Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) 
Keeping it Light

Post Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)

Quote:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a 2022 American slasher film directed by David Blue Garcia, with a screenplay by Chris Thomas Devlin, from an original story co-written by Fede Álvarez and Rodo Sayagues. The film is a sequel to The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) and the ninth installment of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (TCM) franchise. Picking up several decades after the original film, the story focuses on the serial killer Leatherface targeting a group of teens and coming into conflict with a vengeful survivor of his previous murders. The project is a joint-venture production between Legendary Pictures, Bad Hombre, and Exurbia Films. The film stars Sarah Yarkin, Elsie Fisher, Mark Burnham, Jacob Latimore, Moe Dunford, Olwen Fouéré, Alice Krige, Jessica Allain, and Nell Hudson.

After the release of Leatherface in 2017, Lionsgate had plans for five more films in the franchise. However, the studio lost the rights due to the time it took to release it. Legendary acquired the franchise's rights, with Álvarez and Sayagues serving as producers alongside Pat Cassidy, Ian Henkel, and Kim Henkel who co-wrote the original film. Duo filmmakers Ryan and Andy Tohill were initially signed on as directors, but were replaced with Garcia due to creative differences. Filming took place in Bulgaria in August 2020.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was released on February 18, 2022, on Netflix.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:29 am
Wallflower

Post Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)
I had a great time with it. Low expectations certainly helped. The cinematography is nice and the gore was great. I liked the lead characters. Was rooting for the sisters. Having Sally come back was pointless and way too much of a rip off of Laurie in Halloween 2018. Except unlike Laurie they actually made Sally pretty stupid.

I would have liked this to be a little longer but as is I was pleased. So much of this series is not very good so it's not that difficult to be one of the best entries. But for what it's worth I thought it was one of the best. Hopefully it's huge on Netflix and they decide to do a sequel.

B

This would be my third favorite after the 2003 remake and The Beginning. I've never been a huge fan of the original. I'm sure when it came out it was amazing and terrifying but that's not when I saw it. I saw it when I was probably 12 or 13 and thought it sucked. Then saw it again a year ago and "liked" it but I still don't think it's great.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:40 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I thought this was awful. The story didn't make any sense (I never got the point of what they were doing in the town in the first place), the characters were moronic and worst of all the entire thing is super boring. D

Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:42 pm
Profile YIM
Child Actor

This was really bland for me. The film offers nothing new or interesting that we haven't already seen in this franchise, let alone, slashers. The main characters aren't given much to do, except the two sisters. Half the cast is just cannon fodder for Leatherface, and no one gets much development at all. The one fiber that connected this to the original, was Sally. Her entire presence was mishandled & wasted.

The whole "old man" Leatherface aspect that was promoted never pans out either, he's as much of an unstoppable force as he ever was. The ending was a big cliche for me, as well.

D

Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:56 pm
On autopilot for the summer

This series might be getting trashier then Amityville Horror, I honestly had no idea another one was out

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]