Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Moonfall 

Rate this film.
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Moonfall 
Veteran

Post Moonfall
Quote:
Moonfall is a 2022 science fiction disaster
film co-written, directed, and co-produced by Roland Emmerich. The film stars Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, John Bradley, Michael Peña, Charlie Plummer, Kelly Yu, and Donald Sutherland. The film was shot in Montreal on a $146 million production budget, making it one of the most expensive independently produced films of all-time.

Moonfall is scheduled to be released in the United States on February 4, 2022, by Lionsgate. The film received generally negative reviews from critics.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:10 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Moonfall
The first hour is kind of fun in a cheesy B-movie kind of way, but once some of the larger scale sci-fi concepts are introduced here the film completely loses its way and becomes a dumb, incoherent mess. I also found John Bradley's performance hugely grating. C-

Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:14 pm
Profile YIM
Cream of the Crop

thompsoncory wrote:
I also found John Bradley's performance hugely grating.

I don't know him, but he looks like an absolute asshole. Pretty much like the asshole kid from the new Home Alone movie, but 20 years later and with an artificial beard glued to his face.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

GuybrushX McMurphy wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:

I don't know him, but he looks like an absolute asshole. Pretty much like the asshole kid from the new Home Alone movie, but 20 years later and with an artificial beard glued to his face.

:funny:

Yes good comparison actually.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:14 pm
On autopilot for the summer

GuybrushX McMurphy wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:

He seems basically everything that is bad about Josh Gad and Nick Frost (who I love, but he can be grating) had a lovechild and they threw 140 million dollars anchored on him in the marketing campaign. And then they were like, you know who sells tickets, Patrick Wilson! This might be the most baffling film of all time. You needed an absolute A lister for this to have any chance.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:55 am
Devil's Advocate

Patrick Wilson, Halle Berry and Game of Thrones 15th most beloved actor in a disaster movie in 2022. Great combination.

Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:21 am
Extraordinary

This wasn't good but I enjoyed how silly and goofy it was lol

The whole car chase with all that destruction was so random, laughed a lot.

Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:34 pm
Wallflower

My god this was dumb. I never paid attention to the trailer when it was attached to movies I'd see. So I'm not sure if the silly WTF-ness of the second half was something shown in the ads but the movie was not what I was expecting. Legit barely understood what was going on in like the last 45 minutes. But honestly don't even think it's worth putting any thought into. I'll give it that it isn't super boring so that's a plus but I also didn't find it all that interesting or even fun. Emmerich shouldn't be allowed to make movies anymore. And with as much money as this is going to lose he just might not be allowed to.

D+

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:32 am
The Kramer

This was so dumb in the best way possible.

Even though Patrick Wilson and Halle Berry are the movie stars here, it seems like Sam from Game of Thrones is the true hero of the story. Godzilla v Kong also had a "the crazy conspiracy guy was right all along!" type of story. Kind of weird. They spend so much time explaining the SuperConstruct "theory" and he's always so absolutely certain that he's right that I found it frustrating when his craziness was validated. Atleast give us an additional "not even I could have seen that coming!" type of twist.

The movie also has no urgency whatsoever. The world is gonna end in 3 days? Eh, shit happens, get back to work.

Hard one to grade. Really does feel like a bigger budget version of a ScyFy original. I find enjoyment in these bad action movies, but one can never forget that they are in fact Bad Movies.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]