Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bullet Train 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Bullet Train 
now we know

Post Bullet Train

Quote:
Bullet Train is a 2022 American action comedy film directed by David Leitch, from a screenplay by Zak Olkewicz. Produced by Antoine Fuqua, it is based on the Japanese novel Maria Beetle (published in English as Bullet Train) by Kōtarō Isaka. The film stars Brad Pitt, Joey King, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Brian Tyree Henry, Andrew Koji, Hiroyuki Sanada, Michael Shannon, Benito A Martínez Ocasio, and Sandra Bullock.

Bullet Train premiered at the TCL Chinese Theatre on August 1, 2022, and was released in the United States on August 5, 2022 by Sony Pictures Releasing.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Bullet Train
Mmm I thought this was ok. Entertaining enough but I think writing felt off.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am
The Kramer

There's way too many flashbacks at the beginning, which make it hard for the movie to build any momentum (which is super ironic considering they're on a train.)

After that it is very entertaining though. It nails the tone of early-Guy Ritchie so well that it's a shame they couldn't get Statham for one of the many cameos.

7.5/10

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:23 pm
Keeping it Light

Pretty wholesome and entertaining film. It goes on for a bit long, I don't think we need a backstory for like every character, but other than that there's good action and humor and makes for a very good time at the cinema. Pitt is his usual cool self and I like the rest of the cast too, Bullock is basically underused though.

B+

Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:01 am
now we know

It's fitting that Ryan Reynolds cameos in this (returning the favour of Pitt in Deadpool 2) because the film and its action have a similar vibe (and, of course, it's by the same director). It's all quite a convoluted, ludicrous action romp. One of those Tarantino or Guy Ritchie-infused every-domino-affects-another structures. Fun, but a bit overbearingly so. The trailer sort of prepared me for this, so it wasn't a big problem but it certainly puts Bullet Train just out of reach of being one of the year's best - and I will not let Rare Earth's "I Just Want to Celebrate" subconsciously convince me otherwise. Great song, but I'm wise to a film's tricks. There are some awesome kills, though mostly everything is a gag or a cutaway flashback or a [not so] poignant piece of wisdom. There are some catchy ones, though, such as "hurt people hurt people" and "pointing the finger means four are pointing back at you". So, overall it's great escapism, but just a good actioner; non-stop, kinetic, engaging, just with a tad too much levity.

The cameos were a welcome distraction. I had forgotten that Bullock was in it, though I knew the voice on the end of the phone was a somebody. I had no clue Michael Shannon was in this. And Tatum was meh.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]