Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Violent Night 

Grade:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Violent Night 
now we know

Post Violent Night

Quote:
Violent Night is a 2022 American action-comedy Christmas film directed by Tommy Wirkola, and written by Pat Casey and Josh Miller. It stars David Harbour, John Leguizamo, Cam Gigandet, Alex Hassell, Alexis Louder, Leah Brady, Edi Patterson, and Beverly D'Angelo.

Violent Night had its world premiere at the New York Comic Con on October 7, 2022 and was released in the United States on December 2, 2022 by Universal Pictures.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Violent Night
I didn't think this was that good, to be honest. It has an immature streak that I wanted to shake out of it. It's also a bit silly and I'm not talking about the Santa-turns-killer concept, but other stuff, like most of the characters. They're very formulaic and annoying. I was happy for them all to die. It's a strange balance of a violent Christmas movie and a fairytale wish-upon-a-Father-Christmas belief story, and it doesn't get the right balance. And tons of the action is obscured by darkness or fast edits. It isn't as hard as it should have been, which was highlighted by its 15 rating. Disappointing.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Violent Night
This wasn't exactly the John Wick Santa that I thought going in. It's more like Bad Santa does a Die Hard. The raunchy sense of humor was a turn off and it took me a long time to get into the movie because of it. Strangely enough however, the wholesome Christmas movie bits are what work best. And rather than go further towards the hard R rating that I originally wanted, I walked out thinking that it would have been better off as a PG13 family-friendly actioner. The second half was full of fun and aww-shucks moments. Weird how that worked out, but I'll take it

7/10

Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]