Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Enola Holmes 2 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Enola Holmes 2 
now we know

Post Enola Holmes 2

Quote:
Enola Holmes 2 is a mystery film based on the young adult fiction series of the same name by Nancy Springer. Serving as a sequel to the 2020 film Enola Holmes, it is written by Jack Thorne and directed by Harry Bradbeer. The film stars Millie Bobby Brown, reprising her role as Enola Holmes and Henry Cavill as Sherlock Holmes, with Louis Partridge, Adeel Akhtar, Susie Wokoma, and Helena Bonham Carter also reprising their supporting roles, while Sharon Duncan-Brewster, David Thewlis, and Hannah Dodd are added as new cast members.

Enola Holmes 2 was released on November 4, 2022 by Netflix.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:03 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Enola Holmes 2
By having Enola's agency fail so early in the movie, they basically throw away all the progress her character made in the first one. A typical sequel thing to do, I know, but it was especially annoying here. Why? Because they take so long to re-establish her personal journey (which is the same as Enola 1) that the real story of the movie doesn't begin until around the hour mark and then it just keeps dragging on and on. So while it does capture alot of the charm of the original, it was also a movie where I checked the time, assuming it was nearly over only to find there were 47 minutes late. And that's never a good look. I'm sure the demo they're going for will like it though, especially with the apparently real-life historical tie-in at the end.

I'll give it 5.5/10

Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]