Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Who Will Be President? 

Who will be the next President?
Hilary Clinton 65%  65%  [ 30 ]
Donald Trump 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Someone Else 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 46

Who Will Be President? 
ha ha, charade you are

Post Re: Who Will Be President?
Corpse wrote:
Floydboy wrote:
I am fairly confident in a Clinton win, and I think the electoral map will look exactly as 538/Xiayun have it. My only concern, again, is that the Democrats need to flip 4 seats to be able to take control of the senate. They have Illinois in the bag, Wisconsin is likely, and Nevada is probable. Where is the other one coming from? NC, NH, or MO? I really thought MO was going to be it, but the polls have tightened quite a bit. I think FL is a long shot.

PA. Please, PA. I've been assisting with voter registration in Pittsburgh, Greensburg, and Washington since mid-September, and a victory here would be so satisfying.

McGinty has the slight advantage in the polls, and a Clinton win in PA would certainly help her. She was with the Clintons and Obamas at their PA event tonight.

I don't know if there's any data released yet, but the PA senate race has to be the most expensive, or one of the most expensive, ever. I wouldn't be shocked if the race exceeds $200 million.

Ahhh PA. That is the other state. I was thinking that it was in the same boat as NC, NH, and MO. PA has a smaller Latino population. It will be more dependent on African-Americans and college-educated Caucasians.

It would be awesome to flip all 4. They need just one though.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:53 pm
Wallflower

Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:
Excel wrote:
I could not think higher of O or Michelle.

If Trump wins, I want O in 2020. I am serious. Fuck term limits.

I wish Michelle would run for president. She's one classy lady.

God. Please no.

I mean, you're ok with a black president. Maybe even a woman president. But a black, woman president?!?

LOLFUCKTHAT, amiright?!

:hahaha: :hahaha:

Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:42 pm
Sbil

I don't understand how zwackerm finds Michelle Obama annoying but whatever. She's arguably the most popular First Lady in history so that's the exception rather than the norm.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:44 pm
Wallflower

Libs wrote:
I don't understand how zwackerm finds Michelle Obama annoying but whatever. She's arguably the most popular First Lady in history so that's the exception rather than the norm.

Agreed. Makes no sense.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:08 pm
Hold the door!

Most young people dislike her for her useless cafeteria nutrition rules. Rather than serving healthier foods in the lunch line, there is a caloric limit which schools compensate for by shrinking the portions. And they can serve whatever junk they want in the linchpins, but they got rid of all the good snacks.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:37 pm
Hold the door!

Most young people dislike her for her useless cafeteria nutrition rules. Rather than serving healthier foods in the lunch line, there is a caloric limit which schools compensate for by shrinking the portions. And they can serve whatever junk they want in the linchpins, but they got rid of all the good snacks.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:38 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Most young people? You mean the millennials who love her?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Chippy wrote:

I think he is referring Generation Z

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:41 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:

There is a hashtag on Twitter. People post pictures of gross school lunches and say #thanksmichelleobama.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Voted this morning. I'll probably always vote on election day versus voting early (if able), it's just a personal preference.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

MadGez wrote:
Cruz will do very well in South Carolina. Its going to be close between him and Trump there but he's likely to win it or barely get beaten. Its still a long battle for the nomination even though it looks like Trump will get it.

Rubio is done. He was the only establishment hope left in the game but after the last week its over for him.

Clinton/Sanders well thats a coin toss. Looks to me that Clinton will never be President. The fact that she's not a shoe-in among women and liberals says alot about her popularity or lack of it. She was supposed to be the natural candidate in 08 and again this year but even her own cant warm to her.

:shades:

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:06 am
now we know

Proud to be one of the six that predicted Trump would win.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

#MAGA

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:24 am
Cream of the Crop

Recap of my thoughts on the election:

tree and a half wrote:
Jiffy wrote:
Michael Moore's 5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win raises some terrifyingly compelling points.

Good, albeit depressing, read.

tree and a half wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Trump is a fucking mess. He's full blown batshit crazy. He's bombing EVERY DAY.

It's been working for the past year, why would he change now?

tree and a half wrote:
The demolition of the Republican party by Trump's nomination is exactly the result many people are hoping to see if they vote for him for president. The dismantling of a corrupt system run by corporate money rather than true democracy and perpetuated by the false choice of the two party system. Those believing Trump's lack of logic and grace are a lock for his failure in the coming election are severely misdiagnosing the broader illness that infects America.

tree and a half wrote:
FILMO wrote:
Trump and Clinton do not care about people. They are both (though Trump way more) narcissistic pieces of shit. Choose between devil and devil and get fucked. Wake up.

A quote attributed to Benjamin Franklin from the movie Indignation which I recently watched:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch."

tree and a half wrote:
Quote:
this is going to be a bloodbath
Quote:
This might really be the point of no return.

It's hubris like this that's going to get Trump elected in November.

tree and a half wrote:
After the debates get underway, it will become much easier to call the outcome of the election, so I'm going to make my prediction now: Donald Trump is going to be the next president of the United States. It is simply a continuation of the populist trend fostered by corporate media. True democracy ended year ago.

tree and a half wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:
holding ridiculous signs protesting Trump and saying every swear word in the book at his supporters

He's got a point there. The childishness of the debate in this election is off the charts. It would be a simple task to dismiss Trump using simple facts and basic sources without resorting to the levels of namecalling and insults by both supporters and the media that are all too evident in this election. As Proverbs 26:4 encourages,"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.".

tree and a half wrote:
The FBI have got it in for Clinton. I'm standing by my September 25th prediction - Trump FTW.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:31 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

nghtvsn wrote:
#MAGA

You did call it months ago.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:48 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Well, it wasn't exactly difficult to call. In a two-horse race, one has to win.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:51 am
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Algren wrote:
Well, it wasn't exactly difficult to call. In a two-horse race, one has to win.

