Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Which is a better choice for a Best Picture Nom - Bill / SM2 

Which is a better choice for the crazy OR REALLY SANE and DESERVED Best Picture Nomination Pick?
Kill Bill Volume 2 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Spider-Man 2 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
None of those two but I would have answered Spider-Man 1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
None of those two but I would have answered Kill Bill Volume 1 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
SORRY, I don't think any of these 4 movies should have been a Best Picture nomination picks. 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

Which is a better choice for a Best Picture Nom - Bill / SM2 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post Which is a better choice for a Best Picture Nom - Bill / SM2
Which is a better choice for the crazy or really SANE and DESERVED Best Picture Nomination Pick?

Spider-Man 2 or Kill Bill Volume 2.

I am going with Kill Bill Volume 2.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
With the thread by BKB on SM 2, going to bump this up.

So far Kill Bill is alittle ahead of SM2.

And I would like either to get nominated, that would be really great but surprising.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

You know?? Looking back on it, I got suckered into the whole KILL BILL Hype basically from Harry Knowles who hyped this movie to dear heaven and as a result, I enjoyed the 1st KILL BILL so much, that I went out and purchased it.. It was completely over the top and the fight scenes and massive display of carnage at the end of the "House of Blue Leaves" just left me fucking breathless.. BRAVO.. =D> However, I then rented KILL BILL Vol 2 before purchasing it and while I'll say that the character development was good, the movie just dragged on and on with not near as much action as the 1st film and only a couple of standout moments like when Elle Driver dueled with The Bride in that trailer out in the middle of nowhere.. That was cool, but the Climax, the showdown between Uma and Carradine was very disappointing indeed and could've been alot more explosive for a woman that was left to die by her ex-husband.. With that having been said, I still say SPIDERMAN II was damn near flawless in it's execution with everything from the so called acting right down to the action and should be given the opportunity to be nominated for a BEST PICTURE and BEST DIRECTOR Catagotries like the LOTR Trilogy was allowed to.. It's only fair at least.. =D>

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

You know?? Looking back on it, I got suckered into the whole KILL BILL Hype basically from Harry Knowles who hyped this movie to dear heaven and as a result, I enjoyed the 1st KILL BILL so much, that I went out and purchased it.. It was completely over the top and the fight scenes and massive display of carnage at the end of the "House of Blue Leaves" just left me fucking breathless.. BRAVO.. =D> However, I then rented KILL BILL Vol 2 before purchasing it and while I'll say that the character development was good, the movie just dragged on and on with not near as much action as the 1st film and only a couple of standout moments like when Elle Driver dueled with The Bride in that trailer out in the middle of nowhere.. That was cool, but the Climax, the showdown between Uma and Carradine was very disappointing indeed and could've been alot more explosive for a woman that was left to die by her ex-husband.. With that having been said, I still say SPIDERMAN II was damn near flawless in it's execution with everything from the so called acting right down to the action and should be given the opportunity to be nominated for a BEST PICTURE and BEST DIRECTOR Catagotries like the LOTR Trilogy was allowed to.. It's only fair at least.. =D>

I think most people would agree with you on KB #2 - some loved it and some said should have had more action like in KB #1.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

Could you please stop using bold type? It doesn't give your statement any more substance or importance... It is just annoying

Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:49 am
Cream of the Crop

BKB_The_Man wrote:

Could you please stop using bold type? It doesn't give your statement any more substance or importance... It is just annoying

STOP WHINING LEVY!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH BOLD LETTERS??? CAN'T YOU READ WHAT I'M WRITING??? I THINK THE BIGGER AND BOLDER THE LETTERS ARE, THE BETTER IS THE UNDERSTANDING. MOREOVER, YES, IT GIVES THE STATEMENT MORE SUBSTANCE AND IMPORTANCE - AND EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT I'M IMPORTANT!!! GET A LIFE, LEVY!

Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:58 am
Golfaholic

Levy wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

STOP WHINING LEVY!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH BOLD LETTERS??? CAN'T YOU READ WHAT I'M WRITING??? I THINK THE BIGGER AND BOLDER THE LETTERS ARE, THE BETTER IS THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE READERS. GET A LIFE, LEVY!

Nice impersonation of your fellow countryman, though Ganz did a better job :wink:

Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:00 am
Cream of the Crop

Samweis Gamdschie wrote:
Levy wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

STOP WHINING LEVY!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH BOLD LETTERS??? CAN'T YOU READ WHAT I'M WRITING??? I THINK THE BIGGER AND BOLDER THE LETTERS ARE, THE BETTER IS THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE READERS. GET A LIFE, LEVY!

Nice impersonation of your fellow countryman, though Ganz did a better job :wink:

CAN'T YOU WRITE WITH BOLD LETTERS??? I CAN'T READ THOSE TINY CRAPPY WORDS! :mad:

Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:03 am
Cream of the Crop

By the way: Spider-Man 2 is a brilliant-made movie - it would be the better choice for a Best-Pic-Nom! 8-[

Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]