Cream of the Crop

The Dixie Chicks

They are called "The Chicks" now. Don't ever use the D-word again or terrible things might happen.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:33 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

GuybrushX McMurphy wrote:
The Dixie Chicks

They are called "The Chicks" now. Don't ever use the D-word again or terrible things might happen.
But if I said The Chicks were censured by Republicans that would only narrow it down to a couple billion people.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:22 am
Superfreak

Libs wrote:
Klan of Green Gables

:hahaha: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:04 am
Hatchling

Shack wrote:

The only comparison that really matters is Obama vs Trump and Trump was the more anti-war one, the current Democrats have more in common with Bush than Trump did and they've acted like it such as him being part of their gang at the inauguration, same for them being the ones who like McCain now. Biden also hired a ton of warmonger people. With that said if they press the gas on the war machine this might reset things in terms of conservatism being accepted again since patriotic good ol boys are needed for the military.

Well, propaganda works perfectly and, if necessary, on television, in social networks, young people will be given thoughts of the right content, with the right mood. And then we will get an army of volunteers who are negatively opposed to those who will be pointed out to them as an external or internal enemy.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:58 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Trump's defense team, somehow, managed a worse job than expected. I question if they purposefully failed to prepare anything.

Obviously not expecting a conviction here, but unless they get the bar off the floor, it could cost them a few votes. Cassidy looks like a potential conviction vote after day one. And if they don't get their defense out of the gutter, it's going to make some of those voting not to convict no matter what look pretty silly when they're up for reelection. Maybe a couple more won't even bother running for another term in 2022.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

This impeachment is mainly just a public shaming session

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:58 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:

Well if we’re gonna take Bush out of the equation then we may as well take Obama out too. When compared to only Joe Biden, Trump is the most militaristic president in history.

See how that works?

Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:

Well if we’re gonna take Bush out of the equation then we may as well take Obama out too. When compared to only Joe Biden, Trump is the most militaristic president in history.

See how that works?

The point is Trump's views are highly different than GWB, he almost made it into a different party. Biden OTOH is clearly Obama term 3.0

As I said GWB was not invited to RNC, but he was at Biden inauguration

Anyways, just wait a few months, sure looks like things will be going down in Syria. I would be happy if Biden proves me wrong

Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Devil's Advocate

Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

What is going on in this hearing? :lol:

"Mr. Emmer. Are you okay?" :funny:

"Is this a metaphor?" "I don't know but you can stand on your head."

"Can someone turn him right side up?"

And then people are talking about cats, and someone then says at least you're not a cat? :funny:

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

With all the outrage about everything these days, is the world finally ready to admit that Cuomo and other governors ordering covid patients into nursing homes (and now it appears covering it up) was one of the worst things anyone has done in years???

Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:04 pm
Hold the door!

I actually have seen a lot of left leaning accounts trashing on Cuomo for that lately. Encouraging.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:53 am
Sbil

Cuomo is a buffoon. I've thought that for a long time.

He initially impressed me with his response to the pandemic but I pretty quickly reversed that opinion.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:12 pm
Top Poster

Shack wrote:
With all the outrage about everything these days, is the world finally ready to admit that Cuomo and other governors ordering covid patients into nursing homes (and now it appears covering it up) was one of the worst things anyone has done in years???

I’ve been hearing about Cuomo, but I didn’t realize so many Democrat governors did the same thing. In California there’s been a big petition to recall Newsom, but there was no mention that he did this too. After I found out today I saw only one article about it here, as it seems there had been coordinated media blackout to protect the Democrats. https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/06/ ... ases-soar/

All of these governors need to be recalled. There is no justification for this other than to kill off likely Republican demographic voters and inflate the Covid spread and deaths for political reasons and extended profitable lockdowns.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

The Senate voted to allow witnesses after news broke yesterday that, according to Republican Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, minority leader of the House Kevin McCarthy told her that Trump had sided with the rioters during the time they stormed the Capitol.

Hours later, House impeachment managers and Trump's defense lawyers struck a deal to avoid summoning witnesses.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:18 pm
Defeats all expectations

I think the phone call in which Trump told Georgia election officials to "find the votes" he needed to win the state and to reverse the certified results was more damning evidence that Trump directly interfered with the election process and abused his presidential power to pressure state election officials. It was a very bad look for a democracy when a contestant in an election could attempt to overturn an election result like this and faced no consequences.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:34 pm
Devil's Advocate

It sounds like the Democrats were going to call witnesses but then the Republicans said that if they do that they were going to cross examine people like Pelosi. So they got scared off and decided not to.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 186  Next