Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Spoilers 
Hold the door!

Post Spoilers
How do you feel about spoilers and who is responsible for them? My friend asked me if there was anything "woke" in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and I mentioned the scene with America Chavez' moms. He told me that was a spoiler, but I didn't think it was since its a minor detail, it was in the right wing news and even then, he's had 3 weeks to see it, including 2 times that I invited him to see it, and offered to pay for him as a birthday gift.

How long is it on people not to spoil something? I think if someone really cares about spoilers, its really on them to see it in the first three weeks at a bare minimum.

Wed May 25, 2022 12:58 pm
Romosexual!

Post Re: Spoilers
Quote:
My friend asked me if there was anything "woke"

FUCK HIM! He shouldn't have asked you that dumb ass question in the first place.

and NO it's not a spoiler to know that she has parents :roll:

Wed May 25, 2022 1:00 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rev wrote:
Quote:

FUCK HIM! He shouldn't have asked you that dumb ass question in the first place.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed May 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

If someone directly asks you about details from the movie then they have no right to complain.

However, if you just randomly brought up how

Spoiler: show
Wanda pops the heads of the illumanti

Then that would be uncool.

Also, are conservatives gonna need a website like www.doesthedogdie.com ? Wouldn't want them to be exposed to tolerance without warning!

Wed May 25, 2022 3:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

www.doesthemoviehavetwomoms.com

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed May 25, 2022 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

That's not a spoiler. And agree that if someone asks a question about a film - they risk spoilers (however mild).

That said - I'm not a fan of many news sites on FB/twitter etc - releasing spoilers in headlines/photos within days of a film or tv show being released. Personally - I think spoilers should be alerted and kept for articles only (not headlines) for months after release if not always.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon May 30, 2022 11:03 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I recall in 1999, Nathan Lane was on Letterman and blurted out The Sixth Sense twist ending. I was livid when I saw the film a week or so later. Totally ruined the experience.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon May 30, 2022 11:04 pm
now we know

The older I get the more I have the opinion that people just need to get out more, get a life, and not fixate on entertainment that ultimately just doesn't matter. Also with spoilers, it only really matters if it's integral to the plot or ending, such as The Sixth Sense example. That doesn't just have the potential to ruin the movie, that will, without a doubt, spoil the entire film and render watching it a complete waste of time. But letting slip that such-and-such an actor makes a cameo in such-and-such a Marvel film, eh, get over it. Most of this anti-spoiler culture is borne out of extreme self interest. So extreme that it spills over onto normal people acting normally. Talking about a film is just a normal thing to do once you've seen it, and as I said if you're just talking about normal plot points and nothing that kills the whole experience, I think it's fine. If you don't want to see or hear a single thing about a certain movie, it's your responsibility to avoid it, nobody else's. It's your own OCD that you need to work through. But those that are so anti-spoiler are probably the most likely to watch all the trailers and behind the scenes clips for movies, so they don't help themselves. Avoiding a movie's marketing isn't that difficult, and if you have the right friends they also know to keep shut about films you are interested in (also, why aren't you seeing the film with them?, but I digress). If 100% of your enjoyment hinges on a 3-second reveal, then you're watching movies for the wrong reason (unless, as I said previously, it's a Sixth Sensian level spoil, but 95% of films are not).

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Quality is a great business plan

I saw sixth sense knowing the twist and I still enjoyed the movie. Sometimes more than actual reveal its the narration that matters. Even something like Usual Suspects knowing Spacey was Soze does not take away the fun of watching the movie. There are less capable movies which are nothing more than gimmicky twists and then it does not matter at all as the movie itself is not good twist or no twist.

I used to be shawman.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:25 am
Extraordinary

Rev wrote:
Quote:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:49 am
Extraordinary

I waited a while to see Dr Strange but was annoyed by Variety articles mentioned Charlize and John K. in titles of articles so made it pretty obvious they were there.

This article showed up on Variety 6 days after the movie's release with the spoiler in the headline.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/char ... 235263690/

Also this article https://variety.com/2022/film/news/eliz ... 235266597/

Just felt they ruined some of the fun of the surprise cameos. At least warn people before and don't spill it in the news section.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:57 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Clickbait spoilers are the worst. And so many sites do them. I remember back during Game of Thrones, theringer (or maybe it was still Grantland) had a "SAYING GOODBYE TO RAMSEY BOLTON" headline article up on their site within an hour of the episode airing. There's also sites like IGN and their "LETS TALK ABOUT THAT CHARACTERS DEATH" which isn't as bad, but also lets you know that someone big is gonna die. It must provide revenue or they wouldn't do it, but its so obnoxious.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]