Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.) 
The Dark Knight

Post Re: International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.)
BTW, what is SWIFT? I agree with Corpse. Please Stay Safe.

Spoiler: show
Corpse, I am sorry (also to everyone) that I have boiled you off. I just simply don't want this War to happen. I hated War Propaganda, because when I came to know Ukraine Story on taking down 6 Aircraft as fake (cited as game simulator) I felt cheated despite numerous of nation helping them.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:45 pm
The Kramer

Is the Ghost of Kyiv story totally fake though? Seems to me like someone heard the story, made the footage on a game and then released into the wild to see what would happen.

The same with Snake Island. You have this sequence of events: 1) Russian ships surround the island. 2) Ukranian transmission of Go Fuck Yourself 3) Russians shell island 4) Ukraine soldiers go dark. It's perfectly reasonable to come to the conclusion that they were killed. In reality, they probably didn't think the Russian ship would actually attack and thus the bravado. When it got real, they sobered up and surrendered. The soldiers being alive should be considered good news though - not proof that Putin is actually the good guy.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:54 pm
The Dark Knight

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Is the Ghost of Kyiv story totally fake though? Seems to me like someone heard the story, made the footage on a game and then released into the wild to see what would happen.

Everything was fake including death tolls. (yes it's somewhere near 1000 but not 4300 as Russian Sources have not given any figures). I know they are doing this to boost moral of Ukrainian that they can defeat the Russian Military but to be true, I am more concern about Nuclear Weapon usages by Putin, might be enough to trigger WWIII &also they planned to make ISS fall make me feel more worried at present.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

Also if you see any pictures of Zelensky wearing military gear or other things like kids watching Ukraine soldiers go to war, they're pretty much all from previous years

Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:48 pm
The Kramer

How do you know that the info you're receiving isn't just Russian propaganda?

Oh that's right, if the media says bad things about a conservative then they must be lying. Fake news. If they say bad things about a liberal then they are just doing their jobs. Quality journalism.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Seems like they're trying to drop a financial nuke on Russia, other than being reckless in terms of being treated like an attack, I'm not sure you can just limit the radiation to Russia...

The winner is China who now Russia has to turn to economically

Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:36 pm

Not sure. I think China is seeing how much a pain in the ass it is to take a country that refuses to be annexed in the modern era and is starting to think twice about Taiwan. If Ukraine is able to resist Russia this could a huge morale boost to countries in China’s sights.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:56 pm
Devil's Advocate

Attacking Taiwan sounds horrible and like China would be committing to its own army getting massacred on the way in but overwhelming them with sheer numbers.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:23 pm
The Dark Knight

Shack wrote:
Attacking Taiwan sounds horrible and like China would be committing to its own army getting massacred on the way in but overwhelming them with sheer numbers.

Taiwan case is sightly different as CCP considered it as an sovereign and integrated part of China. Therefore, they won't attack Taiwan, though they will try to pressure them for merger. As you all know that Taiwan is losing diplomatic relations with many countries at an faster rate!

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:24 am
The Dark Knight

Putin actions are wrong but does it justify what West did Soviet Union? I am really puzzled about it(༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)(༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)

Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:26 am
Devil's Advocate

WW3 theme song when the nukes are coming down

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:05 am
The Dark Knight

(✷‿✷)(✷‿✷)

Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:10 am
The Dark Knight

Never mind our neighborhood Chinese friends are heavily supporting Putin. I really don't know why!!!

From Weibo:
"If I were Russian, Putin would be my faith, my light"

“This is an exemplary speech of war mobilization.”

“Why was I moved to tears by the speech?”

Someone called Russian Military Operation as "Wolf Warrior 3"

Indeed, #putin10000wordsspeechfulltext got 1.1 billion views within 24 hours in Weibo.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:26 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The debate on NATO isn't some justification for Russia's invasion. NATO AND Russia agreed it was the freedom of sovereign states to choose their own security arrangements. And Ukraine wants to join NATO. Putin has no say here, or rather, no decisions here. Because he can cry and moan like a child not getting his way all he likes, throw out threats like a sad bully, and whatever else he thinks of in that tiny mind of his, but he is ultimately voiceless here.

