Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Extraction 2 

Grade:
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Extraction 2 
now we know

Post Extraction 2

Quote:
Extraction 2 is an American action thriller film directed by Sam Hargrave and written by Joe Russo, based on the graphic novel Ciudad by Ande Parks, Joe Russo, Anthony Russo, Fernando León González, and Eric Skillman. It is a sequel to the 2020 film Extraction, and Chris Hemsworth, Golshifteh Farahani and Adam Bessa reprise their roles, with Olga Kurylenko, Daniel Bernhardt, Tinatin Dalakishvili and Idris Elba joining the cast.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Extraction 2
This is a very good actioner - it's basically a two-hour action sequence - but it did not wow me like the first. I suppose because I know what to expect and that it had something to live up to. But it's still a fine film in its own regard. I was thinking while watching the movie that these Extraction movies are essentially the new Rambos; First Blood Part II to Last Blood all focus on extractions or rescues, and these Extraction films are just that. Hemsworth instead of Stallone. It's just a different time, so instead of the awesome 80s style action you get the more CG-enhanced The Raid style of tactical combat. It has some cool action sequences, and I admire the technical ability to shoot them, but they are not accentuated with noticeable pacing or scoring. It's all done very much in the film's stride, and I felt the opportunity to have a movie moment was often lost in the name of "realism". But there are lots of cool kills and shootouts and explosions. It does what it says on the tin.

I was surprised to see Idris Elba in this, albeit only in a bookend role. But although I had no idea she was in it, I was not surprised to see Olga Kurylenko, lol. When a film features Eastern Europeans you just expect Olga to pop up somewhere!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Excellent action film, love the high octane pace and action pieces in this. As with the previous film it's just a shame that the same dedication with which the action choreography and cinematography is put together hasn't gone in the script. Not that it's not good, it just holds it back from this being potentially even more special, because except for this, the film is superbly visualized and a great ride. Hemsworth is a force and believable in every aspect of his character and I like the rest of the cast too. The action sequences and how the camera makes me feel in and part of the action feels fresh and I desire more of it. Also I watched this on 43" tv, and the screen felt too small to enjoy this to the fullest, wish I could have seen it in the cinema.

A-

Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:19 pm
The Kramer

Awesome movie. Overall better than the first. I wish Netflix would have released it in theaters!

9/10

Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]