Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Latest Political Matters USA edition. 
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Latest Political Matters USA edition.
Since Krem alluded to a lack of decent debate in the latest thread.

What are peoples views on the latest Supreme Court ruling on campaign contributions?

How much will the entire obamacare rollout influence voters in novermber?

Who is likely to win the GOP nomination for 2016 based on early running?

Fire away peeps.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:54 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Latest Political Matters USA edition.
In regards to the first question, I think it's idiotic. I realize saying "TAKE THE MONEY OUT OF POLITICS" is a little naive... but they really need to level the playing field. And this does the opposite.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:52 am
All Star Poster

Gulli wrote:
What are peoples views on the latest Supreme Court ruling on campaign contributions?

It was a horribly reckless decision that will make an already imbalanced oligarchy even worse.

Quote:

The rollout probably less than the law itself. Midterms are lower voter turnout elections, which means the voters who do get to the polls are more motivated (though not necessarily more informed). Low turnouts usually favor Republicans.

Because of all these factors, odds are increasing that Republicans will retake the Senate this year.

Quote:

It's still too early to say. There's a lot of buzz around Rand Paul right now, but I doubt he'll get it. It might be Paul Ryan. I've heard Jeb Bush might run. He'd be the safe bet if he does.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

CLIVEN BUNDY!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:42 pm
All Star Poster

Chippy wrote:
CLIVEN BUNDY!

Haha, just came here to post something about him. Boy, the right-wing media sure know how to pick their heroes. :)

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

I prefer AL BUNDY.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 am
Extraordinary

These should have been in individual threads. :thumbsup:

Gulli wrote:

Idiotic. It's based on two fictions: That money is speech and corporations are people. This attitude, coupled with gerrymandering, have ruined our country.

Gulli wrote:

Not much, actually. The GOP is already backing away from it, not saying "repeal" any more, and now just saying "adjust it" which is the same thing Democrats are saying. (The GOP's plan so far has been pretty much what Obamacare already is; they just want to take credit for it.)

Gulli wrote:

Too early to tell, really. Who would have predicted Obama two and a half years before the election?

Thu May 01, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

The Georgia Senate runoff races in early January 2021 will be critical toward maintaining GOP control. Imagine the amount of money poured into those campaigns. Will the Democratic candidates benefit from the momentum of a Biden win? Will the Republican base be reenergized?

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:08 pm
Romosexual!

I live in Georgia and definitely will be voting for the 2 democrats (Ossoff & Warnock) :D

#FUCKMITCHMCCONNELL

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:05 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Going to be close. I like Warnock's chances more than Ossoff's due to their respective opponents, but both are probably going to be decided by 1 or 2 points.

I wonder if Trump will go down and campaign for the Reps.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Warnock was largely untouched by negative ads. Republicans could win both Senate races. Unlikely the Dems win both but you never know.

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Both seats are favored to go Republican. Ossoff underperforming Biden (even if just slightly) is an early sign of an uphill battle, I believe. But yes, these two races are going to be EXPENSIVE and very close. It makes me wonder if the Dems or Reps will focus more on one or the other depending on how they shape in the coming weeks/months, too. Reps could be more inclined to focus more on a single race since they only need to retain one of them, but we'll see.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Corpse wrote:
Both seats are favored to go Republican. Ossoff underperforming Biden (even if just slightly) is an early sign of an uphill battle, I believe. But yes, these two races are going to be EXPENSIVE and very close. It makes me wonder if the Dems or Reps will focus more on one or the other depending on how they shape in the coming weeks/months, too. Reps could be more inclined to focus more on a single race since they only need to retain one of them, but we'll see.

Good point Corpse. David Purdue stands a better chance but I think Loeffler could indeed beat Warnock. He strikes me as a weak candidate who skated on weak opposition.

Both Houses will need to play nice so as to not provide ammo that could affect the GA senate races either way. Expect a quick resolution to the next coronavirus stimulus bill so that both sides can claim victory and translate that success to the respective GA campaigns.

Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:55 pm
Top Poster

I think there’s a chance that lawsuits from Trump may invalidate enough Dem ballots in GA to also push Perdue over 50%, thus eliminating that runoff. Then Warnock wins his runoff.

Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

This is unconstitutional so I hope doesn’t happen, but just to prove a point, I could see there being millions of fabricated ballots (some egregiously huge number on purpose) for the January 5 GA runoff election. Then the media and Democrats will be forced to acknowledge election fraud occurred, and throw January 6 declaration of US presidency into turmoil.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]