This isn't a "special military operation" (even calling it this when you cross the border with military forces if hilarious) when many different parts of the country are being attacked and civilians are being killed. Anyone trying to find justification here is essentially a warmonger.

If Putin didn't support poisoning political rivals, or arresting journalists who criticize him, or care about who someone kisses, or firing judges, among many other violations, perhaps he could have worked on building a better relationship with NATO, and both he and the world would be in a better place. But he's made his choice clear here.

All this has done is further unite the world against Russia (Putin), and more countries look to join NATO (and EU) as a result. And who wouldn't want to join now when Russia (Putin) is willing to invade them, unprovoked? Let's say Russia (Putin) extends itself further and manages to take Ukraine just out of sheer numbers because their military strategy, their troop morale, etc., is being proven to be humiliatingly bad, a global embarrassment for Putin and his generals (I can only assume Putin sits 50 feet away from everyone now so they don't see the embarrassment on his face--his Botox injected face probably really glows when red), that only numbers give them an advantage.

Sweden and Finland are almost certainly going to join NATO (they may already anyway) now, too, as is their choice. Putin will cry and threaten them, especially Finland, and threaten to send troops (at the cost of likely losing Ukraine, because they're not backing down and will retake their home at some point) or rather, he'll pussy out again and threaten to nuke them. But again, he has no voice in these matters.

Russia remaining on the UN Security Council is going to be challenged after this (or during this, rather). Much of the world, most of the world, has moved beyond this nonsense and are coming together.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:18 am
Profile WWW

Well everyone except China and Turkey, the former of which will likely never side directly with the West on these matters for the foreseeable future

Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:16 pm
The Dark Knight

I am always a critics of US. I don't know why many consider Putin action as War Criminal when US killed Libya Presidential Candidate, raged war across Gulf Nation & Africa, killing more than 10M people. I know there are people who saw the news that Ukraine was attacked by Russia and likewise started supporting the Ukrainian but people who are following geo-politics for a long time, understand & support Putin decision.

Corpse, My opinion differs much from yours. But, I didn't forget much of the fact that Japanese Imperial Army (JIA) was torn by two atom bomb that was directed towards the civilian not the military, ending World War II. I remain quite affected that they never plead an apology, though JIA only attacked Pearl Habour where American Troops were stationed to attack the Empire of Japan. If today, I asked my US collegues, about it. They would say "It's was an utmost need to use Nuclear Tools. Let's just forget what happened back then." Astonishing me that Every American Government decision on War was right!!!

And about NATO, I don't fear about their expansion and existence but NATO, EU &US are the prime reason for this War. For Asian who have read the history of NATO understand it's full form as "North Atlantic Terrorist Organisation". Indeed, in 1991/1994 (I forgot the year) Russia applied for joining NATO but They rejected the application to make themselves a group which for the greater interest is to tear Russia into pieces. Also NATO is known for bringing coup d'etat in a number of countries in Europe to have their own favourable leader ruling over a particular country.

I still read books, my most critical points that my teachers taught be way back that US was the main reason for Soviet Union collapse. The same group that US formed, again attacked back US in September 2001. When Trump got elected back in 2016, I thought US might undergone much changes like he met Kim (North Korea) for talks to stop Nuclear threats. I like him very much to the point of truth he says every time. But, when Biden elected, gave up Afghanistan &left more than $5 trillion worth of weapons to Taliban.

But, actually irony is where Western Media would says US invasion of Serbia as "Bringing Serbs to heels" and Russian Military Operation as "The return of History". Moreover, I understand now better why my friends asked me not to use Facebook &Twitter. Also, I have understand now the need of having social platform not controlled by America.

At the end, I don't care who is right or wrong but I just want war to stop. Just saying it multiple times that Russia already has two powerful nuclear countries at their back. I don't care how many sanction West may applies but at the end, it doesn't affects Putin fortune at all. (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:01 am
The Dark Knight

I really can't forget history. It's now time to change. I perfectly understand why Chinese are critics of West!!!

