Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 7:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Barrack Obama's Middle Name 
Veteran

Post Barrack Obama's Middle Name
Is everyone aware his middle name is Hussein? I know that might sound odd, but I was talking to an aquaintance who is voting in Tuesday's Dem. Primary. I was kind of suprised he was a Democrat in the first place and voting. He stated he was undecided, but he was leaning towards Obama. Later, he asked me about his name being Hussein. He was under the impression that it was just a Republican smear. I told him it was really Obama's name. Then he was like, "well maybe I'm back to undecided". I see it often on cable news shows, but maybe it is not that widely known. I just assumed everyone already knew his middle name, but my wife stated many people probably don't. Anyone have any idea how well-known his middle name is? Has anyone come across this before? I have never had this come up in discussions about Obama.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 am
Profile WWW
---------

Post Re: Barrack Obama's Middle Name
It'd be ironic if he did get the presidency as he has a name connection with America's top 2 hated people.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:02 am
Romosexual!

the republicans know it and have been smearing it since he entered the race. :disgust:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 am
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Most people do not know, and yes it could have a tangible effect.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:35 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

His name already sounds like Osama anyway. I dont think a Hussein name will do THAT much damage although it will have some affect. If anything, his muslim ties will hurt him the most

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:40 pm
Extraordinary

Roid wrote:
His name already sounds like Osama anyway. I dont think a Hussein name will do THAT much damage although it will have some affect. If anything, his muslim ties will hurt him the most

...if, of course, he had any, which he doesn't.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Groucho wrote:
Roid wrote:

He will face fabricated accusations on that front. Guaranteed. Fact never stopped passion.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:47 pm
Veteran

Angela Merkel wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Roid wrote:

He will face fabricated accusations on that front. Guaranteed. Fact never stopped passion.

The problem is if there is a kernal of truth, then it can be spun into something sordid or scary. Like Twain stated
Quote:
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

If he gets the nomination, just like the u boat ads, which were by some nutso right win group, you'll see things about his middle name.

It's inevitable.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Eagle wrote:
If he gets the nomination, just like the u boat ads, which were by some nutso right win group, you'll see things about his middle name.

It's inevitable.

Yes. It's also stupid. ;)

Like he had a choice as to what his father named him.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Groucho wrote:
Eagle wrote:

It's inevitable.

Well. When you become an adult, like most Republicans, not Democrats, are, then you are ALLOWED to change your name! Imagine that!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:08 pm
Extraordinary

Munk·E wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Eagle wrote:

It's inevitable.

Well. When you become an adult, like most Republicans, not Democrats, are, then you are ALLOWED to change your name! Imagine that!

Would you have let him off the hook if he had changed his name? No, then you would be saying "He's trying to hide who he really is!" or something equally as asinine.

Look, if you're such a bigot that you won't even vote for someone who has a common Arabic name, just admit it and get it over with, OK?

(NOTE: I should be ignoring this kid, but I feel an obligation to try to reach him. He's still young, and maybe he'll see the error of his ways.)

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Does it really matter this his MIDDLE NAME is Hussein? Would it even matter if his last name was Hussein? Really?

When he starts making decisions like Hussein, then gimme a call.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:50 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

Groucho wrote:
Munk·E wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Eagle wrote:

It's inevitable.

Would you have let him off the hook if he had changed his name? No, then you would be saying "He's trying to hide who he really is!" or something equally as asinine.

Look, if you're such a bigot that you won't even vote for someone who has a common Arabic name, just admit it and get it over with, OK?

(NOTE: I should be ignoring this kid, but I feel an obligation to try to reach him. He's still young, and maybe he'll see the error of his ways.)

Heh, I decided to use the ignore feature for the first time about half an hour ago...

;)

Sadly we'll probably be hearing a lot more about this in a few months assuming Obama is the Democratic nominee.

Best Actress 2008

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Well, I didn't make the thread.

And Obama is the ONLY Democrat I would vote for. And none of the Republicans excite me.

I'm still holding out hope for Colbert!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:31 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

mdana wrote:
Is everyone aware his middle name is Hussein? I know that might sound odd, but I was talking to an aquaintance who is voting in Tuesday's Dem. Primary. I was kind of suprised he was a Democrat in the first place and voting. He stated he was undecided, but he was leaning towards Obama. Later, he asked me about his name being Hussein. He was under the impression that it was just a Republican smear. I told him it was really Obama's name. Then he was like, "well maybe I'm back to undecided". I see it often on cable news shows, but maybe it is not that widely known. I just assumed everyone already knew his middle name, but my wife stated many people probably don't. Anyone have any idea how well-known his middle name is? Has anyone come across this before? I have never had this come up in discussions about Obama.

With a name like that, I'm surprised people are inclined to vote for this guy based on that alone, even in a psychological sort of way.. Sounds too much like the enemy..

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Rod wrote:
Sadly we'll probably be hearing a lot more about this in a few months assuming Obama is the Democratic nominee.

Frankly, from a strategic point of view, I kind of hope Republicans do adopt this strategy. It is so transparently stupid and racist that it will almost certainly backfire.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Beeblebrox wrote:
Rod wrote:

Frankly, from a strategic point of view, I kind of hope Republicans do adopt this strategy. It is so transparently stupid and racist that it will almost certainly backfire.

I agree that it will backfire, which is why I think people keep bringing it up and assuming Republicans will use it.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Angela Merkel wrote:
Most people do not know, and yes it could have a tangible effect.

Which is a sad commentary on society.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

imo it would backfire, Obama has now become well known and people know what he is and what he is about.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Even worse, he changed his first name from Kim Jong-il to Barrack before entering law school, then he changed the "s" to a "b" in his last name right after 9/11, and finally he's completely buried his confirmation name of Ahmadinejad he chose for himself as a teenager.

:noway:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:29 am
---------

Lol, no one believes me when I talk about his middle name. I don't think anyone can fathom how much bad luck he can have in one name.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:24 pm
I just lost the game

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
Even worse, he changed his first name from Kim Jong-il to Barrack before entering law school, then he changed the "s" to a "b" in his last name right after 9/11, and finally he's completely buried his confirmation name of Ahmadinejad he chose for himself as a teenager.

:noway:

Don't leave again :)

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]