Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ambulance 

Rate this film:
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Ambulance 
Keeping it Light

Post Ambulance

Quote:
Ambulance is a 2022 American action thriller film directed and produced by Michael Bay. A co-production between New Republic Pictures, Bay Films, Endeavor Content, and Project X Entertainment, it is based on the 2005 Danish film of the same name [Ambulancen] by Laurits Munch-Petersen and Lars Andreas Pedersen. The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Eiza González and follows two adoptive siblings turned bank robbers who hijack an ambulance and take two first responders hostage.

Ambulance, first announced in 2015, went through several crew changes years before it entered production. In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic's impact on Bay's career led him to come on board to direct. Filming took place in the midst of the pandemic in Los Angeles on a $40 million budget with cinematographer Roberto De Angelis. During post-production, editing was completed by Pietro Scalia and the musical score was composed by Lorne Balfe. The film premiered in Paris, France, on March 20, 2022, and was released in the United States on April 8, 2022, by Universal Pictures.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:34 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Ambulance
Runs maybe 15-20 minutes too long, but for the most part this movie is a bonkers blast. For the first two hours I was on the edge of my seat, the action sequences are incredibly well-done and the movie is also darkly hilarious. Gyllenhaal is at his most unhinged and I found Abdul-Mateen and especially Gonzalez quite likable. It's basically Speed on steroids, but if you turn your brain off when it comes to logical plotting and dialogue it's a lot of fun. B+

Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:38 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

Delivers exactly what you'd expect and does it well. I found it very entertaining.

B+

Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:31 am
The Kramer

Yeah 130 minutes was too long to sustain the tension of Ambulance. I was ready for it to be over before they even got to the spanish gang's place. The second act of the film is fantastic though. So much adrenaline! And Bay is having so much fun with those drones. :hahaha:

We Don't Stop

B+

Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:46 am
Keeping it Light

I like Bay for his 90's films and he's made some good stuff since then too, but since Pain and Gain I've not been impressed. Ambulance doesn't impress either and if anything it's mostly just a run of the mill action film. Kind of fun for what it is, but I was hoping for more from Bay. It has some nice bits, The Rock reference, the Sailing song, but I never really got to feeling the thrill of the chase and the characters are mostly uninteresting. I like Gyllenhaal, but this is one of my lesser favorite films of his, Eisa Gonzalez on the other hand is very good in it. The film is just never as grand as it could be, in a way I may have been expecting bigger action and bigger explosions and more humor from it. Instead it ends up being just alright.

B-

Mon May 02, 2022 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]