Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Terrifier 2 

Grade:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Terrifier 2 
now we know

Post Terrifier 2

Quote:
Terrifier 2 is a 2022 American slasher film written, directed, and produced by Damien Leone. It is a sequel to Terrifier (2016), and is the second film in the franchise. It features the return of David Howard Thornton and Samantha Scaffidi, who respectively portrayed Art the Clown and Victoria Heyes in the first film, and stars Lauren LaVera, Elliot Fullam, Sarah Voigt, Kailey Hyman, and Casey Harnett. The story follows Art's resurrection and pursuit of Sienna Shaw (LaVera) and her younger brother Jonathan (Fullam) on Halloween night—a year after mutilating sole survivor Victoria (Scaffidi) and committing suicide upon police confrontation.

Terrifier 2 had its world premiere at the FrightFest on August 29, 2022 and was released in the United States on October 6, 2022.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Terrifier 2
This is probably the most violent movie I have ever seen. Truly sadistic and over the top gore. Mean spirited but also darkly funny at times. And I thought it was AWESOME. My favorite horror movie I've seen this year. It was kind of fun waiting for the next nasty thing to happen. But it also had an interesting story and great final girl.

I was really nervous about the violence before seeing it. Thought maybe I would be one of the people getting sick or passing out. :sweat: But surprisingly the gore didn't phase me. I can absolutely understand people getting sick though. It's a lot if you're not used to seeing extreme violence. For me it was so violent and over-the-top that it was hard to take it seriously. Whereas in a more serious movie I could get squeamish over far less. Still there's a scene around an hour in that is easily the most fucked up and definitely the one most will struggle with.

Anyway it was a lot of fun seeing it in a full theater and listening to people's reactions. Definitely a lot of gasps. Highly recommend seeing it with an audience. This is a HUGE improvement over the first one. I hope they can get another budget increase for the inevitable third movie.

8/10

Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:58 am
Romosexual!

https://ew.com/movies/terrifier-2-faint ... the-clown/

Quote:
Leone's movie, which features a silent but very expressive maniac named Art the Clown, has also gained a degree of infamy thanks to social media posts claiming that audience members are fainting and vomiting at screenings of the film. "My friend passed out and the theater called an ambulance. Highly recommended," wrote one Twitter user, relating his experience of seeing the film. Another cinemagoer described how at a screening of the movie, "the guy behind me passed out cold n crashed into my chair, another guy left because he didn't feel good, I overheard him say and walking out theatre door I heard a guy puking hard & loud in the bathroom."

:whaa: :whaa: :whaa: :whaa:
yah NOT seeing this movie ever :lol:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:45 pm
Wallflower

I didn't notice anyone throw up or pass out at my showing. But one person left and didn't come back.

Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:52 pm
Romosexual!

Magic Mike wrote:
I didn't notice anyone throw up or pass out at my showing. But one person left and didn't come back.

because they were throwing up in the restroom :funny:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:20 pm
Wallflower

Rev wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:

because they were throwing up in the restroom :funny:

It's entirely possible :P. This movie is getting some very nice publicity. They talked about it for a few minutes on The Talk today.

Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:39 pm
now we know

This sequel has more of a conventional horror structure to it, as opposed to the endless brutality in nondescript boiler rooms and abandoned warehouses of the first movie. But I actually preferred the first one. Terrifier 2 revels in its evilness, and while the first also did that, its antagonist felt genuinely creepy and sick. Here, there are subtle differences that changed his fear factor for me. He's a bit of a one trick pony, too - I was a bit bored by the half-way mark. The over-the-top gore borders on parody, and I also didn't like how the film goes full force right from the beginning instead of teasing the audience like a Halloween film would - though I was numb to the violence from the outset. There is no art of suspense or uncertainty as was in the opening of the first film, no filmic craft - it's just gore upon gore. And I wouldn't say the gore is even particularly convincing.

Also, the supernatural elements here change the dynamic of this horror villain, and I'm not sure I like that either. It's more in line with Freddy Krueger, and with the film's synth-infused score (which is nice but nothing you wouldn't hear from an unsigned retro YouTube remixer) it does feel like Leone is recreating a certain 80s horror land vibe, but I preferred the straight-up slasher of the first movie. This one is also very long. The story that is told here certainly doesn't need 130 minutes to tell it - Leone has a lot of work to do in learning how to pace and edit a film.

Despite bad acting across the board, Lauren LaVera is very good, and also very attractive in her Wonder Woman-esque costume. But I was disappointed, among other underexplored ideas, that they didn't make a connection between Art and her father, which I assumed the film was heading towards. I just got the sense that Leone ditched the film's thematic and narrative development to double down on the gore, and that unfortunately will be its sole legacy.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I'm sure they're saving answers for a third movie. Would have been annoying if one didn't happen but there was pretty much no way one wasn't going to no matter what and now that it's a hit we are for sure going to have multiple sequels.

Also it's been quite a while since I watched it but I remember Art being supernatural in the first film too.

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:45 am
now we know

It's also been a while since I saw the first, and I didn't remember anything supernatural apart from maaaaybe near the end as a way to explain away his invincibility - but the supernatural-ness is definitely ramped up in the sequel.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I really didn't like the scene during the end credits. I thought that was pretty stupid.

Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:22 pm
now we know

Agreed. It's the sign of an amateur director that thinks every idea is golden and the financial cost of every shot warrants inclusion in the final product, which is a understandable mindset for low-budget filmmakers but doesn't make it good, and it needs to be reined in. And it's not just the final scene, it happens throughout the movie. Leone is quite repetitive, and as I already said the film is way too long - he's in love with all of his shots. There will surely never be a director's cut, or if there is the new scenes will be boring talky scenes at Sienna's school or somewhere.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

There's certainly no reason it NEEDS to be this long but I found it surprisingly well-paced and for the most part it didn't drag for me. Maybe just a little during the finale. This could prove to be more of an issue on repeat viewings but it was fine for the first.

Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:41 pm
Forum General

This was a ton of fun and one of the best horror movies of the year,. Hilariously gory, a fantastic final girl and shockingly enough it didn't drag at all. Bring on Terrifier 3.

B+

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:11 pm