Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Is Ilhan Omar secretly hotter than AOC?
What? You’re crazy 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Always has been 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Boebert ftw 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Homo Dperious

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
TLDR: stop wasting my time with this shit you call politics. It’s done. In other words, it’s over. Waste your time if you want, all you can do is play the greater fool theory.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:16 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
White people are the best at not being overtly racist due to how much they are taught not to be after learning about things like slavery and the holocaust, but the worst at subtle racism like the soft bigotry of low expectations and the white man's burden.

There are probably a ton of CRT reading suburban white women who's black gay friend in their book club they rave about and cannot see a single flaw in compared to that white bitch who sits beside him. But by doing this, it's robbing him of the interesting part that comes with being able to be flawed, being open to be annoyed by the white bitch makes her a deeper and more complex being like the characters in the books they talk about, while the black gay friend, perfect in her eyes, is merely an object to make her feel more enlightened. To truly be anti-racist, she would hold him the same standards he holds the white bitch, to be able to notice that he is pretentious and likes to hear himself talk too much is in fact giving him more respect than being automatically bowled over by him just because he's black and gay. This type of racism is probably more common nowadays by white people than going home to her husband and dropping the hard r. The many white people on twitter that are going to be more impressed when a black musician/actress/politician does something than if the identical accomplishment was done by a white person, are simply racist, they're treating black people as if on a lower tier naturally and therefore one of them accomplishing something instead of being a criminal stands out more to them.

They may be racist for expecting black people to be “criminal”, but if so, your morality is as well for subtlety perpetuating the stereotype. In fact, if you think black people are in any way to be seen negativity in this regard, your morality contributes to racism, even if it is not overtly or intentionally racist.

As for the rest of the post, I swear, I know you think this is real, but unless this is based on an actual example (no, given your use of the word “probably”) I would think you were working on the script for “Isn’t It Romantic 2” if I didn’t know better.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:57 am
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

DP07 wrote:
I’m being extremely generous actually. I mean, by any rational standard, “modern” (2022 common time) “liberalism” is extremely conservative.

Why? It seems to me like a large portion of world, largely in Asia, is to the right of US/UK/Canada/etc.:

The Islamic ones are the farthest right, the totalitarian conservative countries. Other ones like India, South Korea, Russia are on the conservative side compared to the West I'd say. Then you've got China which while painting itself as communist, in reality has a fascist economic system in modern day and conservative views, they are a right wing country. Japan is more left wing than them, but still has some conservative aspects I believe.

The first world western countries represent something of a middle ground between them and say South America.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:56 am
Homo Dperious

Do you think Trump is more liberal than China? Your post seems incoherent and desperate. I’m not even going to waste my time responding in detail. I’ll just repeat some version of what I already said.

Last edited by DP07 on Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:19 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Basically, you just assume that western values or whatever, are liberal. But you know I’m not going to agree. They are also conservative by any rational standard. Otherwise the west never would have used its form of colonialism, neo-colonialism, economic sanctions etc., its way of waging war, destroying most of the Native American population, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the destruction of nature, continued use of fossil fuels, and a completely unaccountable economic and political system that continues to try to benefit from it all. Honestly Trump never would have been elected in a truly advanced civilization. It’s the behavior of a primitive civilization and empire. And how can you expect survival, understanding, tolerance, or respect when you don’t offer it to your enemies? You can keep trying to remain ahead of them while blaming them for the same things you did in the past, but it doesn’t make any sense.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:37 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Let me be very clear right now. There is no final warning. You got and ignored it many times. Your irrational morality will not be tolerated whatsoever, and has no future whatsoever.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:43 am
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

DP07 wrote:
Do you think Trump is more liberal than China?

I think China is more conservative on social views, eg. LGBT views.

Economically I view them as fascist, although to me it's debatable whether fascism has to = right wing or it's really halfway between communism and capitalism (more private ownership than communism, less than capitalism), and therefore to the left of Trump.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:08 pm
Homo Dperious

Idk, I don’t think Trump really cares about his liberal social views (I honestly don’t know if he cares at all) or he wouldn’t have appointed conservatives to the Supreme Court to overturn them. But of course that wasn’t his priority.

Yeah, China is a combination of Communism and Capitalism economically. So is Fascism in a sense. That doesn’t mean they are the same.

Whatever to the rest.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:19 pm
Profile ICQ
Hold the door!

Oz is indisputably doing better in PA than Masters is in AZ. Weird. You'd think Mastriano's unpopularity would hurt Oz more, and Lake's popularity would drive up Masters more.

You'd also think Kemp on the ballot would be helping Walker. A lot of people will be voting for Republican governors but Democratic senators it seems in GA and AZ, except in PA seems to be the opposite where there will be a lot of people voting for Shapiro and Oz

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:06 pm
Homo Dperious

Whatever, your political system is worse than Fascism, and won’t ever be rewarded, tolerated or forgiven. If your voters make the wrong decisions, they will be punished, the end.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:00 pm
Profile ICQ
Hold the door!

DP07 really derails threads lately lol

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:10 pm
Homo Dperious

Only a fool or the complicit could accept your political system. It cannot possibly produce legitimate laws or governance and it cannot possibly be considered anything better than the equivalent of “criminal” or “terrorist” under any rational system.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

zwackerm wrote:
DP07 really derails threads lately lol

The threads were a “train wreck” in the making from the beginning.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:29 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

I’ve had enough, your civilization continues fail to realize how serious this is. I mean, shouldn’t you realize after the last couple years? But of course no. So if you want to continue the consequences will get more and more severe. And they are already far more severe than you think.

