Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.) 
Homo Dperious

Post Re: International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.)
I can only repeat that everything you could ever possibly think you know will only ever seem pathetically immature to me or an adult of my species. It’s not worth your effort. If you think you have a basis to criticize or challenge, you don’t. I guarantee you. I’m not interested, I don’t need you, and you don’t help whatsoever. You will only ever burden by trying to require me to essentially babysit you regardless of anything you could ever hope to know or do until death, and regardless of the fact that I’m your enemy. I’m your enemy, yet you will try to take advantage of and abuse my pity. If I took you seriously, you don’t want to know how badly I would hurt you. And that’s only with words. Just stop. When I say something seriously, you just don’t disagree, the end.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:18 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

I may elaborate later, but as to Howard: No straight lines? Either he can’t understand infinity because he can’t count that high and assumes it must return in a circle or some curve, he doesn’t understand gravity (I was going to say this even before I rewatched the video) - his comments about gravity and straight lines are incoherent, or he just doesn’t understand math or logic, which is obvious. His prior claims regarding math seem to claim that math is invalid because it is supposedly involved in circular thinking. But circular thinking isn’t even a formal error in logic, it’s considered an “informal error”, which actually means that it’s not exactly an error at all because they don’t understand what they are talking about. You should trust me, Terrance Howard is wrong and math is right. Contemporary western philosophy and academic logic is flawed and underdeveloped, but it’s still better thought out than the things Terrance Howard tends to say.

Anyway, he wasn’t even in “Infinity War” ironically. lol. Time travel may be even less realistic than his rants, but more entertaining. He was cut after the first Iron Man I believe.

Last edited by DP07 on Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:41 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Yeah, he was replaced in Iron Man 2.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:46 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

FYI, as to gender and species, a female lion will simply snap the neck of male hyena if need be. That’s not even for hunting. So I’m not interested in your feelings Shack.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:49 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

DP07 wrote:
I may elaborate later, but as to Howard: No straight lines? Either he can’t understand infinity because he can’t count that high and assumes it must return in a circle or some curve, he doesn’t understand gravity (I was going to say this even before I rewatched the video) - his comments about gravity and straight lines are incoherent, or he just doesn’t understand math or logic, which is obvious. His prior claims regarding math seem to claim that math is invalid because it is supposedly involved no circular thinking. But circular thinking isn’t even a formal error in logic, it’s considered an “informal error”, which actually means that it’s not exactly an error at all because they don’t understand what they are talking about. You should trust me, Terrance Howard is wrong and math is right. Contemporary western philosophy and academic logic is flawed and underdeveloped, but it’s still better thought out than the things Terrance Howard tends to say.

Anyway, he wasn’t even in “Infinity War” ironically. lol. Time travel may be even less realistic than his rants, but more entertaining. He was cut after the first Iron Man I believe.

I don’t need to explain more, and won’t since you don’t deserve it.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:52 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

So I hope that ends the ambiguity in this forum between politics and other topics. I still want to post about gender and emotion/reason etc. Also about the history and future of nuclear weapons in the Oppenheimer thread.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:15 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
DP I think you chose this forum because you’re interested in the current political environment and if you choose to or get it together have an opportunity to post in a now rare environment in 2024 in that both lib and conservative opinions are allowed.

I didn’t want to post in this forum btw, but I was compelled to because of topics like Oppenheimer, and your persistent replies among other things. Anyway, like I said, that’s done. My last replies here will just address those couple remaining topics.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:21 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Barrabás wrote:
I can't be the only one who is disturbed by these non-stop gibberish posts in every other thread

Too bad you can't perform a wellness check via anonymous message board

Please get help DP07

FYI, you tried to reply to me in the will smith thread with your presumptive attitude that my posts could be addressed by regarding gender and maturity alone. That is not enough; it is necessary to understand the relevance of species divergence and change to appropriately address these issues as I had already said. Anyway, since you replied and wanted to be treated like an adult, you have no basis or right to complain about being disturbed. You were warned, and tried to deny the warnings. You were obviously unprepared even if my posts are highly edited, filtered, articulated, and contextualized to make them less emotionally difficult to cope with.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:35 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

DP07 wrote:
DP07 wrote:
I may elaborate later, but as to Howard: No straight lines? Either he can’t understand infinity because he can’t count that high and assumes it must return in a circle or some curve, he doesn’t understand gravity (I was going to say this even before I rewatched the video) - his comments about gravity and straight lines are incoherent, or he just doesn’t understand math or logic, which is obvious. His prior claims regarding math seem to claim that math is invalid because it is supposedly involved no circular thinking. But circular thinking isn’t even a formal error in logic, it’s considered an “informal error”, which actually means that it’s not exactly an error at all because they don’t understand what they are talking about. You should trust me, Terrance Howard is wrong and math is right. Contemporary western philosophy and academic logic is flawed and underdeveloped, but it’s still better thought out than the things Terrance Howard tends to say.

I don’t need to explain more, and won’t since you don’t deserve it.

I’ll just say this about circular thinking in logic, reasoning, (or mathematics as according to Terrence Howard). There is no value (shall we say) in circular thinking if it is a tautology. It may be true in a banal, trite and strictly factual sense, but such so -called “logic” does not provide or contain any novel or new information. Nor does it provide context to recognize information. It is definitively uninformative. It does not advance understanding in any way or make a difference in any potential, imagined, or hypothetical cases or examples. If they are true, you can suppose that they are not true because of the tautology (alone), or you cannot know them to be true because of the tautology. You would need more information prior or after.

If circular thinking is not a tautology, there’s no rational basis to say it’s necessarily an error for simply being circular alone. It could be an error, and it may not be supported, rational, well thought out, or reasoned. It may be contradictory or problematic in some other way, but saying it’s circular alone, doesn’t necessarily invalidate such, or all such, logic or reasoning. The logic or reasoning itself is relevant, and must, or should be addressed for the sake or goal of rational and realistic evaluation or validation. If circular thinking is falsifiable (based on, or in context of, the information known by an observer, thinker, analyst, or any other sort of rational judge, or as part of any other form of rational evaluation) given the premises, arguments, and information used to try to produce, formulate, calculate, determine, or deduce a logical conclusion, than it at least meets the philosophical standards of contemporary (2024, or the forward or future legacy of or from 2024 in subsequent time alone) science, and by legacy, of contemporary western, or academic, philosophy of science. The opportunity for contradiction, or perceived opportunity, based on preexisting knowledge, is enough to create value in informational terms. It is, at the very least, possibly informative if the logic of the argument can be validated somehow, or in some way, by any truly credible methodology.

So, (so-called) “circular thinking” can be validated and can be informative. Otherwise, all of math and science could be accused of being circular, and all that might remain (unquestioned in classical human perception) could be sophism.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:40 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24