What ever it might be let's pray that "No Nuclear Weapons are used"

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:07 am
Devil's Advocate

Hopefully peace talks stick, Ukraine agreeing to be neutral with NATO and giving up Donbass separatist region if that's what it would take seems like a better deal than Russia taking over their country.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:47 am
The Dark Knight

Russia made a Strong Statement:

"We didn't go to US Borders,
US came to our borders."

(☉。☉)!(☉。☉)!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:54 am

Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
Russia made a Strong Statement:

"We didn't go to US Borders,
US came to our borders."

(☉。☉)!(☉。☉)!

The US sticking by their allies is a good thing. Leave it to Putin to spin a good, honorable thing as bad to justify his war to try and booster Russia’s power.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:44 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Maybe there is some miscommunication here. I'm not arguing that West = good / East (or Russia) = bad. I'm absolutely not in favor of past wars started by any country, regardless of their placement on the map. The map, West & East, is just an illusion; they're all the same.

Japan has been the only country that has suffered from a nuclear attack, yet today they and the U.S. are very close. Almost 90% of the public in both countries have favorable views of one another. You'll find a higher percentage of Americans hating/disapproving of America than you would Japanese. Was it wrong of America to use nukes on Japan? Yes, obviously. Many innocent people were killed (perhaps 200,000+ civilians).

But they reconciled soon after and their relationship grew stronger over the years. Fighting just breeds more fighting. War just breeds more war. You need to break the cycle. The U.S. and Japan have with one another, years and years ago. This doesn't mean that the Japanese forgive the U.S., many have never asked for an apology because it'll just steer the ship back into that cycle.

Back to the current events, and more on topic:

Essentially, any country that invades another country, unprovoked, is wrong. America included. And right now, Russia invaded Ukraine unprovoked and are wrong in doing so (you can argue all you want--not you, specifically--but no one invaded or attacked Russia to "justify" them invading Ukraine). Expanding NATO isn't an act of war. You can disagree with it, but it doesn't give justification to actually start a war yourself. As such, they're facing the consequences of their actions (or Putin's, rather). And it's not just NATO that's uniting against them. Countries all over the world are.

Hopefully, this global unification against an aggressor who invaded a sovereign nation is a prelude of similar behavior moving forward against any country that decides to attack and invade another. West, East, whatever. If someone attacks another unprovoked, they need to be rallied against.

If it wasn't clear (since I have the Japan Box Office thread), I live in America (very, very rural America at that). And America has loads of problems. They're not this magical wonderland of freedom and democracy. I even think we've already hit the peak of our country's experiment (in my lifetime), and believe it'll go through many, many years of ups and downs where a more long-term rise/decline is undetermined over the next several decades.

There is a big personal difference here, of course: If I lived in Russia, I'd probably be dead. So I am thankful that I was lucky to be born where I was.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:05 pm
Profile WWW

You’ll find very few Americans who supported the War in the Middle East these days outside of perhaps the assassination of Bin Laden.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:40 pm
The Dark Knight

498 casualties from Russian side since Feb 24. So, 6000 killed was a fake news from Ukrainian News Outlets! Please be careful while following @KyivIndependent. Much of the information are written wrong.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:01 pm
The Dark Knight

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
You’ll find very few Americans who supported the War in the Middle East these days outside of perhaps the assassination of Bin Laden.

Bid Laden Case was slightly different. Of course, we can not let a Terrorist live a longer life when they have killed many people with their radical and human-less mind (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

To Corpse: My Statement wasn't directly address to you. But, I want to say that Western Media has never considered Invasion done by US, or NATO bombing on Yugoslavia as War Crime. I have added Time Magazine as difference between US invasion of Serbia &Russian Operation at Ukraine.

To be more genuine, I am neither supporting Ukraine nor Russia but criticising how West are concluding the results though everyone knows history that not only Russia committed War Crimes but a no of West Countries have attacked many Third World countries, so they should also be considered as doing War Crimes (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

Never mind, but don't take my words in your heart. I just want peace &war to stop. Other than that, I don't want Nuclear Weapons to be used again. That's all. I had a great debate here & I must say that I have learn a lot ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:15 pm

I believe members of the Bush administration had been called forth to have war crimes placed on their shoulders back in the 2000s. America was heavily criticized during that era.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next