Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Obama. How times are changing or maybe George Bush was right 

Compare Obama to George Bush
Obama 100% + better than George Bush! 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
Obama 90% better than George Bush! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Obama 80% better than George Bush! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Obama 70% better than George Bush! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Obama 60% better than George Bush! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Obama 50% better than George Bush! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Obama 40% better than George Bush! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Obama 30% better than George Bush! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Obama 20% better than George Bush! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Obama 10% better than George Bush! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
George Bush 100% + better than Obama! 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
George Bush 90% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
George Bush 80% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
George Bush 70% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
George Bush 60% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
George Bush 50% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
George Bush 40% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
George Bush 30% better than Obama! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
George Bush 20% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
George Bush 10% better than Obama! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

Obama. How times are changing or maybe George Bush was right 
Forum General

Post Obama. How times are changing or maybe George Bush was right
PART 2 > Obama. How times are changing or maybe George Bush was right.

JUST HEARD ON TV > IS IT A MAKE OR BREAK WEEK FOR OBAMA????? PLUS TALK ABOUT THE FUTURE DEBT BOMB THAT IS HEADED OUR WAY PLUS ALL OF THE THINGS THAT ARE STILL UNTOUCHED!> Don't want to bump up my first thread on how I was questioning how Obama seem to be going against his pre-election speeches in his early days as President. SO ALL WELCOME TO STATE THEIR OPINIONS!

SO IS OBAMA DOING AS THE PRESIDENT IN GENERAL???

AND

HOW IS HE DOES HE MEASURE UP AGAINST EX PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH???

PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN LIST ISSUES THAT YOU ARE HAPPY OR NOT HAPPY WITH???

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:43 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Obama. How times are changing or maybe George Bush was right
Since George W Bush was the worst president we've had, just about anyone would be better than him.

I certainly am not happy with everything Obama has done but comparatively speaking, there's no contest.

I mean, come on. Under Bush we had the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor, the worst depression since the Great Depression, the worst deficit ever in the history of the United States, the worst American national disaster with the worst federal response in history, the worst abuses of civil rights in generations, and the most corruption in the White House and Congress since Nixon. Even a mediocre President would look good after all that.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Groucho wrote:
Since George W Bush was the worst president we've had, just about anyone would be better than him.

I certainly am not happy with everything Obama has done but comparatively speaking, there's no contest.

I mean, come on. Under Bush we had the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor, the worst depression since the Great Depression, the worst deficit ever in the history of the United States, the worst American national disaster with the worst federal response in history, the worst abuses of civil rights in generations, and the most corruption in the White House and Congress since Nixon. Even a mediocre President would look good after all that.

OK, Thanks...Any other same/different viewpoints.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:32 pm
Forum General

Haven't read yet but seems like a great article discussing a number of points > Read and Comment if you want!

7 stories Obama doesn't want told > http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200911 ... tico/29993

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:12 am
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Under Bush we had the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor,

I know what you mean, but if you judge a president solely based on how he protected his country, then even FDR failed... :funny:

However unlike FDR, Bush was an epic fail of a war time president.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 am
Forum General

just interesting how very few of the supporters from the 1st thread aren't defending obama now.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:23 am
Extraordinary

Grill wrote:
just interesting how very few of the supporters from the 1st thread aren't defending obama now.

I'll defend him. He's doing a fine job. Do I agree with everything he's done? Of course not. Anyone who agrees with everything any President ever does is a sychophant who can't think for themselves. I didn't agree with everything he said during the campaign, either. I still feel that he was the best candidate running.

To even imagine that in the annals of history that GWB won't be down in the bottom 5 of all US Presidents is silly.

Your post was a comparison. There is no comparison. GWB is a clown compared to just about every other President, Obama included.

