Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Why does OBAMA not want the US to follow the law????? 
Forum General

Post Why does OBAMA not want the US to follow the law?????
what is the problem with this?

if they are illegal kick them out! sorry but they broke the law. America doesn't let everyone in as we have quotas from some countries...and what if they have an illegal record, they can't come to the US.

God, we have so many problems here as we can't even take care of our own...besides the unemployment, look at the homeless....even yesterday on Yahoo, it talked about how the middle class of America was disappearing!!!!

and so what on the jobs that they have, either they will be picked up by others including the unemployed and the teenagers...or they will go unfilled and will take come time to fill them, slowly. Believe me this won't be a big problem it will take care of itself. Plus America is too fat, so they need to get some exercise.

and lastly maybe if we took some of the foreigh aid that we give to other countries and put it back to the US, who needs it, this country wouldn't be falling apart!

And LOL, why is the federal government bothered by the states actions, as they are doing nothing under do nothing Obama. Shit with 10 Million, you could find them with your eyes closed!!!!

SORRY OBAMA, BUT FOLLOWING THE LAW IS A GOOD START TO FIXING THE COUNTRY!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynewspoint/ynewspoint_ts3228

...part of article

The Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act (.pdf), known locally as SB1070, requires the police to question a person about their immigration status if there is "reasonable suspicion" that he/she is in the U.S. illegally. SB1070 also makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally, and cracks down on those sheltering, hiring and/or transporting illegal immigrants.

Supporters of the law say it will pressure the 10.8 million illegal immigrants living and working in the U.S. to leave. Critics say the law will lead to civil rights violations and racial profiling of Hispanics.

The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit (.pdf) against the state of Arizona, claiming the new law unconstitutionally interferes with the federal government's authority to set and enforce immigration policy. The case is currently before U.S. District Court Judge Susan Bolton, who may or may not grant the Obama administration's request for a preliminary injection. Six other federal lawsuits have also been filed to protest the law, The Washington Post reported.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Why does OBAMA not want the US to follow the law?????
Sky is falling; immigrants to blame.

Will the story ever change?

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:

Pretty Pathetic Krem.

No but we have to start with all problem areas. And this only would help for starters with unemployment, health benefits (in getting more people to work and off there butts) crime, etc.

Plus get more companies to operate properly instead of hiring these illegals.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 pm
Cream of the Crop

Grill wrote:
Krem wrote:

Pretty Pathetic Krem.

No but we have to start with all problem areas. And this only would help for starters with unemployment, health benefits (in getting more people to work and off there butts) crime, etc.

What would really help is getting a guest worker program on the books.

Reducing the supply of cheap labor increases costs for everyone and hurts the economy. I believe we went over this already here.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:00 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:
Grill wrote:
Krem wrote:

Pretty Pathetic Krem.

What would really help is getting a guest worker program on the books.

Reducing the supply of cheap labor increases costs for everyone and hurts the economy. I believe we went over this already here.

Supply and Demand, First More Jobs would be taken right away...as why do you so cluelessly ignore the fast food, babysititng jobs, nanny jobs, paperboy jobs that were always done by teenagers and others.....instead of the present illegals....

and then other jobs would either remain unfilled or the payroll for those jobs would have to be increased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you have to agree that getting unemployed legal americans and teenagers off of unemployment would be a good thing.

********* Especially since Obamas job creation act was a joke that only gave corporate america money to use in other ways, and not on job creation!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 pm
Cream of the Crop

Grill wrote:
Supply and Demand, First More Jobs would be taken right away...

You seem to not understand what 'supply and demand' means. When you reduce supply of something, that something becomes more expensive. In this case we're talking about labor.
Grill wrote:
as why do you so cluelessly ignore the fast food, babysititng jobs, nanny jobs, paperboy jobs that were always done by teenagers and others.....instead of the present illegals....

Most illegal immigrants work farm and construction jobs, not the ones you list. And like I explained to you before, the reason unemployment is higher among teenagers is due to hikes in minimum wage.

Grill wrote:
and then other jobs would either remain unfilled or the payroll for those jobs would have to be increased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to be grasping this whole supply and demand concept after all. When payrolls are increased due to government regulation, economy overall suffers.
Grill wrote:
and you have to agree that getting unemployed legal americans and teenagers off of unemployment would be a good thing.

It's not an either or thing. Illegal immigrants largely do not compete for the same jobs as unemployed or teenagers.

Besides, unlike you, I don't think of illegal immigrants as inferior human beings who do not deserve jobs.

Grill wrote:
********* Especially since Obamas job creation act was a joke that only gave corporate america money to use in other ways, and not on job creation!

I do agree that Obama's stimulus was ineffective, but that has nothing to do with illegal immigrants; it's just more red herring from you.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Forum General

Krem wrote:
Grill wrote:
Supply and Demand, First More Jobs would be taken right away...

You seem to not understand what 'supply and demand' means. When you reduce supply of something, that something becomes more expensive. In this case we're talking about labor.

* meant more jobs would be taken by the unemployed.

Grill wrote:
as why do you so cluelessly ignore the fast food, babysititng jobs, nanny jobs, paperboy jobs that were always done by teenagers and others.....instead of the present illegals....

Most illegal immigrants work farm and construction jobs, not the ones you list. And like I explained to you

before, the reason unemployment is higher among teenagers is due to hikes in minimum wage.

* nannies, babysitters, paperboys.....bet you are wrong, but anyway, there have to be some...and then on the farm/construction jobs, letting them work those jobs and letting the companies pay them lower wages, hurts everyone.

* first list what the 10 Million people do and then we can talk more about this...

Grill wrote:

You seem to be grasping this whole supply and demand concept after all. When payrolls are increased due to government regulation, economy overall suffers.