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:30 pm
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

I think it's possible some of the suburban housewife Biden voting Dr Oz show viewers that end up voting for him might be shy telling pollsters

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:31 pm

It is hard to take any pills seriously anymore

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

zwackerm wrote:
Oz is indisputably doing better in PA than Masters is in AZ. Weird. You'd think Mastriano's unpopularity would hurt Oz more, and Lake's popularity would drive up Masters more.

You'd also think Kemp on the ballot would be helping Walker. A lot of people will be voting for Republican governors but Democratic senators it seems in GA and AZ, except in PA seems to be the opposite where there will be a lot of people voting for Shapiro and Oz

Walker is just an ignorant, terrible person, and a horrible candidate that should be shunned by all voters. Just the latest reason people know he stinks: His once supportive son (early on, though has said the family didn't want him running to begin with), who also thought he was an only child until this year (...), has since turned against him and is calling him out for his bullshit, abuse, and lies.

Also, just tweeted this morning:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And regarding Mastriano, apparently his very first ad just went up today and he's barely even in it. And he hasn't done any local campaign media stops in the state either. Haven't looked into his campaign funds, but it sounds like he's broke and the party isn't supporting his campaign either. Or, he just doesn't care and thought having Trump's support was enough to skip running any ads and not campaign and just sit at home.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

I wouldn't be surprised to learn the party isn't supporting him any longer. Pennsylvania looks dead for the republicans.

I hope these Walker revelations kill his campaign and help Warnock's reelection, but I'm betting it will still be close.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I doubt Walker's revelations will harm him much with the modern diehard Republican base (Dana Loesch said today that she doesn't care if Walker did pay to abort babies, she just wants control of the Senate), they actually share much in common with Walker, but hopefully the decent Republicans continue to stay away from him.

Also, this meme covers the 2022 GOP Senate candidates quite well.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

DP07 wrote:
Basically, you just assume that western values or whatever, are liberal. But you know I’m not going to agree. They are also conservative by any rational standard. Otherwise the west never would have used its form of colonialism, neo-colonialism, economic sanctions etc., its way of waging war, destroying most of the Native American population, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the destruction of nature, continued use of fossil fuels, and a completely unaccountable economic and political system that continues to try to benefit from it all. Honestly Trump never would have been elected in a truly advanced civilization. It’s the behavior of a primitive civilization and empire. And how can you expect survival, understanding, tolerance, or respect when you don’t offer it to your enemies? You can keep trying to remain ahead of them while blaming them for the same things you did in the past, but it doesn’t make any sense.

Just repeat this. You can’t blame Asians or China, (when they are symptoms to begin with) and excuse and pardon the USA, the West and its other allies for their economic and political systems and decisions. It continues to deserve the death, war, and destruction it causes, and nothing but surrender or acceptance of the truth can change that. I’m not even going to waste my time arguing with someone who accuses America’s enemies of all the exact things his preferred candidate was accused of. I’m not going to allow myself to be extorted by your politics. The sort of “respect and love our values or we will take them from you” game. I mean, it another political scam, surprise. In my experience, the USA is extremely totalitarian. There’s no basis for saying it’s better than Nazi Germany, it’s just irrational nonsense that convinces people of that and makes them feel that way. But it’s not for the individual or party, but the country, system, and it’s interests, values, and priorities. I’ll just repeat all that needs be said: the enemy of truth, that fights truth and its love, has no place in reality, and will surrender forever to the “Goddess of Logic” or have no future and be vanquished forever.

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:04 am
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

DP07 wrote:
DP07 wrote:

Just repeat this. You can’t blame Asians or China, (when they are symptoms to begin with) and excuse and pardon the USA, the West and its other allies for their economic and political systems and decisions. It continues to deserve the death, war, and destruction it causes, and nothing but surrender or acceptance of the truth can change that. I’m not even going to waste my time arguing with someone who accuses America’s enemies of all the exact things his preferred candidate was accused of. I’m not going to allow myself to be extorted by your politics. The sort of “respect and love our values or we will take them from you” game. I mean, it another political scam, surprise. In my experience, the USA is extremely totalitarian. There’s no basis for saying it’s better than Nazi Germany, it’s just irrational nonsense that convinces people of that and makes them feel that way. But it’s not for the individual or party, but the country, system, and it’s interests, values, and priorities. I’ll just repeat all that needs be said: the enemy of truth, that fights truth and its love, has no place in reality, and will surrender forever to the “Goddess of Logic” or have no future and be vanquished forever.

You might enjoy this substack https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/ She talks a lot about how the US controls the world as an empire (not sure if I agree with it all).

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:53 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

It's very very very very funny, to me, that Walker might win Georgia despite being an abusive parent, abusive husband, man who gets women pregnant and then forces them to get abortions... RUNS on the idea that he's AGAINST all of that... and Republicans are just like "yeah, I'm gonna vote for him".

Just continuing to prove my point that Republicans live in an alternate reality. No morals whatsoever.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm
Devil's Advocate

Prediction right now (in order of margin of victory)

Democrats: Colorado, Washington, New Hampshire, Georgia
Republicans: Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:04 pm
The Dark Knight

Prediction:

Democrats: Colorado, Washington, Pennsylvania, Arizona, New Hampshire, Georgia
Republicans: Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Nevada

Total: 50-50 senate.

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 186  Next