Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Venom: Let There Be Carnage 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Venom: Let There Be Carnage 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Quote:
Venom: Let There Be Carnage is a 2021 American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Venom, produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel and Tencent Pictures. Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, it is the second film in Sony's Spider-Man Universe and the sequel to Venom (2018). The film is directed by Andy Serkis from a screenplay by Kelly Marcel, based on a story she wrote with Tom Hardy who stars as Eddie Brock / Venom alongside Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris, Reid Scott, Stephen Graham, and Woody Harrelson. In the film, Brock tries to reignite his career in journalism by interviewing serial killer Cletus Kasady (Harrelson), who becomes the host of the alien symbiote spawn of Venom, named Carnage.

Venom was intended to be the start of a new shared universe, and plans for a sequel began during production on the first film. Harrelson was cast to make a brief appearance as Kasady at the end of Venom with the intention of him becoming the villain Carnage in the sequel. Official work on the sequel began in January 2019, with Hardy and Harrelson confirmed to return along with Marcel as writer. Serkis was hired as director that August, partly due to his experience working with CGI and motion-capture technology which was an important part of portraying Venom and Carnage in the film. Filming took place at Leavesden Studios in England from November 2019 to February 2020, with additional filming in San Francisco in February. The title was announced in April 2020.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage had a screening for fans in London on September 14, 2021. It is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on October 1, 2021, after being delayed from an initial October 2020 date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The film received mixed reviews from critics.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:31 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Venom: Let there be Carnage
So I think I would say the first one is better. Wow, I didn't think I'd say that. The Venom/Hardy scenes range from decent to funny, all the other material... not good. Story and writing are weak.

As for the mid credits scene... not sure how they're gonna roll with it but sure why not lol

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:18 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Ugh if first is "better" WTF?

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 am
Hold the door!

Script was weak but special effects and action were good. Refreshingly small scale and low stakes. Good hammy performances,

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:56 am
100% That Bitch

Welcome multiverse

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:32 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was indeed worse than first. I didn't find any great performances and felt at times it was incoherent. A lot of things are going on in each scene but none of them are ever fleshed out.

D+

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:19 pm
The Kramer

This first half (and maybe second too) made me think that a sixth grader was rewriting Spider-Man 3 (complete with an Emo-Venom sequence) with his favorite character as the lead. It is really really bad.

But ...

The special effects for Carnage are so damn good that it kinda makes up for everything else? Serkis may not have a handle on story .. or character ... but he sure knows how to pull off a huge action sequence. And the majority of these shots are so well lit too, even the night time scene at the very end. I'm sure it was just the result of being seduced by the increased budget, but the cringey-humor finally worked during these scenes too. I got a big chuckle from "oh fuck this guy!" *chomp* (and also think the resulting collective laugh is a big reason it is doing so well in theaters) and during the final fight, when Venom is like "we need sound", looks at the banshee girl, nods in acknowledgement of a team up but then just smacks her into the bell instead. :funny:

So yeah, in 5-10 years when the FX are outdated this might become one of the worst comic book movies ever. On first viewing, here in 2021, it was fun enough though. B-/C+ ish.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:19 pm
The Kramer

Also, I didn't catch it during the first movie, but this version of Eddie Brock was definitely meant for Mark Wahlberg. His mannerisms are so similar.

I'm fine with Hardy cashing those checks though. He deserves it.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Re: Venom: Let There Be Carnage
I find these Venom films ridiculous but I found this enjoyable enough abs the addition of Carnage is welcome. The action was very good too.

That said - don’t know how well this version of Venom will work in the MCU/Spiderverse.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:49 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Venom: Let There Be Carnage
This was better than the first but still horrific. I can't watch these movies and not feel humiliated for the talented actors that signed on. C-

Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:06 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]