Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Who Will Be President? 

Who will be the next President?
Hilary Clinton 65%  65%  [ 30 ]
Donald Trump 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Someone Else 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 46

Who Will Be President? 
Sbil

Post Re: Who Will Be President?
Trump supporters are in a death cult. It's OK to admit it. The fact that you think things are fine in America right now under Trump's "leadership" really says it all.

I'm not here saying Biden is definitely winning, because anyone would be skittish after 2016, but turn off Fox News and stop getting your talking points from conservative media about the "leftist Antifa mobs burning down America" and remove your heads from Trump's ass.

Shack arguing that people will stay home because Biden is "boring." Do you not understand it's not all about a cult of personality? People WANT boring right now. This election is a referendum on Trump and his absolutely abysmal response to the pandemic. Pretending it's not is being straight up delusional. This is NOT the 2016 election, where Trump barely won over a candidate who was equally hated and didn't motivate anyone to vote. He is the incumbent now, and he is massively unpopular with the overall populace.

Biden is extremely popular with seniors and suburban women, whether you want to admit it to yourselves or not right now. The suburbs went for Trump in 2016. These voters have absolutely fled from him since. 2018 was not an aberration, even though Trump supporters conveniently want to ignore any of what happened 2 years ago when people voted.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:12 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
He cut the pandemic response team and has chosen to value his own hunches over scientific and medical experts. The man prioritizes his own image over everything and encourages the people to do the same. I don’t blame him for the first hundred thousand deaths, but the second hundred thousand are definitely on him. As are the secret police throwing people into unmarked vans. And saying “black people should learn their history or risk going back to it.” And this is just from the last week.

This really doesn’t even feel like debating politics anymore. So I’ll just go back to this:

-The anti-christ will be a man who is exceptionally arrogant and will be known for giving boastful speeches
-The anti-christ will be someone known for making public threats against people
-the anti-christ will be someone who is obsessed with winning
-The anti-christ shall worship the god of border walls
-The followers of the anti-christ shall show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

And now Sparrow can lock the thread. :)

You make it sound like Trump is saying he’s going to enslave them again. He was saying that if we erase the history of slavery it’s more likely that future generations will think it’s ok.

I fail to see how he’d be responsible for the first 100k, but not the Second. The streamlining of the pandemic response force would surely have had more effect on the beginning of the pandemic. And it really seems to me like its the fault of the governors opening too quickly that led to a spike, nothing Trump did.

There’s not a guarantee that Hillary would have handled a pandemic better, and there are other issues than the pandemic that go into voting anyway.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:34 pm
Hold the door!

I don’t think things are fine in America, but I don’t think it’s a Trumps fault and I don’t think it would be better under a Democrat. But you’re not here to discuss things, you’re here to name call and belittle so we can stop now.

Flava’d I think is a decent human being, but Libs only comments anymore to crucify conservatives, so I have no respect for her.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:37 pm
Anyone bending over backwards to explain away how the dumpster fire that is America has nothing to do with Trump is obviously being intellectually dishonest, but that's got to be expected. He's been a garbage president and history will reflect that, no doubt about it, so perhaps those who still count themselves among his supporters will *one day* realize what fools they were but it absolutely won't be before November if nothing up to now has changed their mind. Also, I can't imagine Libs gives a shit whether some conservative teenager on the internet respects her--I certainly wouldn't ;)

Anyway, I think/hope Biden will win so we can move on to the next stage of Trump contesting the election/being dragged out so we can *finally* get to a post-Trump America at some point in 2021. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if things go the other way--Democrats are *excellent* at tripping over their own feet en route to the finish line.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:42 pm
Hold the door!

See I think Trump is a lackluster president but I think Biden would be worse hence why I will vote for Trump. Not because I think he hasn’t made mistakes.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:52 pm
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
Flava’d I think is a decent human being, but Libs only comments anymore to crucify conservatives, so I have no respect for her.

I'll live...

But blame Trump for this divisive rhetoric that has ensnared American culture. I'm from Virginia, went to college here, and still live here, so I've been around plenty of Republicans in my life.

Back in the 90s and early 2000s, there were more Republicans than there were Democrats here in the state. And people knew how to respectfully disagree with each other. My friends were Republicans. It was fine. That civility is now gone, and most of those people are now not the Republicans we know in 2020.

I simply can't support anyone who condones the things this president does. I'm not name-calling, I'm acknowledging the facts. History has its eyes on you, as they say in Hamilton.

In terms of commenting on KJ otherwise...what else is there to talk about? This is a dead forum. We're in a pandemic. There are no movies.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 pm
Devil's Advocate

Libs wrote:
Back in the 90s and early 2000s, there were more Republicans than there were Democrats here in the state. And people knew how to respectfully disagree with each other. My friends were Republicans. It was fine. That civility is now gone, and most of those people are now not the Republicans we know in 2020.

This is true, but the main reason for the decline in civility is the left.

