Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 More bullshit on surveillance 
Powered By Hate

Post More bullshit on surveillance
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080225/ap_ ... rveillance

It's also lovely how the SCOTUS and the Dem majority in both houses have done very little to quell creeping authoritarianism in the country. It really doesn't matter who wins the election and who is appointed, does it?

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 pm
All Star Poster

Post Re: More bullshit on surveillance
Sun Ra wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080225/ap_on_go_pr_wh/terrorist_surveillance

It's also lovely how the SCOTUS and the Dem majority in both houses have done very little to quell creeping authoritarianism in the country. It really doesn't matter who wins the election and who is appointed, does it?

I understand the frustration with the Dems, but to their credit, they did stop the current bill and allowed the law to revert to the old FISA policy, with court oversight. That wouldn't have happened under a Republican rubber stamp Congress.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Beeblebrox wrote:
Sun Ra wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080225/ap_on_go_pr_wh/terrorist_surveillance

I understand the frustration with the Dems, but to their credit, they did stop the current bill and allowed the law to revert to the old FISA policy, with court oversight. That wouldn't have happened under a Republican rubber stamp Congress.

Temporarily. Will they actually not just hand immunity over to the Telecoms? I'm not so sure, but at least the whole thing is in limbo at the moment. What's also sick is that the Supreme Court even refused to take on the issue of the lawsuits against the Telecoms. What a joke that was...

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:02 pm
All Star Poster

nghtvsn wrote:
Temporarily. Will they actually not just hand immunity over to the Telecoms? I'm not so sure, but at least the whole thing is in limbo at the moment.

Frankly, I'm shocked they've accomplished this much. Limbo is a good thing at this point. If the Republicans were still in charge, there's no question they'd have been granted immunity and god knows what else.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]