Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Massachusetts Senate Race 
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Massachusetts Senate Race
I like Hillary more than Obama :-(

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Galia! The ramen is clearly messing up your brain!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Cream of the Crop

Box wrote:

Is that because she's more manly?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Cream of the Crop

"We drove Obamacare off the bridge like it was Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile." LMAO

Last edited by Krem on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:31 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Extraordinary

Krem wrote:
Box wrote:

That's very insensitive of you, Krem!

So, this Mass. woman fucked up and she's heartbroken by her loss? Heh. I'd say Kennedy is rolling in his grave, but he was such a fat man, I don't think he'd be able to.

I hope this wakes the Dems up. How or why, I don't know. I've just found them unbearable over the last year. The only thing to their credit is that they're not Republicans, but that's meaningless.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:33 am
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

Yep, American Politics has gone from "an era of New Hope" into Partisanship at an extreme level.

2010 and 2012 are going to be the most bitter elections we will ever see.

Voter are out for blood, and democrats and especially Obama must take the lesson that Clinton learned, which is to govern from the centre.

Obama when he was elected assured independents that he would govern from the centre, however he is cozy with all the big liberal types and he has suffered for that.

I am telling you with complacent democrats, frenzied republicans and angry independents. Don't be surprised that a young populist Republican driving a pick up truck (NOT BROWN) could be challenging Obama in 2012.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:38 am
Extraordinary

Krem wrote:
Galia! The ramen is clearly messing up your brain!

Thank-you very much, but that is so not how the past 24 hours went. I didn't have ramen today, hah! I had lucky charms and an apple, a sandwich with vegetarian buffalo wings, red onion, mixed greens and cheddar cheese, and two heaping bowls of pasta with fried zucchini and kalamata olived with fetta cheese/milk sauce. So you have lost the battle! Bwaahhahahaha. *cries a little*

Hillary is still the true love of my life. *sighs* But I do agree this is just Coakley and the DNC taking this campaign for granted, BUT STILL!!!!

I looked up my home town a cried a l'il. I can't believe I'm even mildly well-adjusted (hold your laughing, at least until tomorrow) considering the apparent voter-orientation of where I grew up.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 am
Extraordinary

Box wrote:

So, this Mass. woman fucked up and she's heartbroken by her loss? Heh. I'd say Kennedy is rolling in his grave, but he was such a fat man, I don't think he'd be able to.

OMG, I just snickered a little bit. Box, that is not allowed! This is a trauma...

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 am
Extraordinary

Mandeep wrote:
...Obama when he was elected assured independents that he would govern from the centre, however he is cozy with all the big liberal types and he has suffered for that...

Whatever you've been smoking, I want to get my hands on some of that...it might help my poor lower back out of its pain...

Last edited by dolcevita on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:56 am
The Dark Knight

Plus the democrats should stop blaming all the problems on George Bush.

Yes it was his Bush's Fault, but having power for a year and doing anything substantial (lots of talk no action), makes you part of the problem.

That is why I think many disillusioned democrats and angry independents are happy for the Brown win.

Also nice line by Brown which shifted momentum to him...
"Its not Ted Kennedy's Seat, It's the People Seat"

To the poster above, I smoke nothing and Obama better start governing from the Centre, or you will be governed by a republican in a few years and I don't think you would or I would like that. :shades:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:57 am
Extraordinary

dolcevita wrote:
Box wrote:

OMG, I just snickered a little bit. Box, that is not allowed! This is a trauma...

Sorry :oops: I just wanted your attention (OK, OK, AND Krem's), since we haven't talked in so long :oops:

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Mandeep wrote:
Plus the democrats should stop blaming all the problems on George Bush.

Totally agree. I'd start blaming George W. Bush if I was them. That guy seriously fucked up.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Actually Box, the way I have held my tongue is surprising. I was initially gonna say that Kennedy hasn't been so traumatized since he got drunk and drove his *car* off a bridge. :oops: But that goes to show you that I assumed MA residents voted primarily on ideology. Clearly this is something that the DNC took for granted. Or *tears* the politics of the state are changing. Which very well could be judging from the immediate environs of Worcester (aka, my home town).

