Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Obama is White! 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Obama is White!
Beeblebrox wrote:
This is better stated than I could do:

"For people who are the offspring of one black parent, the one-drop rule forced them to identify with Black people, for better or for worse. While the Supreme Court struck down the one-drop rule in 1967 with its ruling in Loving v. Virginia, effectively eradicating anti-miscegenation laws, social practices have been slower to change.

Eagle wrote:
Beeble has the right of it.

So you're saying that the overall social practices in America in 2008 remain the same as those of a pre-'67 redneck from Alabama? ("He done got a black pappy, so he ain't no kinda white boy!")

Beeblebrox wrote:
So if Obama identifies as Black before being biracial, he does so probably because that is how America has reacted to him. That does not mean he ignores the other parts that make him who he is just because others might. "I'm very sensitive to making sure that everybody feels a part of America, and that's one of the things that I think I can bring to this presidency. The day that I'm inaugurated, the country will look at itself differently," said Obama to an MTV audience, reported NPR."

I understand why Obama is playing the race card - - it's ironically a big political advantage this year to be the first "black" president. Nonetheless I find it disappointing that he and his supporters would take such a blatantly racist position. It's really despicable, especially considering the fact that it would be even more amazing to be America's first "biracial" president, literally uniting black and white in one man to lead the US into the new millenium.

But no - - according to people like Beeblebrox and Eagle, he's black, and no matter how retroracist that may be - - that's that.

America never ceases to disappoint me...

:(

Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 am
All Star Poster

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
I understand why Obama is playing the race card - - it's ironically a big political advantage this year to be the first "black" president.

If you think that being black is an advantage in any major capacity in this country, you're a retard.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Beeblebrox wrote:
I understand why Obama is playing the race card - - it's ironically a big political advantage this year to be the first "black" president.

If you think that being black is an advantage in any major capacity in this country, you're a retard.

30/5, best comment of the year.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Beeblebrox wrote:

Couldn't disgaree with you more - - in this one very specific time and situation - - it is.

(Thus, my use of the word "ironically".)

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:22 pm
All Star Poster

Please scream it to the heavens. How lucky Obama is to be a black guy in America, where they have it sooooooo easy, especially when running for president, and you certainly have the data to back THAT up, I'm sure.

Seriously, do you ever, ever listen to yourself or is it just too scary to do so?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Beeblebrox wrote:
Please scream it to the heavens. How lucky Obama is to be a black guy in America, where they have it sooooooo easy, especially when running for president, and you certainly have the data to back THAT up, I'm sure.

Seriously, do you ever, ever listen to yourself or is it just too scary to do so?

I know for a fact that you are not listening to me - - you certainly haven't read all that I've written in this thread.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:24 pm
Extraordinary

Obama is going to win the election despite his race.

If he were white, he'd be trouncing McCain 75% to 25% by now.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:
Obama is going to win the election despite his race.

If he were white, he'd be trouncing McCain 75% to 25% by now.

You mean if he was Hillary? ;)

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm
All Star Poster

I know for a fact that you are not listening to me - - you certainly haven't read all that I've written in this thread.

Here's you: "I understand why Obama is playing the race card - - it's ironically a big political advantage this year to be the first "black" president. Nonetheless I find it disappointing that he and his supporters would take such a blatantly racist position."

So according to you, Obama is a racist for pretending to be black because being black is a huge advantage for someone running for president.

No, I think I pretty much grasped the idiocy of your comments. What exactly did I miss?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Beeblebrox wrote:

No, I think I pretty much grasped the idiocy of your comments. What exactly did I miss?

I urge other interested KJer's to read the whole thread and assess Beeblebrox's comprehension skills.

:)

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:34 pm
Extraordinary

I'm shocked at the openness of the racism on display yesterday - - all day long, CNN ran a title saying "America's First Black President", and various newspapers had similar captions and headlines under Obama's picture - - even the very tolerant and liberal Jon Stewart on The Daily Show referred to Obama as "America's First Black President"...

I'll bet for many people here, that they've heard it so many times this year, that the phrase "America's First Black President" doesn't even sound racist to them anymore.

However, can you imagine the reaction if CNN had run a title all day saying "Yet Another White President for America"?

People would be justifiably shocked - - yet that is exactly as false as the title they actually ran. Obama is not black. Obama is not white. He is both. Obama is biracial.

