Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 "Connection not secure" warning (Fixed... ish) 
Devil's Advocate

Post "Connection not secure" warning (Fixed... ish)
As a heads up you may have noticed that the site now has "Not Secure" instead of an http tag. I am aware of the reason why and I will see if I can resolve it, but it seems like the main downside is it might be easier for a hacker to see people's passwords. So if you use the same password here as on other sites you'd be worried about someone accessing, it could be a good idea to change it. You can change your password by going to User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit account settings.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:23 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: "Connection not secure" warning
I get this now on one device but not the other. Sounds like you know the cause though, so doubt that's any help.

If it costs money to fix, I can share a post on the issue and ask for some donations.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:04 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Another issue is Google SEO I believe drives down results from sites that aren't on an HTTPS so fewer people discover the site and it will rank lower.

Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

It was supposed to be a rhetorical comment when I said that I’ll see if the site’s still working in November, but I’m not surprised. In fact, I should have been surprised if there were not any issues. :funny:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:43 am
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

At this point it seems like the problem is fixed however the not secure warning is still there for some reason. Maybe it will take a few days for browsers to show it (seems like something to do with google ad code), however I believe in reality the site is "secure".

You can look for yourself at https://www.whynopadlock.com/ and type in worldofkj.com/forum if you want more confirmation.

Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:02 am
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
however I believe in reality the site is "secure".

Very reassuring. :funny:

Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:54 am
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

DP07 wrote:
Shack wrote:
however I believe in reality the site is "secure".

Very reassuring. :funny:

According to the above link

A script with an insecure url of "http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" was loaded on line: 175 of https://worldofkj.com/forum/.

It seems like this is not a major concern if it's the reason for the not secure warning, it's possible going in there and adding an s on the end of http would work. However I'm planning to try to fix it at the end of January (requires briefly signing up for cpanel which I plan to do every 3 months, the last time was before this thread was made)

Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:10 am
Homo Dperious

Post Re: "Connection not secure" warning (Fixed... ish)
Ok, well, I won’t blame you for not hiring a publicist to craft a carefully articulated message. So, perhaps that’s all it is.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:52 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]