Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next
 Who Will Be President? 

Who will be the next President?
Hilary Clinton 65%  65%  [ 30 ]
Donald Trump 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Someone Else 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 46

Who Will Be President? 
A very honest-hearted fellow

Post Re: Who Will Be President?
Libs wrote:
Caius wrote:
I mailed in my ballot today. Straight Republican except at the top and for stupid "non-partisan" offices. At least I have four more years of Trump claiming he has the GOP mantle after he loses to Hillary but with, perhaps, more electoral votes than Romney had versus Obama.

What state are you in, if I may ask?

Washington state.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The new poll out of NH has Clinton up by 11 there.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

xiayun wrote:

What? Where?

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:22 am
Extraordinary

I lost my mail in ballot. UGH, I really hope it's somewhere in my house, guess I have to use a provisional ballot on Tuesday. What a mess.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:05 am
Extraordinary

xiayun wrote:

that is great. New Poll out of Michigan has her up by 5 which is encouraging as well.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Trump has no chance. Everyone can relax.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:13 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

He never had a chance. Only stupid people and those who like (rather than tolerate) him thought differently.

These are the same dumb people that think 4-0 in the preseason means a Super Bowl is around the corner.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:32 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Trump has no chance. Everyone can relax.

When you're older and actually care about your future, you will stress.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:06 am
Sbil

One more day, y'all. ONE MORE DAY. I can't even remember what my life was like before this nightmare dumpster fire of an election paralyzed America.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:22 am
The Original

Calm down LIBS. Clinton will win.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:24 pm
Sbil

FILMO wrote:
Calm down LIBS. Clinton will win.

I am calm. I'm just ready for it to be over.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:27 pm
ha ha, charade you are

I am fairly confident in a Clinton win, and I think the electoral map will look exactly as 538/Xiayun have it. My only concern, again, is that the Democrats need to flip 4 seats to be able to take control of the senate. They have Illinois in the bag, Wisconsin is likely, and Nevada is probable. Where is the other one coming from? NC, NH, or MO? I really thought MO was going to be it, but the polls have tightened quite a bit. I think FL is a long shot.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:35 pm
Extraordinary

Excel wrote:
xiayun wrote:

What? Where?

That was from University of New Hampshire, a B+ rated pollster by 538.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Floydboy wrote:
I am fairly confident in a Clinton win, and I think the electoral map will look exactly as 538/Xiayun have it. My only concern, again, is that the Democrats need to flip 4 seats to be able to take control of the senate. They have Illinois in the bag, Wisconsin is likely, and Nevada is probable. Where is the other one coming from? NC, NH, or MO? I really thought MO was going to be it, but the polls have tightened quite a bit. I think FL is a long shot.

I have them pick up IL, WI, PA, NV, and NH. MO and NC remain possibilities, but more likely to come up just short. Indiana seems to be a long shot now.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Even people here, thousands of miles away, are ready for this mess to be over.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

We really need to truncate the campaigning season (idk how feasible that is).

The toll this long slog has taken on our collective psyche is just too much.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:01 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah I think we shall all breathe a sigh of a relief. This is easy the worst election since 1968. If you take out the 68 convention, you would have to go back to 1860 to find a election that was worse.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Jiffy wrote:
We really need to truncate the campaigning season (idk how feasible that is).

The toll this long slog has taken on our collective psyche is just too much.

How would it work? The candidates need to be vetted, and too many think anything "new" is preferable. The media is broken. They don't really address issues or do investigative reporting much anymore. 6 weeks or 6 months would be too short for a stealthier Trump type authoritian or grifter.

Even if Hillary wins, I fear for this country. I met so many Stein curious, Evan McMullin, Johnson voters that didn't know shit about their candidates. I met a guy today that was leaning towards Trump over Clinton. He stated he thought Trump was a fool that can't be trusted with the nuclear codes, but he didn't want to pay extra taxes if Clinton won, because he claimed to make over 250k a year. I pay over $20k in taxes a year for his kids to go to one of the finest elementary schools in Virginia and we have no kids! Too many people are so selfish and only want government to work for them only. I live in one of the wealthiest counties in America and so many are willing to blow up their very comfortable lives to get out of paying their fair share in taxes or afraid some nefarious brown people are getting all the government goodies.

Sorry, I am fried from all the canvassing I have done. We have a great country, but we need to fix this insidious idea that taxes are theft, and the bubble of self-segregation among like minded individuals. Facts just don't seem to have the currency they deserve.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Floydboy wrote:

PA. Please, PA. I've been assisting with voter registration in Pittsburgh, Greensburg, and Washington since mid-September, and a victory here would be so satisfying.

McGinty has the slight advantage in the polls, and a Clinton win in PA would certainly help her. She was with the Clintons and Obamas at their PA event tonight.

I don't know if there's any data released yet, but the PA senate race has to be the most expensive, or one of the most expensive, ever. I wouldn't be shocked if the race exceeds $200 million.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:12 pm
Profile WWW

I agree with mdana on this one. Why are Americans so conditioned to see taxes as evil? I blame three sources that are embedded in the American development of its younger citizens:

The Roman tax-collector in the Bible
Robin Hood
The bastardized elementary account of the American Revolution

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 pm
Hold the door!

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I agree with mdana on this one. Why are Americans so conditioned to see taxes as evil? I blame three sources that are embedded in the American development of its younger citizens:

Robin Hood

Taxes are not evil, but the less taxes are, the better because it means people we self sustaining rather than relying on the government.

Zaccheus was a wee little man and a wee little man was he, he climbed up in a sycamore tree for the lord he wanted to see!

If Zaccheus is the roman tax collector you are talking about, he has an adorable song written about him.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:50 pm
Sbil

The Philly rally with the Clintons and the Obamas tonight was something else. I'm feeling nervous about tomorrow but also, in a weird way, serene. I have a good feeling.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:56 pm
now we know

Trump! Trump! Trump!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:

Robin Hood

Thank you. I was discussing my day of canvassing with my wife on Saturday night. She was saying she wished taxes were taken out without workers seeing the take out, so people wouldn't obsess over it so much. It is obviously impossible, but I get her point. They see FICA and have no idea what it is. Young people think they will not get SS. The right told my parents the same thing and me as well for decades. They are both collecting it now, and I am not that far from collecting it myself.

Taxes need to be seen as investments for infrastructure, education, and quality of life. They need to be fair and progressive. I got mine, and I should be privileged to help you to obtain yours, not I got mine and too bad for anyone else.

I need to get to bed for Thunderdome tomorrow. Turn Ks, Mo, or wherever you are currently living blue as well bad hombre.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:28 am
Profile WWW
now we know

The word "tax" is the problem. Change the word or give it an acronym and eventually it won't be a negative.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next