Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 White Noise (2022) 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

White Noise (2022) 
now we know

Post White Noise (2022)

Quote:
White Noise is a 2022 apocalyptic black comedy film written and directed by Noah Baumbach, adapted from the 1985 novel of the same name by Don DeLillo. It is Baumbach's eleventh narrative feature film and the first not to be based on an original story of his own. The film stars Adam Driver, Greta Gerwig, Raffey Cassidy, André Benjamin, Alessandro Nivola, Jodie Turner-Smith, and Don Cheadle.

White Noise had its world premiere at the 79th Venice International Film Festival on August 31, 2022, and was released in select cinemas on November 25, 2022, before its streaming release on December 30, 2022, by Netflix.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: White Noise (2022)
White Noise is an acquired taste. I've seen a few Baumbach movies and thought I was ready for this. I was not. In fact, I hated the way that Driver and Gerwig were talking so much that I nearly turned the movie off after eight minutes. And what was up with the "Elvis is my Hitler" stuff? But as the movie progresses, you get used to it and the dialogue becomes quite humorous, especially from the kids. "Your symptons are outdate." This is definitely a covid reaction movie, but Baumbach seems to think that people panicked so hard because the quarantine reminded them of their inevitable deaths. Maybe he's on to something there. Maybe not. I dunno, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

7ish/10

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:46 pm
now we know

Post Re: White Noise (2022)
Jesus, what a load of rubbish.

The sound mixing is atrocious. It does get better as it progresses, and there are some individual scenes/ideas/performances of merit, but on the whole this is just a waste of time.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]