Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
That's what I'm thinking, too, Cynosure.

Wisconsin would be quite an unfortunate hold for the Republicans because Johnson has proven to be quite corrupt, and we really need to kick these guys out. He's led every poll I've seen since August, unfortunately. Still within margin of error, but sort of seems like the DEMS are focusing more elsewhere. Which leads me to...

...Ohio. It'd be quite the swing (Portman won his reelection by 21pts in 2016) for the DEMS to pick this one up, and DeWine is going to win the Governor's race easily, but JD Vance has proven to be just that awful of a candidate where it's possible. Similar to Mastriano in PA (though not as bad), he's putting minimal effort into his campaign with few events and little spending. If I recall, some major GOP donor also pulled his support for Vance due his "care less" attitude, and has put his money toward other races.

If it wasn't for McConnell sinking nearly $30 million into this race for Vance, he'd almost be certain to lose I feel. (And again, McConnell doing far, FAR more for the GOP than the far-right deserves with their feelings toward him and racist comments about his wife.) So, if DEMS go all in here in the final weeks, they could manage the upset. There hasn't been a recent poll here, so hopefully we see a batch soon.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Looks like the controversy is hurting Walker, I agree with Shack that PA and AZ are more likely for Pubs now than GA

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'd guess the abortion story hurts more than the Christian Walker thing

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

Trafalgar has been sticking with these two crazy polls. Can't be real but if they get it down to 5 or 6 or so that would be a good result for Republicans.

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:50 am
Hold the door!

Even losing by a small margin would be great in a blue state.

Just shows how pathetic the candidates are in AZ, PA and GA. With good candidates, the Republicans would walk away with those races, as they're far more Republican than WA, NY, or VA or NJ from last year

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:56 am
Homo Dperious

Chippy wrote:
It's very very very very funny, to me, that Walker might win Georgia despite being an abusive parent, abusive husband, man who gets women pregnant and then forces them to get abortions... RUNS on the idea that he's AGAINST all of that... and Republicans are just like "yeah, I'm gonna vote for him".

Just continuing to prove my point that Republicans live in an alternate reality. No morals whatsoever.

I’ve thought long and hard about how to respond to this. But there’s only one thing to say that isn’t unbelievably cruel. If you realized how much reality cares about all false morality, you wouldn’t be laughing, you would be crying. Either that or you would have to be dead, because like reality, he doesn’t need your power or respect, he’s just running for the hell of it. And don’t be fooled, nothing you feel is human lies beyond that.

Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:19 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Test

Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:39 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Hmm…Can’t explain it…it’s like digital magic or Karma. Well, if I could explain it, why would I?

Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:41 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Actually I can explain it. It’s the smilies.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:42 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Maybe if I return in November, I’ll see if the board is still functioning.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:45 am
Profile ICQ
Hold the door!

Senate is looking to remain 50/50 with Republicans gaining Nevada and Democrats gaining Pennsylvania and all other incumbent parties keeping their seats. The next closest race right now is Arizona with Masters only 1% behind Kelly in the most recent poll. Walker still 3% behind Warnock, which is where he was before the scandal even came out. Oz seems to be about 3% behind Fetterman but the polling is all over the place with some polls having hum behind by double digits and other with him only down 2%. PA is the biggest wildcard since AZ and GA's polling in the last few years has been far more accurate, usually within 1%, whereas PA Republicans have overperformed by 2-4% in the same time period

Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:56 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think Nevada and Arizona will both go in the same direction in the end.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:22 pm
Hold the door!

Recent polling puts New Hampshire back in reach since Bolduc is only 3% behind Hassan in a recent poll, and NH polling has underrepresented Republicans by up to 4% in recent elections

Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:37 am
Hold the door!

Tulsi Gabbard announced she is leaving the Democratic Party. Wonder if she is registering as Independent or as Republican.

Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:11 am
Devil's Advocate

Tulsi is a sane human being, something that is in short supply these days

Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:55 am
Devil's Advocate

Herschel's performance seems pretty good in some of these debate clips

Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:11 pm
now we know

What's everyone's opinion of Herschel Walker? I'm not hugely familiar with U.S. politics, so what's this guy's rap?

