Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Minions: The Rise of Gru 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Minions: The Rise of Gru 
now we know

Post Minions: The Rise of Gru

Quote:
Minions: The Rise of Gru is a 2022 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Illumination and distributed by Universal Pictures. It is the sequel to the spin-off prequel Minions (2015) and the fifth entry overall in the Despicable Me franchise. Directed by Kyle Balda, with Brad Ableson and Jonathan del Val as co-directors, the film sees the return of Steve Carell as Gru, and Pierre Coffin as the Minions, along with Taraji P. Henson, Michelle Yeoh, RZA, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Lucy Lawless, Dolph Lundgren, Danny Trejo, Russell Brand, Julie Andrews, and Alan Arkin.

Minions: The Rise of Gru debuted at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival on June 13, 2022, and was theatrically released in the United States on July 1, 2022, by Universal Pictures.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Minions: The Rise of Gru
It was fine to watch but man these movies are so forgettable.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:49 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

I'ts enjoyable and thats about it really. Agree that it's forgetable.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:38 am
Hold the door!

It was better than the first, but i fell asleep around the climax and I'll have to rewatch it.

Bizarre theater experience though. Went at 10pm and it was filled with all teenagers and older, a lot wearing suits, at this movie aimed at little kids.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:22 am
now we know

I'm not really a fan of this whole universe, if I'm honest. It's not that I dislike them - they're capable of producing some dastardly funny moments - I am just numb to the incessant gags and noise and stunts and horseplay. There is, of course, a story, but it never feels like that - more just a lot of off-branch comedy vignettes pieced together. Which the brand, with its many shorts, is great at doing well, I'm just not sure it works as a feature for me. I wanted more of a coherent through-line to its narrative. Even if it is only 80 minutes sans credits, I'm either exhausted by it all so soon or my eyes glaze over and my ears tune it out. And the minions themselves are a tad annoying, particularly with not being able to understand them - sometimes I spot some Spanish, other times some German, but most of the time it's gibberish.

But I did enjoy the 70s disco groove milieu this one is set in. They've recreated a period and cranked its highs even higher. An American era enthused with the popularization of martials arts, San Francisco, record shops, and funk music. This coming-of-age adrenaline ride is a whole lot of fun in that regard, and it is gorgeously animated. It also has some cool voice performances from Russell Brand, Alan Arkin, and Michelle Yeoh. Disappointingly, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren are also voices, but you perhaps wouldn't know without checking the credits.

I know I've seen some movies featuring Gru and the minions before, but I couldn't tell you which ones. None of them stand out at all apart from maybe Despicable Me 3 where he has a long-lost brother. They all merge into one large, yellow avalanche of bangs and whistles and farts and laughs.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]