Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Reminiscence 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Reminiscence 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Reminiscence
Quote:
Reminiscence is a 2021 American neo-noir science fiction thriller film written and directed by Lisa Joy, in her feature directorial debut. The film stars Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson, Thandiwe Newton, Cliff Curtis, Marina de Tavira, Daniel Wu, Mojean Aria, Brett Cullen, Natalie Martinez, Angela Sarafyan, and Nico Parker. Joy also produces alongside her husband and creative partner Jonathan Nolan.

Reminiscence was released by Warner Bros. Pictures in the United States on August 20, 2021, and will also have a month-long simultaneous release on the HBO Max streaming service.[3] The film received mixed reviews from critics, who compared it unfavorably to other similarly-themed films.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:17 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Reminiscence
It tries to blend Inception with a neo-noir twist but ends being a generic story that's gets lost in it's mystery and forgets to tell a compelling love story. So much time is spent with the leads apart that those small moments they are together feel uninteresting. That is not to say the two actors don't try they both are at the top of their game. Jackman was the right choice for this kind of role and any lesser would have made this movie intolerable, Ferguson mixes sexy and emotional in her character with ease but it feels like we have seen her do this before. Thandie Newton is superb in her supporting turn. The villain is pretty non-existent and the movie has the worst dialogue I have heard from a big budget tentpole in this decade so far.

C-

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:35 am
Indiana Jones IV

I enjoyed this. Has a classic movie feel. Entertaining, not mind-blowing.

an excellent B

Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:23 am
Extraordinary

I surprisingly dug it. Didn't deserve to flop that badly.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]