If you want to start a post about Obama, I'll be glad to point out where I disagree with him, but that wasn't this thread.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

Obama imo is mostly all talk and no action.
Appeals to people's hopes and dreams, but does nothing to fulfill them.
Is making America popular again, but his appeasement of everyone is unsettling and the Chinese and Russians are laughing behind our backs.

Pretty much Obama will bring America back on track, but he will bring back America back its glory days.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:33 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Groucho wrote:

Obama isn't doing ANYTHING differently.

Extraordinary rendition, secret prisons and torture, two pointless (not to mention ILLEGAL and IMMORAL) Wars, "Executive Privilege," federal spying on citizens, an INCREASED military budget and an ever INCREASING deficit.... all A-Okay with Obama! And apparently, okay with Obama's supporters, as long as it's not W committing the crimes. That spells hypocrisy in my book.

In addition, he's overseen the greatest transfer of wealth from the working classes to the already wealthy this country has ever seen. The United States Government is a fully owned subsidiary of Wall Street.

He's a fucking corporate stooge as much as the last guy. And now the Federal Government is trying to FORCE people to buy over-priced health insurance... what a win for the people!

Talk about a one-termer. People are going to be disappointed with his bullshit as our socioeconomic system CONTINUES to CRUMBLE... give them a little spook, and Voila!! President Palin and ever-creeping fascism.

It's great to be an American.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:51 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Immoral?

Aren't morals just a personal perspective?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:06 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Sure. If you'd like, you can scratch that word from my post to match your perspective.

In my opinion, our continued violent presence in the Middle East is immoral. And Obama will do nothing to stop these wars. Hence, I am disgruntled.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:32 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Sorry that obama has not been able to please every need of the americans in less than a year in office :(

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:18 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Steve might not know that Obama, in spite of his image, is not really a superhero.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:34 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Steve wrote:
Obama isn't doing ANYTHING differently. (blah blah rest of tirade deleted)

That's just ridiculous. While I agree that I don't like the fact that he hasn't done enough, to compare the 5% of abuses Obama is doing to the 100% Bush was doing shows a lack of knowledge or a not-very-well-hidden bias. Do I wish all the subterfuge had ended when Obama took over? Of course. Am I upset with him for not going far enough? You bet. But that doesn't mean I think there is no difference between Obama and Bush.

Your claim that Obama is overseeing "the greatest transfer of wealth from the working classes to the already wealthy this country has ever seen" is also faulty; he's lowered taxes on the middle class and tried to increase them on the wealthy. (Congress does stand in his way, you know). Unlike Bush, he gave stimulus money with requirements and conditions, such as having to pay it back (most already have) and limits on corporate salaries.

By the way, I like the way you criticize him for helping the rich and powerful while also criticizing him for trying to get affordable health care for the poor and uninsured. But, who needs consistency and logic when you've got a good rant going, hm?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Groucho wrote:
Steve wrote:

That's just ridiculous. While I agree that I don't like the fact that he hasn't done enough, to compare the 5% of abuses Obama is doing to the 100% Bush was doing shows a lack of knowledge or a not-very-well-hidden bias. Do I wish all the subterfuge had ended when Obama took over? Of course. Am I upset with him for not going far enough? You bet. But that doesn't mean I think there is no difference between Obama and Bush.

Your claim that Obama is overseeing "the greatest transfer of wealth from the working classes to the already wealthy this country has ever seen" is also faulty; he's lowered taxes on the middle class and tried to increase them on the wealthy. (Congress does stand in his way, you know). Unlike Bush, he gave stimulus money with requirements and conditions, such as having to pay it back (most already have) and limits on corporate salaries.

By the way, I like the way you criticize him for helping the rich and powerful while also criticizing him for trying to get affordable health care for the poor and uninsured. But, who needs consistency and logic when you've got a good rant going, hm?

well just a question from an total outsiders point of view....just curious what you think....well Obama made so many promises...like all the stimulus money will help out the jobs....now I hear...well the jobs progress is going slower because of the debt!!!!! WTF...everyone knew the debt would go up so WTF are you talking about.....and on the wars, here someone say that there is no way his promised dates will be meet > so why say them or is he stupid???

and then fine he wants to hit the mortgage and medical things > fine but can we afford it....

and nothing on social security for another decade...as that is going to be a nightmare and with so much excess money going out now to people that don't need it or deserve it and could be stopped. SOME TYPE OF MEANS TEST!

