Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Uncharted 

Rate this film.
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Uncharted 
Veteran

Post Uncharted

Quote:
Uncharted is a 2022 American action-adventure film directed by Ruben Fleischer from a screenplay by Rafe Lee Judkins, Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, based on the video game series of the same name developed by Naughty Dog. It stars Tom Holland as Nathan Drake and Mark Wahlberg as his mentor Victor Sullivan, with Sophia Ali, Tati Gabrielle and Antonio Banderas in supporting roles. In the film, Drake is recruited by Sullivan in a race against Santiago Moncada (Banderas) and Jo Braddock (Gabrielle) to locate the fabled treasure of the Magellan expedition.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:37 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Uncharted
I thought it was entertaining. Tom Holland was charismatic and the main reason why it worked. The finale was a good time. I hope we get a sequel.

B-

Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:59 am
Extraordinary

This was not good but some of the action pieces were entertaining and Holland's shirtless scenes were nice.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:05 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

On a pure popcorn entertainment level I really liked this. Holland was great and the action set pieces were fun. I'd welcome a sequel. B

Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:04 am
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Uncharted diverges wildly from its source in terms of story, but it absolutely nailed the tone of the games. The result is so much fun! As a major fan of the franchise, I am deeply satisfied.

A

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:49 pm
The Kramer

Was I the only one who laughed at the Nolan North cameo?

"We fell out of a car that fell out of a plane."

"Something like that happened to me once."

:funny:

Too much of an inside joke though?

Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:50 pm
Hold the door!

Not familiar with the games, but this would've been so much better with an actual good actor in the Sully role, and if Antonio Banderas was the only villain in the movie. The black girl was terrible. The girl who played Chloe was good. Overall, the best films of this genre are made by their casting and unfortunately the casting was not on point enough to make this anymore than ok. I'd watch a sequel though.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:00 am
Devil's Advocate

This may as well have officially been made by Marvel with the over the top green screening, long lost brother subplot, end credit scenes, fake Zendaya love interest, etc. I don't think the Wahlberg and Holland buddy humor worked and Wahlberg's vocal inflections were flirting with The Happening level. Small stuff like Holland being as impervious to damage as Spiderman (He smashes into the metal crate while flying through the air and doesn't take a bit of damage?) or Chloe magically stealing the key from his backpack annoyed me. Also why write off Chloe for the whole climax? The pirate ship battle ending and auction scene were decent I guess.

Pretty poor. Much preferred the Lost City.

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]