Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Weird Science 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Weird Science 
now we know

Post Weird Science

Quote:
Weird Science is a 1985 American science fantasy buddy comedy film written and directed by John Hughes and starring Anthony Michael Hall, Ilan Mitchell-Smith, and Kelly LeBrock. The title is taken from a pre-Comics Code Authority 1950s EC Comics magazine of the same name, the rights to which were acquired by the film's producer Joel Silver. The title song was written and performed by American New Wave band Oingo Boingo.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:33 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Weird Science
I had never seen this before until today. It's a bit of fun and nicely slots into films of the era, such as Fast Times at Ridgemont High and even something like A Nightmare on Elm Street. I expected it to be kinkier and sexier than it was; I don't think there's a single breast shot, for example. But despite this I still dug the film's tone - just the idea of an adult woman buying sexy lingerie and asking the clerk if a 15 year old would be turned on by it is pretty risqué by today's pathetic standards, so it is refreshing. As is Anthony Michael Hall's impersonation of a black man - totally wouldn't be allowed in 2023, but damn he does a fine job.

Bill Paxton plays Stifler before Stifler even existed. Kelly LeBrock is absolutely fucking stunning being Liz Hurley before Liz Hurley came onto the scene (both with their gorgeous pouty lips). Vernon Wells reprises his role as (or at least the aura of) Wez from Max Mad: Road Warrior. And "Robert Downey" provides us with a young, high school, 80s pre-stardom supporting role akin to Johnny Depp in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]