AND ALL THE IDIOTS BRAGGING ABOUT THE JOBS TODAY - ARE THEY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, who would have thought with Thanksgiving and Christmas upcoming, temp jobs would increase...and how many people each month fall out the unemployement ranks that they aren't counted in the numbers anymore....

I mean WTF?! Just a couple of starter questions off the top of my head - and nothing about Obama - who question whomever was in office.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:47 pm
Z

Grill is one, if not the major, reason wherefore I consider democracy an essentially flawed concept.

Last edited by Argos on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Argos wrote:
Grill is one, if not the major, reason wherefore I consider democracy a essentially flawed concept.

fu ands then answer all of the above answer you f'ing idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:42 pm
Z

Hello.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Grill wrote:

well just a question from an total outsiders point of view....just curious what you think....well Obama made so many promises...like all the stimulus money will help out the jobs....now I hear...well the jobs progress is going slower because of the debt!!!!! WTF...everyone knew the debt would go up so WTF are you talking about.....and on the wars, here someone say that there is no way his promised dates will be meet > so why say them or is he stupid???

and then fine he wants to hit the mortgage and medical things > fine but can we afford it....

and nothing on social security for another decade...as that is going to be a nightmare and with so much excess money going out now to people that don't need it or deserve it and could be stopped. SOME TYPE OF MEANS TEST!

AND ALL THE IDIOTS BRAGGING ABOUT THE JOBS TODAY - ARE THEY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, who would have thought with Thanksgiving and Christmas upcoming, temp jobs would increase...and how many people each month fall out the unemployement ranks that they aren't counted in the numbers anymore....

I mean WTF?! Just a couple of starter questions off the top of my head - and nothing about Obama - who question whomever was in office.

Why all the ellipsis's (some of them incorrectly formatted) and why are you an "outsider," especially when, not to defend Groucho, you ask biased questions?

You write like a slightly retarded Jack Keroac.

I'd vote for Argos's sentiment.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Z

Caius wrote:

I laughed. Thank you.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Caius wrote:
Grill wrote:

Why all the ellipsis's (some of them incorrectly formatted) and why are you an "outsider," especially when, not to defend Groucho, you ask biased questions?

I'd vote for Argos's sentiment.

well I always knew you were one fool who couldn't back up his answers....whatever!!!!

Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:37 pm
Forum General

Argos wrote:
Caius wrote:

I laughed. Thank you.

and on this worthless fool, I knew he wouldn't even try - pathetic big-mouth.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:39 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

Grill wrote:

well I always knew you were one fool who couldn't back up his answers....whatever!!!!

I did not answer, so there was nothing to back-up.

You're an outsider, how would you know if I truly was backing-up my answer, assuming I made one? My main problem with you is not the content of your banal posts, it is your incredibly strange writing style. My posts are also banal, but I do not start threads and rarely type more than a handful of paragraphs.

I don't like most of Obama's policies and I did not like a lot of Bush's. No, I don't think "all politicians are the same" as some hero worshipers do. Obama is doing stuff more or less the way I thought he would when I reluctantly cast my vote for John McCain.

One thing I do like is that President Obama nominated one of my school's best professor's to a seat on the Federal Court for the E.D. of Washington. Doubt I agree with much she will do where she has interpretive leeway, but she is nonetheless capable and worthy of a judgeship at that level.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Z

Grill wrote:
and on this worthless fool, I knew he wouldn't even try - pathetic big-mouth.

Try what, please?

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Grill wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Steve wrote:

bump ...for anyone else....

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next