The inability of America to come to terms with biracial individuals (or as I prefer: heteroculturals as I explained earlier in this thread) - - is a sad comment on the depth to which true racism still permeates US society even at this late date in the new millenium. To focus on only Obama's father's side's race is wrong. He is the product of two noble races that came together out of our planet's long history of segregation to produce a brilliant politician to lead us. Yet, we reduce him to half of his heritage. We ignore the fact that his parents married amidst a climate of disapproval for miscegenation, in a time when it was still actually illegal. They raised their son in the 60's and 70's when the acceptance we often now take for granted for biracial children was much less prevalent.

I dream of a day when our children will be able to hold up a copy an ancient fragile copy of yesterday's newspaper with the headline "America's First Black President" - - and shake their heads at how long it really took to rid our species of the deep racism which still lived in the year 2008.

That will be the true "Change We Need"...

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:57 am
All Star Poster

Stanley you muppet, when you see obama you see a white man?

Hillary lost moron

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

a lady i work with HATES that everyone is saying he's the first black president.
in her warped mind since Obama is both black and white he's not the first black president.
she rather people say he's the first mixed president. she also believes he's a muslim.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:22 pm
Forum General

Well lets look at this way.

The Irish claim Obama as there's as his ancestors from her Mother side (his grandfather) are from Ireland.

Asians claim him because he went to school in Indonesia and is born in Hawaii and has a half brothers or sister there,

Africans claim him because his dad is from Kenya and the fact he is black

The Muslim world claims him because his middle name is of Muslim origin.

Europe, Australia, and Canada claim him because their leaders are nothing in comparison in charisma.

Latino's like him because Hilary says he is alright (okay, I could not think of a better reason, apart from having hope)

Black America claims him because he stayed in South side of Chicago and did not get shot (A great feat)

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

:funny:

he's a man for the world.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:27 am
Wall-E

Remember back in the fifties, when the Klan made sure to calculate which residents were 100% black and which had caucasian descent, so they could determine how much a percentage of the cross they should burn?

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Bodrul wrote:

I'm surprised you would write a post which reveals so much about yourself, Bodrul.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:47 am
Wall-E

Something to think about.
Barack Obama was only three years old when The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was signed into law. I was only ten years old. He is of the first generation to benefit from this Act, though being educated largely outside of the States was no doubt an advantage to his development. Prior to 1964, being a citizen of the United States who was half-Black was definitely not the way to a guaranteed ticket to The White House.

I still hear people bitching about how 'they are not responsible for Slavery' and how it was so long ago that 'there should no longer be a reason or an excuse for entitlements', though at the same time many of us have known first-generation immigrants as family who never did and never will succeed anywhere near the promise of America due to cultural barriers and the difficulties of relearning one's skills due to factors such as age, even if and when education is accessible at all, and this is overlooking matters of discrimination as they once existed within Obama's and my own lifetimes.

I call making it to The Presidency within the first generation of true legal equality quite an accomplishment.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:36 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Bodrul wrote:

I'm surprised you would write a post which reveals so much about yourself, Bodrul.

Simple question Stanley, if you cant answer i suggest you go back in your hole and come back in 4 years if Hillary runs again, if she dont . .then you have no use.

HILLARY LOST SON

Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I have edited my OP in this thread, once again, to include a new source for a picture of Obama's mother Stanley Dunham - - there seems to be a concerted effort to remove photos proving his white heritage from the net...

Here's the new address for the photo: http://www.amnation.com/vfr/Ann%20Dunha ... 201971.JPG

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:32 am
Extraordinary

Less than a week to go until the historic event - - America inaugurates it's 44th white president!

(Now, if you want to celebrate something really unprecedented - - we can all certainly take pride in Obama being America's first non-homocultural president - - that is truly historic!)

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:31 am
Cream of the Crop

Thought he was biracial?

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:39 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Extraordinary

Krem wrote:
Thought he was biracial?

Bradley just likes to stir things up, even when he has nothing to say.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:
Krem wrote:
Thought he was biracial?

Bradley just likes to stir things up, even when he has nothing to say.

BTW... you two have clearly not read the thread - - that was the point I have been making throughout...

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:11 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Nobody in their right mind would ever have that haircut... ever.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next