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Algren wrote:
What's everyone's opinion of Herschel Walker? I'm not hugely familiar with U.S. politics, so what's this guy's rap?

He was a semi-celebrity before as a famous football player, I knew who he was and what he looked like despite not knowing that much about college football where he was one of the best of all time playing for Georgia where he's now running, and then had a decent pro career and inspired a famously bad trade to get him. He kind of has a classic ex football demeanour of talking like a guy that's had too many concussions, and claims he was diagnosed with some multiple personalities. He was able to become Republican candidate due to his status as football legend down there.

He has a lot of skeletons in the closet with violent baby momma allegations. He had a bad last few weeks between the a story that he's paid for abortions despite not advocating against them, and his son who had a social media following as a black anti-BLM Republican and had been supporting him before, turned on him suddenly and said he was violent to his mom.

Probably not a great guy but Republicans would be predicted to win that state if it was an average candidate, so he might have a chance no matter what once he became the candidate. At this point the US is so polarized in terms of views that a lot of Republicans would probably vote for OJ over a Democrat who'd vote for far left agenda in Senate like Warnock. The opposite is true in Pennsylvania senate race where Dr Oz's opponent Fetterman just had a stroke and doesn't seem to be fully functioning normal yet, but the Democrats would still rather have him in Senate over a Republican vote.

Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:27 am
now we know

Got it. Pretty good summary :thumbsup:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:43 pm
Profile WWW

Shack wrote:
Algren wrote:

He was a semi-celebrity before as a famous football player, I knew who he was and what he looked like despite not knowing that much about college football where he was one of the best of all time playing for Georgia where he's now running, and then had a decent pro career and inspired a famously bad trade to get him. He kind of has a classic ex football demeanour of talking like a guy that's had too many concussions, and claims he was diagnosed with some multiple personalities. He was able to become Republican candidate due to his status as football legend down there.

He has a lot of skeletons in the closet with violent baby momma allegations. He had a bad last few weeks between the a story that he's paid for abortions despite not advocating against them, and his son who had a social media following as a black anti-BLM Republican and had been supporting him before, turned on him suddenly and said he was violent to his mom.

Probably not a great guy but Republicans would be predicted to win that state if it was an average candidate, so he might have a chance no matter what once he became the candidate. At this point the US is so polarized in terms of views that a lot of Republicans would probably vote for OJ over a Democrat who'd vote for far left agenda in Senate like Warnock. The opposite is true in Pennsylvania senate race where Dr Oz's opponent Fetterman just had a stroke and doesn't seem to be fully functioning normal yet, but the Democrats would still rather have him in Senate over a Republican vote.

Not a bad summary, a little spotty at the end with the whole “far left agenda” non sense, but also fairly accurate in the minds of some voters. Also misses that mark a bit on Oz who himself is also controversial.

Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:41 am
Devil's Advocate

It looks like New York governor is a race...

Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:23 pm
Hold the door!

Pennsylvania seems more and more in reach as Fetterman botches the home stretch of the campaign. Hopefully next week's debate seals the deal for Oz

Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:09 am
Devil's Advocate

I saw a poll asking what is the most important issue to people, and they answered inflation, economy/jobs and immigration. Then they asked what do you think the Republicans and Democrats considered the most important. For the Republicans it was the same three in a different order (although with immigration higher showing they think Republicans overrate that), but for the Democrats the top 3 was January 6, abortion and guns. The Democrats obsession with J6/abortion will help them a bit getting the progressives to vote but it's unclear if moderate voters care as much.

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:03 pm
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
Tulsi is a sane human being, something that is in short supply these days

Your only possible definition of sanity must be rooted in emotion.

Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:12 am
Profile ICQ
Hold the door!

Democrats must realize that Stacey Abrams is a liability at some point? There's no reason Warnock should be leading in the polls but Abrams is 6% behind Kemp. Surely in a state that has purpled the polls should be closer?

Abrams is aggressively unlikable to anyone moderate, independent or merely non leftist in anyway. Her dwelling on "voter suppression" is tone deaf considering the Democrat's running against election denial as a major campaign issue.

When she loses it will be hilarious to watch

Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 186  Next