Why can’t an SJW and MAGA hat wearer sit down and have a conversation at the bar? The SJW. It’d be lucky to get to that point without the SJW having an emotional freakout at seeing a MAGA hat wearer, starting a physical confrontation or trying to get them kicked out.. If they actually sat down, they would last about a minute before getting offended and calling the Trump supporter a racist.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:04 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

As long as this thread has healthy discussion it's great, so please do not get personal. Keep the discussion clean and focused towards your points/arguments without saying things about individual posters.

- Who posts what and where in this forum is out of this discussion
- Whom you like or dislike is completely out of topic
- Which side one prefers is obvious from discussions so don't use those as arguments to dismiss someone's point of views (either add another argument or just start a new conversation)
- If a post takes a jab about an individual poster just ignore that post (Please. I know it's difficult but it's not worth replying or continuing that argument)
- What background one comes from should not be mocked or made fun of in any way
- No personal attacks or name calling, not even making fun in a light manner for this thread (because it's a highly sensitive thread)

I'm not pointing fingers on anyone with this post. I think the discussion thus far have been clean enough but bordering towards hostile. This being sensitive subject please tread carefully.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:03 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
And now Sparrow can lock the thread. :)

Hail Hitler!

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 pm
Forum General

I am so tired of the fighting. The political and racial divisions of this county have it in flames. We cannot have another 4 years with a president who is pouring gasoline on the fire. I think enough people realize this now and Biden will be president.

I'm curious if anyone can cite an example of Donald Trump taking resposibility for any mistake ever. He always tries to pin it on someone else or contradicts facts to make himself look better. I myself cannot think of an example of him saying he made a mistake.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

zwackerm wrote:
I think Biden would be worse

Worse in which way?

Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:21 pm
Sbil

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1288824939710238723?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0389558273

So Trump immediately floats delaying the election as a distraction technique after catastrophic economy numbers from the GDP report. This man is a danger to democracy.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 am
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:

So Trump immediately floats delaying the election as a distraction technique after catastrophic economy numbers from the GDP report. This man is a danger to democracy.

I thought he was suggesting delaying the election due to the pandemic? But I also thought he was moreso critical of mail in ballots.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 am
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
Libs wrote:

I thought he was suggesting delaying the election due to the pandemic? But I also thought he was moreso critical of mail in ballots.

Why is it crucial kids go back to school in person but the election should be delayed because of the pandemic?

I think you know the answer.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Either way, he probably should have checked with someone before tweeting that since the Speaker of the House (Pelosi currently) is sworn in as President in January in the event of a delayed election post-January 20th. Kind of a silly tweet, although I'm sure it's just meant to distract people from more serious concerns as usual. Just ignore him.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Libs wrote:

Why is it crucial kids go back to school in person but the election should be delayed because of the pandemic?

I think you know the answer.

I’m pretty sure he’s trying to point out hypocrisy if the Democrats are concerned about safety delaying the election is the safest option. He’s implying the democrats want mail in voting Because it’s more easy to commit fraud.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:51 am
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
I’m pretty sure he’s trying to point out hypocrisy if the Democrats are concerned about safety delaying the election is the safest option. He’s implying the democrats want mail in voting Because it’s more easy to commit fraud.

Come on man. You're smarter than this.

That is not what he's doing. He's a wannabe dictator using completely unfounded and unsubstantiated claims about the veracity of mail voting to distract from the absolutely horrible economic numbers that were released today.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:55 pm
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

Come on man. You're smarter than this.

That is not what he's doing. He's a wannabe dictator using completely unfounded and unsubstantiated claims about the veracity of mail voting to distract from the absolutely horrible economic numbers that were released today.

Those numbers weren’t a shock to anyone. Everyone knows the economy is in the toilet due to the pandemic. And of course mail in voting is very easily tampered with.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:16 pm
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
Those numbers weren’t a shock to anyone. Everyone knows the economy is in the toilet due to the pandemic. And of course mail in voting is very easily tampered with.

When you're being this purposefully obtuse there is no point in debating this.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

What Trump really wants is in person voting, this was just reverse psychology to make people support it more by acting like the alternative is delaying the election.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:57 pm
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

When you're being this purposefully obtuse there is no point in debating this.

I’m obtuse lol. There’s absolutely no way that mail in voting is less secure than in person voting?

Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:13 pm
100% That Bitch

oh zwackerm. thank you for giving me my daily laugh.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 am
On autopilot for the summer

I can't wait for someone to make a compilation of Trump's "Jokes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=OIts_HmSH7U&feature=emb_logo

Seriously guys. What the hell is wrong with youtube sharing? We have 3 options and none of them work anymore?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Thegun wrote:
I can't wait for someone to make a compilation of Trump's "Jokes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=OIts_HmSH7U&feature=emb_logo

Seriously guys. What the hell is wrong with youtube sharing? We have 3 options and none of them work anymore?

While sharing advanced features are not allowed on the forum like logo and time. Plus you need to remove the "s" in https. Here's your video fixed

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:15 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Ah that makes sense. The "s" thing has been around for years. youtube has changed quite a bit the last few months, facebook, instagram, etc. Didn't even think of the embedding issue. THANKS!

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next