Though, I do agree with everything else said here. The Dems take charge whenever the key issue is simply disliking the Reps. already in charge. Hence, Bill Clinton and the one president (Papa Bush) who didn't serve a double term. I'm actually surprised Coakley didn't pull the anti-choice issue harder. MA has the oldest age of motherhood of any state in the country. That doesn't happen if you don't believe in women's reproductive health rights. Just saying. What a botched campaign. Kennedy's big love was health care, and MA has already initiated it statewide, and everyone and their mom has a gay kid. What the hell happened?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:29 am
Extraordinary

Krem wrote:
Box wrote:

No. because she always had a better healthcare plan. And don't be slammin' viragoes; I like my breasts reduced to the size they are now. That doesn't mean I don't have a uterus! :P

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:34 am
Extraordinary

Mandeep wrote:
...To the poster above, I smoke nothing and Obama better start governing from the Centre, or you will be governed by a republican in a few years and I don't think you would or I would like that. :shades:

He always was center! :) Hello Mandeep!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 am
All Star Poster

Mandeep wrote:
Voter are out for blood, and democrats and especially Obama must take the lesson that Clinton learned, which is to govern from the centre.

First of all, not all voters are "out for blood." Just the Republicans and the teabaggers. And NOTHING that Obama does EVER is going to change that.

Second, governing from the center is exactly what Obama has been doing. If anything, that's his problem. He and the Dems in Congress have tried too hard to appease Republicans and conservaDems when they didn't really have to. They should have followed the agenda they promised and stuck to their guns instead of sticking their thumbs up their butts. At least the voters could vote on the things they did instead of the things they didn't do.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 am
Profile WWW
The Original

So much for change. Biggest effort for Obama in his term will now be if he can avoid a war.

New Health Care System: Not gonna happen
Huge Economic Recovery: Not gonna happen I think
Getting out of Afghanistan and completely of Iraq: Not really gonna happen I think
Having a sexy First Lady: Ok here Obama gets a point

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:40 am
The Dark Knight

Losing in Mass, means the democrats are not governing from the centre, and means you have lost the independent vote and that your base is disillusioned.
If this election means anything, it means Obama's Universal health care bill is not supported by the people. It should be scraped and should only focus on the main things that most agree on.

Also the Democrats lost in Mass!!!! Sure the Republicans and Teabagers had a huge impact but they are small in number in that State. Independents who are mostly centrists, have abandoned the president and the Democrats and supported Brown especially males.

You can debate and argue to me till the ends of days that Obama is a centrist, but as a Independent I think he clearly is not and Obama needs to do a course change.

This election has clear messages for the Democrats and Obama and if he just ignores them and rams Health Care, he will get massacred in North Carolina, Virgina, Florida, Indiana, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado and other states...

This election is a wake up call. Its time for a Bill Clinton 1994 course change and I think that would be for the best. You can ignore the people, but sooner or latter you get taught a good lesson, and Obama should learn from this lesson. :funny:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:59 am
Cream of the Crop

No, Mandeep, don't you get it? The losses in Virginia, New Jersey and Massachusetts have nothing to do with Obama or his agenda; instead it is all because Democrats fielded bad candidates and ran bad campaigns.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Cream of the Crop

Yea, so the healthcare bill is pretty much dead, with or without Brown.

Whew, that was a close one!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:10 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Extraordinary

Stop being such a drama queen, Krem. It's not like you dodged a bullet :roll:

I can't believe this new senator appeared in Cosmo magazine. That's just nasty. He doesn't love himself.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

Undoubtedly though...every single independent political pundit calls this a referendum..

Sure the democrats had weak candidates, but if they are weak in Mass, what is going to happen in South Carolina, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Virgina in the mid term elections. Independents have left the democrats for the republicans in huge numbers. This is going to change things.

This was a referendum on the democrats and on Obama. To suggest it is not, is naive and if democrats ignore this they will just create the perfect storm for a republican storm to sweep the nation, which would be a disaster for the country.

The only reason why anyone would ignore this, is because it seems to crazy that people may not like or agree with Obama and his ideas.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:02 pm
Cream of the Crop

Box wrote:
Stop being such a drama queen, Krem. It's not like you dodged a bullet :roll:

The whole country did, not just me.

Box wrote:
I can't believe this new senator appeared in Cosmo magazine. That's just nasty. He doesn't love himself.

Ridiculous, I know! I long for the good old days, when the most controversy a senator from MA could cause was to leave a drowning person in a car and not report it to anyone. Nowadays they have the audacity of showing up in a magazine!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW