Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Shazam! Fury of the Gods 

Grade:
A 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Shazam! Fury of the Gods 
now we know

Post Shazam! Fury of the Gods

Quote:
Shazam! Fury of the Gods is a 2023 American superhero film based on the DC Comics character Shazam. Produced by New Line Cinema, DC Studios, the Safran Company and Seven Bucks Productions, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is the sequel to Shazam! (2019) and the 12th installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). It is directed by David F. Sandberg and written by Henry Gayden and Chris Morgan, and stars Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Rachel Zegler, Adam Brody, Ross Butler, Meagan Good, Lucy Liu, Djimon Hounsou and Helen Mirren. In the film, Billy Batson / Shazam and his foster siblings fight the Daughters of Atlas.

Shazam! Fury of the Gods premiered at TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood on March 9, 2023, and was released in the United States on March 17, 2023.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Shazam! Fury of the Gods
Doesn’t reinvent the wheel but it has good character moments and very strong VFX especially considering it’s low budget. It’s very low ambition and I can’t imagine it’ll be too memorable, though the cast is game and I liked the ties to Greek myth.

This is from someone who thought the first was meh. I liked this more.

Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:48 pm
Extraordinary

I think overall the first was better but this was pretty entertaining.

Soooo stupid of them to spoil the cameo in advertising. Wish I didn't know, it was really cool.

Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:44 pm
Romosexual!

A :D

"TASTE THE RAINBOW, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:15 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

This was fun and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Great visuals and effects.

Sandberg's knack for horror shows here with a nice nod to mythic horror with the creature effects.

The family stuff was enjoyable and as far as superhero films go - this was more enjoyable than a bunch of recent offerings.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:49 pm
Keeping it Light

I was wondering whether its box office performance was not a reflection of the film's quality, but well they definitely go hand in hand in this case. It's just a bad movie, not so much that it's poorly made, but in that there's no creativity in the whole plot and almost all the performances are very flat. A super hero vehicle like this may have been interesting a decade ago, but it all feels like been there done that, it's feels very much by the numbers and any passion is missing from those involved in making it. While Levy acting as a kid worked in Shazam!, it quickly grows blah with a whole team acting like it in Fury of the Gods. One of the things it does have going for it is, that some of the jokes are well written and work, unfortunately they are also too few and far between. It's feels long too, but Rachel Zegler is a nice surprise, it makes me optimistic about her role as Snow White. Hounsou does a good job reprising the wizard too and Wonder Woman's appearance is probably the most enjoyable part, but by that time I had already checked out of this.

D

Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:24 am
The Kramer

This mostly just felt like a waste of a movie. Black Adam should have been in it. It's like the one Wrestlemania where everyone wanted to see Sting v Undertaker but then they did Sting v HHH and Undertaker v Bray Wyatt instead and both were lame.

3.5/10

Thu May 25, 2023 3:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]