Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Sisu 

Grade:
A 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Sisu 
now we know

Post Sisu

Quote:
Sisu is a 2022 historical action film written and directed by Jalmari Helander. Set in Finnish Lapland during World War II, the film follows a gold prospector who attempts to secure his gold from a Nazi death squad led by a brutal Schutzstaffel officer. The film stars Jorma Tommila, Aksel Hennie, Jack Doolan and Mimosa Willamo.

Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions acquired international distribution rights, and Lionsgate acquired the rights in North America. The film debuted at the Midnight Madness section of the Toronto International Film Festival on 9 September 2022. The film premiered in Finland on 27 January 2023, and will have a limited theatrical release in the United States on 28 April 2023.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Post Re: Sisu
Beautiful cinematography! Badass action & Nazi killings :D

A+

Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:06 pm
now we know

I thought this was great fun. It's First Blood meets Inglourious Basterds, and it's one hell of an entertaining exploitation film.

My only gripe is that the Nazis spoke English. I'd have preferred subtitled German. It would have alienated them more, and overall there isn't a lot of dialogue anyway. But despite that the film knows what it is and it knows its inspiration, and it delivers.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I saw this twice in the theater. I really LOVED it the first time. Was a violent, hilarious blast. Inglorious Basterds meets John Wick. I dropped my rating a notch the second time around. I realized just how one note it was the second time. But that's totally fine. This is at least a great time the first time around.

I saw this at an AMC in Dolby for the first viewing. I'd never seen anything on that screen before. I'm glad I was able to see this one on it. The sound and picture really enhanced my experience. The cinematography looked great. The second time I saw it was in a very tiny auditorium at a Marcus. The couple next to my friend and I talked the entire time. So that didn't help my enjoyment. They weren't even supposed to be sitting there.

Anyway, I'd give this an A-. Deserved to be a bigger hit. It's very crowd-pleasing for those who like violent movies like this.

Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:03 am
Keeping it Light

Great all around, excellent setting and design. What's not to like about nazi's getting killed to pieces, and it's done in slick fashion. Hits top marks on all aspects.

A-

Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:05 am
The Kramer

Great flick. Fuck them nazis and their nazi scalps. Wish I would have seen this in theaters cause the cinematography on the landscapes are just as beautiful as the slaughter.

8.4/10

Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]