Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Anatomy of a Fall 

Grade:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Anatomy of a Fall 
Keeping it Light

Post Anatomy of a Fall

Quote:
Anatomy of a Fall (French: Anatomie d'une chute) is a 2023 French legal drama thriller film, directed by Justine Triet from a screenplay she co-wrote with Arthur Harari. It stars Sandra Hüller as a writer trying to prove her innocence in her husband's death.

Anatomy of a Fall premiered at the 76th Cannes Film Festival on 21 May 2023, where it won the Palme d'Or and the Palm Dog Award and competed for the Queer Palm. It was released theatrically in France by Le Pacte on 23 August 2023, receiving critical acclaim and selling over one million admissions in France, and was nominated in 11 categories at the 49th César Awards. The film also gained significant international success, winning two awards at the Golden Globes, and being nominated for seven awards at the BAFTAs and five at the Oscars.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:26 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Anatomy of a Fall
This was unexpectedly mesmerizing. It's such a basic concept but told exceptionally well with a great script. Hüller is fantastic and the viewer feels invested in her outcome. If you are planning on seeing it, read as little about the movie as you can. How France didn't nominate this for their Oscar submission is beyond comprehension too.

As for the ending,

Spoiler: show
I loved how they ended it. It gave an Inception type ending that leaves the viewer wondering the truth. Apparently the director is planning to reveal it in 10 years.

A

Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Very good film. Sandra deserved the Oscar nom and in a weak year the win.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

Great court room movie. Other than its script this is made by being one of the best all around acted movies I've seen in a while, not only having an Oscar win caliber lead but nearly everyone delivered from the kid being near Tremblay level, to the lawyer, prosecutor, victim, social worker, etc. all delivering. The marital fight flashback was one of the most intense scenes I've seen in a while. Sadly I didn't see this in time to include P.I.M.P. in my nominations for best use of a Non-Original song in the movie awards.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:25 am
Extraordinary

Shack wrote:
Great court room movie. Other than its script this is made by being one of the best all around acted movies I've seen in a while, not only having an Oscar win caliber lead but nearly everyone delivered from the kid being near Tremblay level, to the lawyer, prosecutor, victim, social worker, etc. all delivering. The marital fight flashback was one of the most intense scenes I've seen in a while. Sadly I didn't see this in time to include P.I.M.P. in my nominations for best use of a Non-Original song in the movie awards.

I nominated P.I.M.P. in my nods but yes, it was such an unconventional use of the song that if more people watched it and surely would have gotten a nod.

Also, you didn't include Messi the dog in your all star cast all delivering. We'll forgive you but Messi might not. :P

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:21 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I think the kid did it. Only a real psycho would hurt Messi.

Movie is pretty good in terms of writing and acting, but its also way too slow and long.

So 6.5/10

Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:32 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

A documentary about the judicial system in France would have been more educational and interesting

Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]