Yes but it was two broken down nags.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:59 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Kanye West 2020

It starts here. :funny:

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

I love the smell of burnt snowflakes in the morning.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:23 am
Cream of the Crop

tree and a half wrote:
After the debates get underway, it will become much easier to call the outcome of the election, so I'm going to make my prediction now: Donald Trump is going to be the next president of the United States. It is simply a continuation of the populist trend fostered by corporate media. True democracy ended year ago.

[originally posted September 25, 2016]

This time I'm making my prediction in July:

Donald Trump is going to be re-elected in November 2020.

The "liberal elite" media and individuals have been wasting the past four years on puerile insults directed at Trump's physical and verbal traits rather than leveraging their higher levels of education to rationally criticize his policies. Polarization sells. Personally, I had to give up watching the late night talk shows because of the juvenile level they have sunk to in this regard. Here's an example of the same approach from one of KJ's own educated members:

tree and a half wrote:
Groucho wrote:
The idea of Trump curing cancer is about as absurd as imagining him flapping his tiny hands and flying into the sky.

I'm no fan of Trump, but this level of petty physical insult reminds me of the most cowardly bullies of grade school.

[originally posted July 27, 2017]

Worse, this type of put-down is extended to Trump's supporters, who like it or not make up approximately half the population of the US. Attempting to humiliate your opponent in an argument is not a winning strategy, but rather it galvanizes the opposition into action. Think "basket of deplorables".

tree and a half wrote:
The sore losers in this election are starting to make the sore losers from Obama's election look not so bad now.

How long until the US goes full Sunni v Shiite?

[originally posted January 12, 2017]

Sadly, this is already well under way, and November's results are really going to kick it into high gear.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:11 am
Hold the door!

Biden will get significantly less votes than Hillary do it really depends on how many votes Trump retains. I’d lean the odds in his favor though

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:36 am
The Kramer

I personally don’t see how anyone could live through the year 2020 and think four mores year of this is what’s best for America.

It probably won’t matter anyways. Trump will contest the election if he loses. And since his cult believes everything he says, even when there’s evidence to the contrary, they will stick by him as he transitions to Supreme Leader. So we’re all fucked either way.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:55 am
Devil's Advocate

Trump

- I'm picking against the "no passionate turnout" candidates (Kerry, Romney, Hillary, etc.) until one of them proves me wrong, and Biden is the definition of someone people will be staying home for, especially in covid conditions. Not buying that "people voting against Trump will make up for people having less reason to vote for Biden". This was the 2004 strategy and for Bush turnout won over anti-Bush. Berniebros end up flaccid for this candidate once again. To build a real "anti-Trump" vote you would have needed a message along the lines of "return to normalcy". But with the Democrats pushing the protests and lockdowns basically ruined that message.

- One of the reasons Bernie lost the last two primaries is under 30 voters aren't good at voting. So I question the strategy for Biden to be supporting the young radical left, both a small group and one not good at voting, compared to the middle strategy. Normally you're supposed to move to the middle in the general, not move left.

- Biden's biggest thing against Hillary is way less people are voting against him (there was as much anti-Hillary votes last time as anti-Trump), however Kamala who is semi-leaked as VP, hurts some of that. She taps into one of the most powerful forces in the US, misogyny, and comes off as a politician type personality who's saying what will get her elected not what she believes. Going from tough prosecutor to defund the police and from attacking Biden for being racist to his ally is not the most genuine.

- Now my bold prediction: Trump makes gains with black voters and latinos. The BLM protests leads to a resurgence of black conservatives who feel this is hurting black neighbourhoods and don't like all this attention on their skin color. Yes they will still be outnumbered by far by Democrat voters, but if Trump went from 8% to 15% for example, the election is over. The Democrats only direction they could go with black voters was down and this may have opened the door. Latino communities can be racist towards black people (how many Mexican comedians have made jokes about how racist they are towards blacks?). They were bombarded with messaging that Trump hates them last time and still voted 29%. Among religious black and latino voters they both are less likely to align with the woke due to there being more anti-LGBTQ views, and BLM has attacked churches.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:17 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I personally don’t see how anyone could live through the year 2020 and think four mores year of this is what’s best for America.

It probably won’t matter anyways. Trump will contest the election if he loses. And since his cult believes everything he says, even when there’s evidence to the contrary, they will stick by him as he transitions to Supreme Leader. So we’re all fucked either way.

Yeah because 2020 is Trumps fault.

It’s rich when Democrats talk about Trump questioning the election when they still haven’t accepted the loss from 4 years ago.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:18 pm
The Kramer

He cut the pandemic response team and has chosen to value his own hunches over scientific and medical experts. The man prioritizes his own image over everything and encourages the people to do the same. I don’t blame him for the first hundred thousand deaths, but the second hundred thousand are definitely on him. As are the secret police throwing people into unmarked vans. And saying “black people should learn their history or risk going back to it.” And this is just from the last week.

This really doesn’t even feel like debating politics anymore. So I’ll just go back to this:

-The anti-christ will be a man who is exceptionally arrogant and will be known for giving boastful speeches
-The anti-christ will be someone known for making public threats against people
-the anti-christ will be someone who is obsessed with winning
-The anti-christ shall worship the god of border walls
-The followers of the anti-christ shall show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

And now Sparrow can lock the thread. :)

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next