* well it would be an offset in the beginning as people would be getting more money for starters....as right now most people don't have enough money and need more.
Grill wrote:

It's not an either or thing. Illegal immigrants largely do not compete for the same jobs as unemployed or teenagers.

Besides, unlike you, I don't think of illegal immigrants as inferior human beings who do not deserve jobs.

* incorrect...first they are illegal! and as I said before, we can't even take care of our own...let them go elsewhere...plus they were never checked out in the past...

****** or do you believe we should just let everybody in who wants to ...as you have no problem with the 10 Million people who came in illegally!

Grill wrote:

I do agree that Obama's stimulus was ineffective, but that has nothing to do with illegal immigrants; it's just more red herring from you.

* Also what about how the middle class is disappearing and the feds not letting the states do anything on this problem, when the feds are ignoring the problem....and then the states have to deal with the mess.

* and what happens if we just let all 10 Million people become legal citizens. Can the country handle that as to all the benefits that would get....and at these higher costs, will all employers still be able to keep all of them.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:10 pm
Forum General

boy isn't Obama a trip (and wasn't immigration reform an election promise)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100730/ap_ ... g_congress

Agency weighs skirting Congress on immigration
Julie Hirschfeld Davis, Associated Press Writer
52 mins ago
WASHINGTON – The Obama administration, unable to push an immigration overhaul through Congress, is considering ways it could go around lawmakers to let undocumented immigrants stay in the United States, according to an agency memo.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:52 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

The world was not created with barriers, people should be able to move freely. Being born in the USA does not entitle you to anything, much less the piece of land beneath your feet.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:09 pm
Forum General

Waker of Winds wrote:
The world was not created with barriers, people should be able to move freely. Being born in the USA does not entitle you to anything, much less the piece of land beneath your feet.

Sorry that is not true. But if you believe that, send me your address and keys to your house as I would like to see if there is anything on your land that I would like to take for myself.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Grill wrote:
Waker of Winds wrote:

Sorry that is not true. But if you believe that, send me your address and keys to your house as I would like to see if there is anything on your land that I would like to take for myself.

Obviously you do not understand the difference between private property and freedom of movement.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:10 pm
Forum General

Waker of Winds wrote:
Grill wrote:
Waker of Winds wrote:

Obviously you do not understand the difference between private property and freedom of movement.

A pretty worthless reply. And using your words > Being born in the USA does not entitle you to anything > so were are you getting your views of private property from, and I know worldwide there are other places that restrict movement.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Being a member of a country does not entitle you to private property; money does. Also, please use proper grammar.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:54 pm
Forum General

Waker of Winds wrote:
Being a member of a country does not entitle you to private property; money does. Also, please use proper grammar.

Another worthless reply which ignores points.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:02 pm

You are not a very nice person.

Anyway, one needs private property for society to function as we know it, but people should be able to move freely from one country to another. Being able to migrate to another area freely does not mean one can also go in anyone's house and take anything, as you suggested.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:08 pm
Forum General

Waker of Winds wrote:

Anyway, one needs private property for society to function as we know it, but people should be able to move freely from one country to another. Being able to migrate to another area freely does not mean one can also go in anyone's house and take anything, as you suggested.

I asked a question based on your statement. And now I will ask another. How many counties don't have any restrictions on outsiders entering the country?

Can I just buy a plane ticket and get on a plane if I decided tonight that I wanted to live in the Spain, Russia or China, for example.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:43 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Argos wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement

Well finally a decent answer from you. Guess ignoring you has paid off.

But is that agreement really relevant, as is it a worldwide agreement that is still in effect today, otherwise it doesn't apply.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Grill wrote:
Waker of Winds wrote:

I asked a question based on your statement. And now I will ask another. How many counties don't have any restrictions on outsiders entering the country?

Can I just buy a plane ticket and get on a plane if I decided tonight that I wanted to live in the Spain, Russia or China, for example.

Why do you want me to answer a rethorical question? Or are you really not familiar with border and migration controls? Of course you can't move around the globe freely (well, within our "civilized" means of course, I'd imagine a canoe and a good pair of shoes could get you anywhere). But I think you should. I get this is not a viewpoint a lot of people may share, but it's something I believe in.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:50 pm
Forum General

Waker of Winds wrote:

OK, now I get it. So your first statement isn't reality but only something from your fantasy world.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:16 pm

I did say "should".

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

As If I could buy a full tray of 30 mangos from a gringos truck for only $10 or riped bag of 8 lbs of oranges for $3. God bless those documented(?) workers. If it isnt bought from a van or truck with a sticking lawnmower and leafblower, its not certified fresh. Screw those Ralphs and Vons grocery store with their porporri smell

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:48 am
Forum General

as expected the Feds can't handle these problems, and this illegal immigrant has been waiting 3 years to get deported....and now a nun is dead

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_ ... lsbGVnYQ--

Police: Illegal immigrant crashes, killing Va. nun
By Kathleen Miller, Associated Press Writer
4 mins ago

WASHINGTON – An illegal immigrant awaiting a deportation ruling has been charged with killing a nun and critically injuring two others in a drunken driving crash that has sparked criticism of how immigration enforcement is handled.

A local official in the Virginia suburb where the crash happened and a congressman from another state have criticized federal officials for not removing the suspect from the country after previous arrests, and even U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano questioned why his deportation was taking so long. A spokeswoman for the nuns' order, meanwhile, said they're upset that the tragedy is being politicized.

...article continues....

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:08 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
All nuns should be dead.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I wonder what words of stupidity I am missing above by having Argos on ignore....well really not at all and sure not enough to check what the fool posted.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next