Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Starling Girl 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Starling Girl 
now we know

Post The Starling Girl

Quote:
The Starling Girl is a 2023 American drama film directed by Laurel Parmet. The film premiered at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival on January 21, 2023, and was released on May 12, 2023, by Bleecker Street.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue May 16, 2023 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: The Starling Girl
The Starling Girl is a film that deserves more recognition. It left a lasting impact on me after watching it in a cinema last May. Eliza Scanlen's performance is exceptional. Her portrayal not only captivates the audience but also showcases her versatility as an actress. It was the first time she impressed me, and now I can confidently say that I am officially a fan. Lewis Pullman also delivers a standout performance alongside her. The combination of their acting skills, the sensitive storytelling by writer/director Laurel Parmet, and the beautiful cinematography make The Starling Girl a must-see film that should not be overlooked. I highly recommend seeking out this criminally under-seen gem. It's one of the year's finest.

I would have bought a physical copy of this the day it hit physical media if it had gotten a Blu-ray release. I refuse to buy a DVD. I won't be surprised if one day this is part of the Criterion Collection. I will buy it when the format is upgraded.

A

Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]