Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin
Quote:
Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin is a 2021 American found footage supernatural horror film directed by William Eubank, written by Christopher Landon, and produced by Jason Blum and Oren Peli. Serving as the seventh installment of the Paranormal Activity series, the film stars Emily Bader, Roland Buck III, Dan Lippert, Henry Ayres-Brown, and Tom Nowicki.

Although Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension was promoted as the final installment in the original series, Paramount Pictures announced in June 2019 that a seventh installment and stand-alone sequel was in development, with Blum and franchise creator Peli. Landon was hired to write the script in early 2020, while Eubank was announced as the film's director in February 2021. The cast was announced in March that same year and principal photography wrapped by July 2021.

Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin was released in the United States on Paramount+ on October 29, 2021.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:19 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin
What a very pleasant surprise this was. I thought it looked stupid and reviews were bad but this is my favorite since the second Paranormal Activity. I loved that it did its own thing and it totally worked for me. The plot was intriguing. The characters were mostly likeable and easy to root for. Cinematography was great for a "found footage" type film. There were some gorgeous shots here. I also really liked how it briefly acknowledged Covid in a totally organic way. I generally prefer movies and shows to ignore Covid but it didn't bother me at all here. To my surprise I actually liked that they included it thanks to the subtle way they did it. It was a nice touch.

Anyway I'm really pleased with this. I don't think it's super scary but it definitely has some creepy moments and the finale is pretty intense. I would love a direct follow-up to this one.

B+

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:33 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin
I thought this was mostly awful. Really grating lead performances from the entire cast but the end goes so off the wall that it becomes entertaining in a so-bad-its-good kind of way. It has nice cinematography though. C-

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:36 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]